Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well, that's probably something that hasn't been brought up yet. I have a feeling Warsong will be referenced given that they referenced some obscure Phoenix appearances already. But I also think that Emma Frost was addicted to power for part of her career so it'd be tough. She managed to do it in Endsong for a bit with Cyclops love but she got consumed by it because of who she is.
    Emma addicted to power was a given, it's part of her character.

At this point I think Endsong is probably retconned

Between Cyke and Emma, I thought emma was the level headed in the beginning all things considering, she did state to cyke that it was Hopes choice and cyke shot it down.

I think it'll be her and Scott fighting over the case of Hope

Scott left her in her time of need to seek Hope and Emma needed him at that point.

Hope and Emma never had good re pore with one another so I'm sure when Scott gets his hands on her and brings hope to Utopia where the final battle will occur that it'll be because of Hope that emma will go all out and scott will kill her.

Edit: Scott comes out the Hero smelling like roses, Avengers will get bad viewing from the public and mutants will be worse off than when they started of being "hated and feared"
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 08-03-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Emma addicted to power was a given, it's part of her character.

At this point I think Endsong is probably retconned

Between Cyke and Emma, I thought emma was the level headed in the beginning all things considering, she did state to cyke that it was Hopes choice and cyke shot it down.

I think it'll be her and Scott fighting over the case of Hope

Scott left her in her time of need to seek Hope and Emma needed him at that point.

Hope and Emma never had good re pore with one another so I'm sure when Scott gets his hands on her and brings hope to Utopia where the final battle will occur that it'll be because of Hope that emma will go all out and scott will kill her.
    I haven't really seen anything that retcons Endsong here tbh.

I think the Avengers are going to pick a Phoenix to side with. And I don't know, I thought the Hope/Emma thing was resolved in Fear Itself. I think Emma might realize what she's doing enslaving people and give Hope a choice. I don't think Emma's going to die either way.

Who's writing the last issue?

What about the WHR and Jean/PF being one

I think the Avengers are going to pick a Phoenix to side with. And I don't know, I thought the Hope/Emma thing was resolved in Fear Itself. I think Emma might realize what she's doing enslaving people and give Hope a choice. I don't think Emma's going to die either way.

I can see that, they'll probably side with Emma, but the way it's seems to be heading that emma may die

I think it's either Aaron or Bendis, I know Bendis is writing AvX#11

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    I'd hate to read happen. After all the hard work Emma did. She knew the Phoenix was messing her up. Hell, she didn't even ask to get it in the first place.
    This ^^. I just hope Emma will make Cyclops pay for his actions. She's said before she's sacrificed a lot to be with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    You are right in that she didn't offer herself to Hope. But it is almost certainly true that you can't just divest your phoenix force holdings like it is a stock option, and I think it's true that she knew she couldn't get rid of the Phoenix Force, even if Hope were there. I think that point is point is moot. I really do think it is the writers being silly, but that's another series of posts.

She played by the rules for along time, healed large portions of the world, and she took a major effort to isolate herself when she realized what was going wrong. You know Cyclops was bugging her to come join the war against the Avengers and she probably said no. If you don't want to count that, that's fine, but it is part of the record that she took major steps to isolate herself
    And even Cyclops went to an isolated place to figure out how he could manage the power of the Phoenix. He was being entirely hypocritical when he told Emma to get over it (the power of the Phoenix). Of course he got his own infinite comic with a sympathetic point of view, even though he recreated his dead wife from moon dust just to tell her she was wrong about the Phoenix.

Bendis is writing #11. Gillen is writing the UXM tie-in to #11. Jason Aaron is writing #12.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 08-03-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

What about the WHR and Jean/PF being one
    I think that was said in the meta sense. There was a thread a while back discussing it. IRRC the first issue mentions the host being the heart of the Phoenix. When they ripped it out and shattered it they left it's heart back in the WHR.

Also IRRC the Phoenix copied Jean Greys memories and soul, and it mentions that, that longing it feels is hers.

And in the issue itself Cyclops, Emma and some else mention that, that thing isn't Jean a one or two times. Also that explains Warsong and Celeste.

I don't have my issues in front of it but I'll have a look and see if I can find the thread.

I think it's either Aaron or Bendis, I know Bendis is writing AvX#11
    Bendis is writing it... sigh... I have respect for him. He can clean up when he really, really wants to. But he hasn't been doing that so far. Decompression, decompression. I'm imagining it being AvX 8 redux. Splash pages, of phoenix fights with little plotting. Long talking head sequences that are less about texturing the characters and more about showing how hip and witty Bendis can make his characters sound.

