Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I want to know what sort of criteria they're looking for, because otherwise that's not a satisfactory for why Red She-Hulk isn't a part of Marvel NOW!, and I say that as someone who does not want to read Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight729 View Post
    I want to know what sort of criteria they're looking for, because otherwise that's not a satisfactory for why Red She-Hulk isn't a part of Marvel NOW!, and I say that as someone who does not want to read Hulk.
    All I can say is if you want more women in Marvel books, not just in a couple of solos but earning prominent places in team books too, then you HAVE to buy Parker's Red She-Hulk and it has to float.

Buy the other books too, of course, but that's the one that has to succeed.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

So- Wonder man is going to be joining a big team. Unless it's the masters of Evil, i don't know how they're going to redeem him after he attacked the Avengers in order to get them to disband. Maybe he should join uncanny Avengers, since Wanda will be on that team. Speaking of which, where's the Vision in all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Axel had a good chance to step up and talk about female characters across Marvel NOW! and it's telling that he didn't - at all. The one character he was put on the spot for in Drew's question was answered by saying she "may" appear in a group title, and then was quick to point out how the single female character involved in the movie line-up would be spread across a number of books.

You might say it was reticence at revealing too much, but when asked a similar question about male characters, he waxed lyrical.
    He also didn't answer my question about Kitty Pryde, a character he himself said had big things coming in 2012, but has been all but completely absent from even the book she is supposed to be big in.

Or maybe it was ignored because it was my first post. =p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    All I can say is if you want more women in Marvel books, not just in a couple of solos but earning prominent places in team books too, then you HAVE to buy Parker's Red She-Hulk and it has to float.

Buy the other books too, of course, but that's the one that has to succeed.
    Probably pointless to speculate, but does this mean that Captain Marvel wasn't exactly a smashing success? I mean, that book was supposed to be the barometer for measuring interest in future titles, and if he sounds so hesitant here it probably underperformed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    We hardly see her as it is. I guess she's going to be locked away in limbo now. And the Hulk eats the key.
    She was just getting a lot of attention too! SCREW MAVEL AND ITS MALE DOMINENCE! I hope they all get pushed in the back when people get bored of male characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Probably pointless to speculate, but does this mean that Captain Marvel wasn't exactly a smashing success? I mean, that book was supposed to be the barometer for measuring interest in future titles, and if he sounds so hesitant here it probably underperformed.
    Im doing my part. Im doing my part. Did you? (Not directed at you but when will I ever get a chance to quote the Starship troopers movie again)

I dont know if it was a smashing success but I bought a couple of copies..and their was still plenty on the stands this week. Maybe Retailers ordered a lot..expecting more willing buyers.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Nice of Axel to answer the MK question. I very little idea of what Ultron is though (except for what I am seriously trying to forget from the last MK run.) - I suppose that means an appearance in an Avengers book. Hell, if Hickman's the one doing it, no argument from me.

And Dr. Strange: "Believe. In. Magic." We do! We really do. Hope Marvel will again soon.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

That first question, could that be resubmitted? And maybe answered.
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member

If Wonder man joins the UnCanny Avengers,that will mean there are two members who beat the crap out out of the Avengers in the past...

The problem comes in if you don't like Captain Marvel #1(I didn't), and you don't buy it, then Marvel sees that as fans not wanting women in superhero comics, instead of "yeah, I didn't enjoy this book, so now I'm not buying it". And the flip side is that some fans(and writers/editors who won't be named) are fond of guilt-tripping you into buying books you don't enjoy. "You want female characters? Do your part and buy Captain Marvel!"

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyFakeMcCoy View Post
    "Alonso: Most titles are staying the same price they are now, with many of the added-value features we offered during "Avengers Vs. X-Men."

Meaning most of the titles relaunching are already $3.99, while the few that aren't will move to $3.99. But it's ok cuz there's AR now.
    Yeah this really bothered me, guess I'll be skipping a lot of books.

It's also a little disconcerting to hear so little happening with certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    The problem comes in if you don't like Captain Marvel #1(I didn't), and you don't buy it, then Marvel sees that as fans not wanting women in superhero comics, instead of "yeah, I didn't enjoy this book, so now I'm not buying it". And the flip side is that some fans(and writers/editors who won't be named) are fond of guilt-tripping you into buying books you don't enjoy. "You want female characters? Do your part and buy Captain Marvel!"
    Maybe not that harsh. But perhaps giving it a try.

IF someone tries something and it isnt to your liking then..fairs fair.

but dont say you want diversity then sit on your hands.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    LESS MOCKINGBIRD?! Boooooo!
    Seconded. I like her. And I want her with Hawkeye.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Im doing my part. Im doing my part. Did you? (Not directed at you but when will I ever get a chance to quote the Starship troopers movie again)

I dont know if it was a smashing success but I bought a couple of copies..and their was still plenty on the stands this week. Maybe Retailers ordered a lot..expecting more willing buyers.
    Well, I bought it. I honestly didn't think it was that good but I'll continue to buy it since the previews look promising and I do want it to succeed. As long as the retailers ordered it in quantity then that should be fine, but if it's not selling then it will see a pretty quick drop in orders.

More idle speculation, but I bet Red She-Hulk is planned for a finite run. The book was probably going to be cancelled, so they let Parker do something different for the last few issues. Unless there's a massive sales spike for the first issue under the new title, it'll probably run a couple arcs and then end.