View Poll Results: what series are you most excited for?

Voters
281. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Uncanny Avengers (Remender & Cassady)

42 14.95%
  • Avengers (Hickman & Opena)

65 23.13%
  • New Avengers (Hickman & Epting)

13 4.63%
  • All New X-Men (Bendis & Immonen)

29 10.32%
  • Ironman (Gillen & Land)

8 2.85%
  • Hulk (Waid & Yu)

24 8.54%
  • Thor (Aaron & Ribic)

24 8.54%
  • Captain America (Remender & JRJR)

8 2.85%
  • Deadpool (posehn/duggan & Moore)

10 3.56%
  • Fantastic Four (Fraction & Bagley)

13 4.63%
  • Red She Hulk (Parker & Paygulan/Alves)

9 3.20%
  • Shanna [Rumored] (Frank Cho)

4 1.42%
  • OTHER

32 11.39%
Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Default MERGE: Marvel NOW!, Excitement, and Pull Lists

I don't mean totally quitting Marvel comics or anything, just in the sense of cutting away a big bulk of my pull list due to either not really liking certain creative teams or Marvel's price points for their upcoming books.

Personally I've been tolerant on the 20 page $3.99 thing for certain books but that's mostly because I've been looking for good jumping off points for a while and I think Marvel NOW! provides as perfect time as any to do so. I no longer see a whole lot of value to Marvel's $3.99 comics given all of the cost cutting measures they've been implementing on the single issues over the years which looks especially bad when you see what DC's putting out with adding extra pages to their $3.99 books, retaining the glossier cover stock, and overall having a more inviting price point of $2.99 so that you can try out more books without having to squeeze out another one due to a tight budget. I'm keeping most of the $2.99 books that I currently purchase (Avengers Academy, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Spider, Hulk, etc.) and am just riding out the remaining runs on Uncanny X-Force, Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Avengers, Invincible Iron Man, until their writer's end their time on the titles but after those runs are over I'm pretty much cutting them out.

However I have picked up Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, and perhaps I'll even check out Gambit if that's good as I've enjoyed these and for $2.99 they offer a good reading experience even if they are a little rough around the edges, plus it feels like less of an investment when you buy a lot of other books. For me, a lot of the future Marvel NOW! books price points will determine whether I pick them up or pass on them, the other runs I'll probably trade wait from now on though.

So where do you guys stand on this? Are some of you in the same camp as me or will you just cut out certain books to make space for specific big name titles? Alternatively, are you guys on board for most of it and don't really have problems with the price points and talent involved in the relaunch?

If Defenders goes kaput, I'll go wherever Doctor Strange shows up. Winter Soldier is still a must. I will try Red She Hulk (but that's not Marvel NOW).

Since I am not invested in many of the titles Marvel is relaunching through Marvel NOW for me it's too early to tell. The only book I am definitely giving a trial run is Fraction's F4. Once I see what Hickman's Avengers team are and his plans, I'll go from there.

I am not thrilled about the $3.99 price point, but I will pay that if I wind up enjoying a book enough to become a regular reader (Defenders being the only example right now.)
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

I don't really get the whole "jumping off point" thing.

If I'm sick of a book or becoming tired of it, I just stop getting it or stop ordering it. I don't need to collect an entire run or even an entire storyarc if I'm not enjoying it.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I'm doing the same thing I did with DC's New 52. Keeping some titles/dropping some titles/trying out some new titles.

BANNED

I "jumped off" a lot of Marvel comics a while back. It's kind of easy to do when you can't afford them.

Not even close.

Seems I may break even pull list wise, thanks to the announcement of Fraction on F4 and FF (dropping). But Remender's two new books are definite buys for now. And I also have an interest in Iron Man again when before I didn't.

Curious to see what happens on the X side of thigns, as Bendis books sounds terrible and I am not sure what else they have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    I don't really get the whole "jumping off point" thing.

If I'm sick of a book or becoming tired of it, I just stop getting it or stop ordering it. I don't need to collect an entire run or even an entire storyarc if I'm not enjoying it.
    It's not that I didn't enjoy those books or became tired of them, it's basically just looking for a good time to bow out of a run that has a natural conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    I "jumped off" a lot of Marvel comics a while back. It's kind of easy to do when you can't afford them.
    What does your current list consist of if I may ask?

If anything, it looks like my pull list will either stay as is or expand. All the creator announcements so far will either have me staying on books I'm already getting or giving a few I'm not a try.

Nah. If anything there are a couple of new books I'll be getting. I'm looking more at what I can trim off my DC reading to make room for titles like 'A+X' that I hadn't anticipated wanting.

I find that both of the big two are putting out so much solid reading these days, that I'm hard pressed to keep my pulls inside any sort of budget. It's consuming more and more every month.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

It depends on what the new creative teams have planned. If Hickman's Avengers sounds great and I dig the art (It's Opena; of course I'll dig it), then I'll keep it around. If I don't like Fraction's Fantastic Four, I'll drop it. I'm more concerned with whether or not I'll be entertained than if I'll have to pay a little more per month.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Nope. Gonna have to shuffle some things on my pull list around since they seem to want to be double shipping some of the $3.99 titles (seriously, what are they thinking having it double ship every month? Do we look like we have Tony Stark's wallet to them?) but I may be swapping out New Avengers for Uncanny anyway depending on what things look like in the NOW relaunch in January.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Depending on what new X-books are introduced, I may use it to jump off that particular line of books, since all my X-Men related books are being cancelled save X-Force, which I expect is probably going to be a later relaunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    What does your current list consist of if I may ask?
    Um.... Invincible, Aquaman, Captain America and Green Lantern. When I remember to pick them up. Actually haven't bought Green Lantern or Captain America in months, though.

So, those comics, in addition to whatever comic I feel like grabbing at the moment, and any trade paperback I feel like picking up.

I am pretty much. I really only read X-titles, never cared for the Avengers. I have no interest in Uncanny Avengers at all. The only book I'm definitely buying is X-Factor. I'll have to see what the other new titles line ups are, I'm mostly interested in where The New Mutants characters are going. Looks like I'll be saving some money very soon.