What's that? Joss Whedon came back specifically to write AvX? Oh that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post

And even Cyclops went to an isolated place to figure out how he could manage the power of the Phoenix. He was being entirely hypocritical when he told Emma to get over it (the power of the Phoenix). Of course he got his own infinite comic with a sympathetic point of view, even though he recreated his dead wife from moon dust just to tell her she was wrong about the Phoenix.
    Referring in bold: See I remember in the past getting into a debate with another user on the X-Forum and getting statements like Scott would never say such things.. at the time though it was a debate on his character and many were defending it and claimed what Jean said to him in NXM was cruel mentioning getting over possession by En Ben Sur and that scott would never say such things.

I think that was said in the meta sense. There was a thread a while back discussing it. IRRC the first issue mentions the host being the heart of the Phoenix. When they ripped it out and shattered it they left it's heart back in the WHR.

Also IRRC the Phoenix copied Jean Greys memories and soul, and it mentions that, that longing it feels is hers.

Yea, that scene to me was more like getting jean back to her senses when she took in the PF from emma

And in the issue itself Cyclops, Emma and some else mention that, that thing isn't Jean a one or two times. Also that explains Warsong and Celeste.

There was 2 jeans, one the PF and the other Jean Grey resurrected, but I can see where your coming from, one good side heart one bad side of the heart, but it wouldn't explain the body being resurrected in the beginning and later adding more confusion in the UXM:SH arc

I don't have my issues in front of it but I'll have a look and see if I can find the thread.

I have my TPB, I'll have to look, but I do know that ending was confusing as hell.

Bendis is writing it... sigh... I have respect for him. He can clean up when he really, really wants to. But he hasn't been doing that so far. Decompression, decompression. I'm imagining it being AvX 8 redux. Splash pages, of phoenix fights with little plotting. Long talking head sequences that are less about texturing the characters and more about showing how hip and witty Bendis can make his characters sound.

What's that? Joss Whedon came back specifically to write AvX? Oh that's awesome!
    I think AvX#11 and AvX#12 will be mostly fighting and less talking,(lots of smaller fights and the big one between Wanda and Hope which happens in AvX#12 and we'll see the full deal in the last VS issue) with that in sense Emma maybe preparing the troops in that teaser image.

I think AvX#11 and AvX#12 will be mostly fighting and less talking,(lots of smaller fights and the big one between Wanda and Hope which happens in AvX#12 and we'll see the full deal in the last VS issue) with that in sense Emma maybe preparing the troops in that teaser image.
    Let's see! And as far as Emma preparing the troops-- I'm all for Emma as Darkseid. I don't think that's what she will be doing though... She'll be killing and Cyclops will probably freak out.

Let's see! And as far as Emma preparing the troops-- I'm all for Emma as Darkseid. I don't think that's what she will be doing though... She'll be killing and Cyclops will probably freak out.
    I can see that.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

You know, one thing that I'd love to know why they have yet to bring up is why is it that suddenly Emma can be in possession of an ever growing fragment of the Phoenix Force for so long, especially now that she has half of it. Wasn't the case back in Endsong that Emma couldn't stay in possession of it for long without it killing her due to being an alpha level mutant rather than an omega? What exactly happened to that because at this point she's had it for weeks.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post

Bendis is writing #11. Gillen is writing the UXM tie-in to #11. Jason Aaron is writing #12.
    I thought the sinister arc was it's own thing or are you referring to an issue in Sept?

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, one thing that I'd love to know why they have yet to bring up is why is it that suddenly Emma can be in possession of an ever growing fragment of the Phoenix Force for so long, especially now that she has half of it. Wasn't the case back in Endsong that Emma couldn't stay in possession of it for long without it killing her due to being an alpha level mutant rather than an omega? What exactly happened to that because at this point she's had it for weeks.
    I'm wondering how any of the P5 members can keep the Phoenix for that long...but apparently it's because the PF got fragmented which is why they can somewhat control it. Still doesn't make much sense. But PF has been making all the characters loony.

I thought the sinister arc was it's own thing or are you referring to an issue in Sept?
    Nah, it's gonna end soon, I'm guessing since #18 and #19 are the tie-ins to #11 and #12: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39162
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Oh, yea I forgot about those tie-ins of UXM.