View Poll Results: what series are you most excited for?

Voters
281. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Uncanny Avengers (Remender & Cassady)

42 14.95%
  • Avengers (Hickman & Opena)

65 23.13%
  • New Avengers (Hickman & Epting)

13 4.63%
  • All New X-Men (Bendis & Immonen)

29 10.32%
  • Ironman (Gillen & Land)

8 2.85%
  • Hulk (Waid & Yu)

24 8.54%
  • Thor (Aaron & Ribic)

24 8.54%
  • Captain America (Remender & JRJR)

8 2.85%
  • Deadpool (posehn/duggan & Moore)

10 3.56%
  • Fantastic Four (Fraction & Bagley)

13 4.63%
  • Red She Hulk (Parker & Paygulan/Alves)

9 3.20%
  • Shanna [Rumored] (Frank Cho)

4 1.42%
  • OTHER

32 11.39%
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I got back into comics last year after quitting 20 years ago with the intent of catching up with Uncanny X-Men. Well I'm all caught up with Uncanny now and I'm jumping off after the last issue! I'll continue to collect comics, just not Marvel Now. There are plenty of great comics being reprinted in hardcover from pre-Marvel Now.

Nah, these new creative teams are too intriguing for me to jump off. The Avengers side will be very strong this time around. No way I'm missing that. Plus we still haven't seen everything being released as a part of Marvel Now. I expect to be interested in some of the unannounced titles.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm using it as a jump ON point D;
    It will be the start of their 3.99 title #1 issues coming with digital codes, so i'm probably shuffling the marvel deck and jumping on things like Waid's Hulk, Aaron's Thor, Remender Cap, after having jumped off Brubaker's cap, and not buying incredible hulk or fraction's thor.
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

I'm very intrigued by a few of the announcements so far, and will probably give more Marvel NOW #1's a shot than I did DC's 52. I'm especially curious to see what new solos they're having.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Not all of these are marvel now titles but I am also dropping some titles as I no longer want to spend $50 a month on comics. And thats on preorders with 35% off. I'm trying to cut it down to $30 per month (not including shipping). Because of this I'm dropping fantastic four, ultimate comics Xmen, and some non marvel comics including animal man and secret. I really want to try out Hickman's avengers because I love his work but not sure what I would be willing to drop to add it.

It is a bit of one for me. I think I may be done with the Avengers franchise for a bit after this. Though I really do like Hickman, I'm just tired of it at this point. There may be some new titles I pick up with Waid's Hulk and Aaron's Thor being two of them. MAYBE I'll check out Bendis' X-Men. I like the idea of Fraction on FF and Remender on Cap, but it just feels like too much money for me at this point to keep pouring in. I'll continue reading my books that won't be changing at all as of now, like Defenders, ASM, Hawkeye, Punisher, X-Force, Captain Marvel, and Daredevil.
    University of Penn Student. Go Quakers! Pull List: Saga, Batman, Danger Clubl, Amazing Spider-Man, Action Comics, Daredevil, and Hawkeye Limited Series Books: AvX & Spider-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    this may be my jumping off point for most of the X-Men stuff. not sure though, gonna wait and see.
    Will there be much "X-men stuff" left to read?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

I was kind of hoping the it would be a jump back on point for me but so far nothing that has been announced has perked my interest.

I dont think as a jumping of point but as a changing,dropping and adding which books i should get and drop
    With Fantastic Four i might drop nothing would be as good a hickman was.
    With Hulk dont know
    But Captain America with Remender yes
    But i wont rest jugement till they all come out
    Last edited by fin5; 08-04-2012 at 04:04 PM.

The last time i was at a jumping off point,it was during loeb's hulk run. I almost jumped off a bridge.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

I already jumped off the Marvel train when they went to $3.99 on some books which in turn killed off a bunch of other books.

I'll certainly browse the new titles but $3.99 is still too much, especially when its gonna double ship, and I don't have enough faith that the $2.99 non double ship books will last long enough for me to get invested only to have them pulled away again. Thats what the $3.99 and double ship apologists don't get - readers have shown that they'll drop 2nd tier titles in an attempt to keep up with $3.99 double shipped titles like Avengers and X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Will there be much "X-men stuff" left to read?
    Of course there will be. Marvel's more into the spin-off thing than they've ever been. Is there anyone out there who doesn't think there will still be 6-8 different X-Men titles a month? I don't think Marvel would know what to do with themselves if they had to publish anything less than that.

BANNED

I jumped off Marvel awhile back. I'm going to jump back in with NOW! if they don't price gouge.

Does Marvel have an official statement justifying their high prices? I read ITT that DC is injecting more pages for the price, I may just try to get into some of their books. It's really hard shelling that kind of cash for a few pulls worth 15-20 minutes of reading. They need to fix that.
    I've got a gut feeling in my stomach...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Does Marvel have an official statement justifying their high prices? I read ITT that DC is injecting more pages for the price, I may just try to get into some of their books. It's really hard shelling that kind of cash for a few pulls worth 15-20 minutes of reading. They need to fix that.
    Yes, greed. There was an interview about a year or so ago with one of Marvel's top people who said they charge more because they know fans will pay for it.