Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Yeah. That's tough! Oh goodness gracious. What are they making Emma do? I guess since she lost her humanity I don't know if it is really Emma. I'm not sure we have ways of talking about "people" who have lost their "humanity." But geez.

So Jason Aaron is happy to write Emma into oblivion? The other writers of the event thought this would be fun to trash her? Really? They had better have an amazing twist or something.

And Scott... is getting off Scott free in this whole mess-- staying true and what not. Okay. Good for Cyclops and Cyclops fans, but really?

It is a bit much for me.
    Cyclops is tied for my Favorite Marvel Hero.

Doesn't make me want to see Emma taking a fall. I personally liked the Good Boy with the Bad Girl and loved the two as a couple. Whedon really brought out interesting development with them. I found Emma bringing out some of the most potential in Scott. She gave him the gift of clarity. I found that to be such a powerful scene. Emma will cross bridges most stay away from. Scott became a bad ass after M Day and Emma. Before that, he was a typical white bread hero. This is one of the reasons I enjoy reading Cyclops. He walks right on the line but never crosses it.

As for Cyclops, I would be completely surprised he'll walk away from this unscathed. Hell, I'll even take a bet on this. Captain America and Logan hate his guts. If you look at the Aftermath Cover, I'm pretty sure that's Scott's bloody arms chained up being arrested. Let's face it, the Avengers make the rules.

I think Scott will be arrested. I'm hoping Cable breaks Scott out and they form X-Force. I'd be upset something happens to Emma. She'll always be a Hero to me. She funded Utopia and sacrificed so much.

I don't know who is going to bite the bullet. I doubt its Xavier after seeing the future WATXM Cover.
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 08-03-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    I'd hate to read happen. After all the hard work Emma did. She knew the Phoenix was messing her up. Hell, she didn't even ask to get it in the first place.
    Emma is one of three characters who hates the Phoenix, she didn't want it. She fears it. She's been on the receiving end of it like 4 times.

oh Emma....what have they done to you :(
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

I have a feeling she's pulling a Moondragon there and enslaving them and possibly the entire planet for their protection. Her protective nature of her charges is dialled up to 11.

Makes me wonder what will the likes of Storm and Kitty will think about all of Phoenix Emma's actions when this is over, especially given how they feel about her.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I have a feeling she's pulling a Moondragon there and enslaving them and possibly the entire planet for their protection. Her protective nature of her charges is dialled up to 11.
    Emma Frost as an all powerful Psychic super-villain? Go for it. "'what will you do when all mutants are ALL Emma Frost? ... Will you be the enemy of all mutant kind then? What irony that will be, Cyclops." Something like that would win my internets. (cribbed from FC.) Emma as Darkside would be awesome.

Please. Please do something like this! You made me think of the image posted below. If that happens I will love Emma even if she kills most of the Marvel super heroes. It's going out like ( whoops forum rules) that would upset me. That soap opera I'm sorry sorry... mess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkseid-is-here.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	98278

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Emma Frost as an all powerful Psychic super-villain? Go for it. "'what will you do when all mutants are ALL Emma Frost? ... Will you be the enemy of all mutant kind then? What irony that will be, Cyclops." Something like that would win my internets. (cribbed from FC.) Emma as Darkside would be awesome.

Please. Please do something like this! You made me think of the image posted below. If that happens I will love Emma even if she kills most of the Marvel super heroes. It's going out like ( whoops forum rules) that would upset me. That soap opera I'm sorry sorry... mess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkseid-is-here.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	98278
    Well she's done it before, she took her students and hide them from Onslaught but she had to mentally control them to do it.

im guessing marvel want to make another dark phoenix saga on the AvX 3rd act

now on larger scale avengers and the x-men ...the main character it still be cyclops as the morale to guide out of control girlfriend emma

emma beg cyclops to killed her , and scott will hesitated , for the ending either marvel will take the same route as dark phoenix saga kill emma and for the twist make scott kill her (different from dps when jean grey kill her self) or take alternative ending route where emma will strip her phoenix power and leave x-men with scott

Well she's done it before, she took her students and hide them from Onslaught but she had to mentally control them to do it.
    As far as what they do to Emma Frost if I don't learn to love it I'll hate it. So they should just go all the way now FC was one of those events that floundered for me and was totally redeemed by the last two issues, and Darkseid was one of the reasons why. I like villains as much as heroes when it comes to my taste in characters, but when the going gets tough, they can't sit there and be all "I can't control it, save me." Do it or don't. Before you die spit in their face. When Joker turned his head to laugh at Batman near the end of DKR-- that is real. Aizen mocked the Bleach cast till his last breath... twice. No apologies. Die! Die for Emma Frost!

Emma is one of three characters who hates the Phoenix, she didn't want it. She fears it. She's been on the receiving end of it like 4 times.
    But see heres the problem, it's not like she's made any EFFORT to get rid of either. (whether she hates it or not, or knows how to or not)

I see her fighting scott cause of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    But see heres the problem, it's not like she's made any EFFORT to get rid of either. (whether she hates it or not, or knows how to or not)
    Well she's been shown trying to resist it in the last issue but the temptation of life and fire incarnate is too much. Which is what she's basically afraid of. So don't think you can blame any of the P5 for that. The Avengers plan backfired and it was forced on them.

Well she's been shown trying to resist it in the last issue but the temptation of life and fire incarnate is too much. Which is what she's basically afraid of. So don't think you can blame any of the P5 for that. The Avengers plan backfired and it was forced on them.
    I'm not blaming her, it's just that you'd think with all that she knows with the PF, somehow behind she would be trying to find ways to rid herself of it or at least make the effort.

So at the same time I don't really feel all that sorry for her character.

I'll Admit if she dies in this event I'll be angry.

I see her and Scott having their fall out cause of Hope

You are right in that she didn't offer herself to Hope. But it is almost certainly true that you can't just divest your phoenix force holdings like it is a stock option, and I think it's true that she knew she couldn't get rid of the Phoenix Force, even if Hope were there. I think that point is point is moot. I really do think it is the writers being silly, but that's another series of posts.

She played by the rules for along time, healed large portions of the world, and she took a major effort to isolate herself when she realized what was going wrong. You know Cyclops was bugging her to come join the war against the Avengers and she probably said no. If you don't want to count that, that's fine, but it is part of the record that she took major steps to isolate herself

I'm not blaming her, it's just that you'd think with all that she knows with the PF, somehow behind she would be trying to find ways to rid herself of it or at least make the effort.
    Well, that's probably something that hasn't been brought up yet. I have a feeling Warsong will be referenced given that they referenced some obscure Phoenix appearances already. But I also think that Emma Frost was addicted to power for part of her career so it'd be tough. She managed to do it in Endsong for a bit with Cyclops love but she got consumed by it because of who she is.

BANNED

Well, that's probably something that hasn't been brought up yet. I have a feeling Warsong will be referenced given that they referenced some obscure Phoenix appearances already. But I also think that Emma Frost was addicted to power for part of her career so it'd be tough. She managed to do it in Endsong for a bit with Cyclops love but she got consumed by it because of who she is.
    Endsong and Warsong should just be erased from existence altogether.