Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Are we going to have any Avengers Free X-books?

From what I have seen of previews it looks like they are going to completely Avengerfy the MU. What X-men Book is going to be left for fans that don't want to read Avengers books.

Don't Say WAXM becasue when it came down to it Wolverine proved he was an Avenger not an X-Man

Is the Bendis book going to be the only thing left?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Luck be a lady and let's hope so.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

Personally, I am prayin' for an anti-Avengers Uncanny X-Force squad led by Cable, to keep my X-dreams alive...
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    Personally, I am prayin' for an anti-Avengers Uncanny X-Force squad led by Cable, to keep my X-dreams alive...

Oh HELLS YEAH!!! That would be awesome. As for the poster's question I'm gonna say no. Bc dammit when the X-Men screw the pooch and f up big they need a policed existence, as for when the Avengers screw up the good ole MU Cough-Wanda, Cough-Cap, Cough-Ironman, glad that fit's over what was I saying?

I doubt it very much. There aren't really any X books left any more. An 'anti Avengers' X force book would be good but they'd probably me made up of villians. As the X Men are now the official 'bad guys'.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

I like the X-force idea. I think it's unlikely given the amount of blood, sweat and lube they used to force the X-men into the 'greater marvel universe'. Still, the stupid looking new Cyclops would make a good addition. Cable too, maybe hope. Hope is supposed to fight Wanda so she'll hopefully turn on the Avengers eventually. Swierzynski or obv. Gillen for scribe.

I hope the Extinction Team get put into Uncanny X-Force with Gillen writing it and the word they use to describe the book is Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Rhoades View Post
    Oh HELLS YEAH!!! That would be awesome.
    Yes, it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    I like the X-force idea. I think it's unlikely given the amount of blood, sweat and lube they used to force the X-men into the 'greater marvel universe'. Still, the stupid looking new Cyclops would make a good addition. Cable too, maybe hope. Hope is supposed to fight Wanda so she'll hopefully turn on the Avengers eventually. Swierzynski or obv. Gillen for scribe.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I hope the Extinction Team get put into Uncanny X-Force with Gillen writing it and the word they use to describe the book is Freedom.
    I like it.

There are still Spiderman and Daredevil books, even if they have been inducted into the Avengers. Marvel cannot be so dumb as to close all the mutant books.

the bendis x-men seems to be in JGS so the only hope is for x-factor and maybe x-force if wolvie leaves the team

BANNED

I don't think the relaunch is meant to destroy the X-Men as a separate franchise. They just wanted a blanket reason to be able to place non-mutants on X teams and mutants on Avenger teams, instead of needing to justify each case individually. Uncanny Avengers looks to be the only book that has both sides represented equally, the rest will probably just be mostly from one with a few from the other mixed in.

Galaxy News Radio bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    There are still Spiderman and Daredevil books, even if they have been inducted into the Avengers. Marvel cannot be so dumb as to close all the mutant books.
    Spiderman and Daredevil were both "solo" characters before being introduced into the Avengers.
    thats the whole point behind the Avengers, taking existing popular Solo characters and dragging them into the team like a cut rate justice league.
    its a franchises that stripmines other franchises for popular characters.

the X-men, on the other hand, were conceived as a team from the start, and folding the team into the Avengers means ending the X-men as a unique team.
    now the just end up another branch of the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I don't think the relaunch is meant to destroy the X-Men as a separate franchise. They just wanted a blanket reason to be able to place non-mutants on X teams and mutants on Avenger teams, instead of needing to justify each case individually. Uncanny Avengers looks to be the only book that has both sides represented equally, the rest will probably just be mostly from one with a few from the other mixed in.
    How is Uncanny Avengers equally representative ?
    4 Avengers and 2 X-men.

I think all the books should be free.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

I hope X-Treme sticks around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    I think all the books should be free.
    I think all the books should be Storm and the X-Women, written by Claremont, and every issue should have them torturing Cyclops for his failure.