Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    He doesn't care as long as he gets Ultimate Wolverine back! Literally any explanation is good enough for him.
    Lol many of us feel the same way about Ultimate Peter. I would take anything at this point lol... Besides Spider-Men, which has been pretty lame thus far.

It could work but then it would lead to why not just bring back all the other dead characters like Peter Parker or Magneto. I would accept bringing Wolverine back, but I like how the writers are trying to keep the "dead means dead" rule as of late. And I rather the writers of the UU to just flesh out Jimmy more. He can become as cool as Wolverine if not better if the writers worked on him.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

any dead character can be brought back with some wild loophole. That's what the Ultimate Universe DOESN'T do.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    any dead character can be brought back with some wild loophole. That's what the Ultimate Universe DOESN'T do.
    Fuggin' this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    It could work but then it would lead to why not just bring back all the other dead characters like Peter Parker or Magneto. I would accept bringing Wolverine back, but I like how the writers are trying to keep the "dead means dead" rule as of late. And I rather the writers of the UU to just flesh out Jimmy more. He can become as cool as Wolverine if not better if the writers worked on him.
    Agreed.

Here is an example on how I would flesh out Jimmy Hudson.

His character arc started as trying to learn the origins of his dad, reason he left Ultimate X and was captured by the Purifiers. In continuation of this, Jimmy could get his hands on his father's precious engagement ring, which read TO JAMES WITH ALL MY HEART. This could then lead Jimmy to find his mother. I recommend having Jimmy ask Tim Dugan of SHIELD for help; the man obviously is as old as Nick Fury and met Logan around the time he recruited Steve Rogers into the super soldier program.

This would show Jimmy doesn't like being a loner, unlike his dad, and is more willing to seek help.

As far as personality goes, we could have a scene where Kitty sees Jimmy feeding a stray dog and she learns of the boy's kind nature and love for animals. Here Jimmy could talk about his pet alligator and show a greater understanding for wild life, emphasizing how humans are the cruelest animals.

Another scene could have Jimmy notice Kitty in distress and playfully take her out for a beer or to dance to some random song on the radio, with the sole intent of cheering up his girlfriend.

There could also be a scene where Jimmy is shown being pushed by stress to connect to his beastly side, thus explaining the times when he resembles more his father.

In a twist, Jimmy could even expand on his liquid metal ability and use it for something unique like coating his entire body in a Colossus-like exo-skeleton or attack Nimrods with metallic tendrils, Doc Ock style.

TA-DA! Here I just fleshed out Jimmy Hudson a wee more and gave him notable differences to his father, while respecting Jeph Loeb's original characterization--because GREAT writers respect that.
    Last edited by MrV; 08-04-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    You mean "that's what the Ultimate Universe has done several times?"
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Not since Ultimatum it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Not since Ultimatum it hasn't.
    It has with Norman Osborn, Thor, and the EDU.

Not since post DOSM have they brought back any dead characters. So far it seems they are keeping to the dead means dead rule. I wish they had kept to it post ultimatum but what done is done. I just hope they can keep it up from here on out.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Elder Member

Norman never died ("Death of A GOBLIN" not "Death of Goblins"), gods can't die, and EDU was then shortly killed off. So I was incorrect. It has happened once and was then quickly reversed.

Norman never died ("Death of A GOBLIN" not "Death of Goblins")
    Loophole

gods can't die,
    Loophole

and EDU was then shortly killed off. So I was incorrect. It has happened once and was then quickly reversed.
    Captains Britain and Spain are still alive. Loopholes.

Elder Member

Spain died (at least I think that was Spain) and the original Britain is dying.

No.. I mean what I said. I realize it's happened, but it's not supposed to, and readers have a right to be aggravated when it does. Why someone would ask for it to happen is beyond me. If you want "comic book deaths", the Ultimate Universe isn't for you.

And you're right. When I said it was something the Ultimate Universe "doesn't do", that was technically incorrect. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. This was more like when a teacher firmly says to a student "we don't throw things in this class room", and you're the kid that says "I just did".
    Last edited by Trallis; 08-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    He doesn't care as long as he gets Ultimate Wolverine back! Literally any explanation is good enough for him.
    This, this is very true.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Spain died (at least I think that was Spain) and the original Britain is dying.
    Spain flew off with Jaime Braddock in Ultimates #2, and hasn't been seen since. And while Brian might be dying, that's not the same thing. Tony Stark has cancer, too, but I wouldn't yet list him among the dead.

And even if you discount those two, that still leaves Norman. Who was implied as dead, making his return a loophole. If he can be written off as "never being dead," then so can Doc Ock. Thor was unquestionably dead, and listed as dead by Marvel. If it's acceptable for Thor to get an out because he's a god, it's an absurd double standard to say Wolverine can't come back, when his explanation is equally plausible. By combining the "no body" rule that excuses Norman and the fact that Thor and the EDI made the Ultimatum death list irrelevant, then you could also excuse the returns of the Academy students and most of the Brotherhood too.