Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman25 View Post
    yes they are, and ?
    It's nothing for a white relationship in the MU/DCU to end because there's an endless supply of them. The same can't be said of 'minority' relationships.
    Stop being like this. It doesn't make you look clever, it doesn't make you look insightful, or open-minded, or whatever the heck you're going for, it makes you look obnoxious and blind.

Not on the list (of didn't last) John Stewart and Tawny Young... but really other than a few, which ones do last?

There's no other medium where stories go on so long, even in Soaps the actors age and die. In comics they can, and do go on forever. The writers need to add drama/melodrama, that includes characters getting together, and characters separating, which happens more than not, for all races.

DC's Malcolm Duncan(Herald) and Karen Beecher(Bumblebee) are together in young justice...
    How bad ass is she...http://static.tumblr.com/k75bh6k/V2z...ebee_gif_4.gif

And There's always Superstretch and Microwoman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5Ffe2f4xg Which is more than most heroes get

http://museumofuncutfunk.com/wp-cont...uction-Cel.jpg
    Last edited by Guicho; 08-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.

nobody pulls out the Race card on marvel when MJ and Parker Break up or when Jean and Logan dont go all the way.
    They're both white and there's not like there's a lacking of relationships in comics for them, that's like saying there are no white characters in comics or that characters of color out number them

They decided to go down the split up route with Storm and Panther to make things more dramatic just like any other relationship story in comics.
    Story isn't done so we don't know where they're going with it

Has nothing to do with Race.
    They didn't or at least think that far ahead( it's sad if no one involved thought about the implications of ending this ) but this is about race because if it wasn't then there wouldn't have been outrage about them getting together or such a rush from "fans" to see her paired with the most well known white character they can think of aka "that black bastard is beneath you but this white man is the key to your future" syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    They're both white and there's not like there's a lacking of relationships in comics for them, that's like saying there are no white characters in comics or that characters of color out number them

Story isn't done so we don't know where they're going with it

They didn't or at least think that far ahead( it's sad if no one involved thought about the implications of ending this ) but this is about race because if it wasn't then there wouldn't have been outrage about them getting together or such a rush from "fans" to see her paired with the most well known white character they can think of aka "that black bastard is beneath you but this white man is the key to your future" syndrome
    if the story isnt done then why be so sensitive and pull out the race card so early without knowing the final results ? People really need to stop looking at the downside of everying thing 1st and stop trying to create a proble that doesnt exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by transvestitegod View Post
    It's nothing for a white relationship in the MU/DCU to end because there's an endless supply of them. The same can't be said of 'minority' relationships.
    Stop being like this. It doesn't make you look clever, it doesn't make you look insightful, or open-minded, or whatever the heck you're going for, it makes you look obnoxious and blind.
    you can call me what ever you want but I know im not making myself look sensitive, insecure and not trying to create a problem that doesnt exist yet before reading an entire story. people already pulling out the race card on marvel before the story is complete. Relax, your not always gonna like what you see or hear with the media. and Stop looking for problems before they even exist.

BANNED

you can call me what ever you want but I know im not making myself look sensitive, insecure and not trying to create a problem that doesnt exist yet before reading an entire story. people already pulling out the race card on marvel before the story is complete. Relax, your not always gonna like what you see or hear with the media. and Stop looking for problems before they even exist.
    Woah, let's not deflect.
    You uselessly pointed out that no used called race when Peter and MJ broke up - this is factually because white couples are in large supply and minority ones are not.
    Now you're claiming that's not a problem, which makes you obnoxious and blind.
    I don't care if I see the same thing happen in mass media all day everyday, it is still a problem.

if the story isnt done then why be so sensitive and pull out the race card so early without knowing the final results ? People really need to stop looking at the downside of everying thing 1st and stop trying to create a proble that doesnt exist yet.
    Some folks like to jump the gun( see the x-board ) and as it stands it is done since the only ones who've really hinted at otherwise have been Brevoot and Aaron

If you're tired of hearing people looking at the downside of things then I suggest the internet may not be the place for you or at least a message board isn't for you

Some folks like to jump the gun( see the x-board ) and as it stands it is done since the only ones who've really hinted at otherwise have been Brevoot and Aaron

If you're tired of hearing people looking at the downside of things then I suggest the internet may not be the place for you or at least a message board isn't for you
    Maybe you should try to look at the internet and messages boards as a fun place to discuss the things you do enjoy and not search so heavily for problems that dont exist yet without all the details. I wish there were more Latino Characters in the comic universe. but do you see me opening up pages and whining cause things didnt exactly go the way I wanted them to ?

if people want to comment after the story is complete I can understand that. but creating a problem and pulling out the race card on a company and making them look bad without all the details yet is just silly and shows alot about a persons character.

Maybe you should try to look at the internet and messages boards as a fun place to discuss the things you do enjoy

I do but this place isn't one of them

and not search so heavily for problems that dont exist yet without all the details.
    Who said I do, that's you projecting and goes against what you just told me to do. Do you get nose bleeds being that high on your horse?

I wish there were more Latino Characters in the comic universe. but do you see me opening up pages and whining cause things didnt exactly go the way I wanted them to ?
    So asking for more latino characters and wanting change is now called whining? Well there's the old saying that change won't come unless you do something but since you have a closed mouth don't expect to get fed

if people want to comment after the story is complete I can understand that but creating a problem and pulling out the race card on a company and making them look bad without all the details yet is just silly and shows alot about a persons character.
    And with that you just let me know you have no clue what you're talking about

I do but this place isn't one of them

Who said I do, that's you projecting and goes against what you just told me to do. Do you get nose bleeds being that high on your horse?

So asking for more latino characters and wanting change is now called whining? Well there's the old saying that change won't come unless you do something but since you have a closed mouth don't expect to get fed

And with that you just let me know you have no clue what you're talking about
    just cause u cant comprehend a statement that doesnt mean another is misinformed.

just cause u cant comprehend a statement that doesnt mean another is misinformed.
    Oh know I got it but you are misinformed which is why you've been dodging all counter points to your "argument"( that btw you do not have )

Oh know I got it but you are misinformed which is why you've been dodging all counter points to your "argument"( that btw you do not have )
    Care to explain where im misinformed here? cause anyone else could understand that just fine regarding my post on people wanted to start a problem with out all the details yet when the story is not complete.

Hope your not one of those that stood outside of Chick Fila the last few days protesting
    Last edited by Deadman25; 08-03-2012 at 11:31 PM.

nevermind. i don't have time for known idiotic posters.

if you don't like the subject, don't come into the thread trying to derail shit , just kick rocks and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    nevermind. i don't have time for known idiotic posters.

if you don't like the subject, don't come into the thread trying to derail shit , just kick rocks and leave.
    Agreed 100%
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Interracial

Wonder Woman and Trevor (he died than got wiped from continuity)
    Yewhatnow?

A) That's not an interracial relationship.
    B) Trevor never died and got wiped from continuity, he just was old and married.
    C) He's young and single now, and it looks like they're an item.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."