Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Freeze View Post
    I enjoyed the entire Owls arc. But when it came to the Night of Owls crossover, the only #9 issues I liked were Batman, Nightwing, and Red Hood. The others I didn't think contributed much so I have low expectations for the Joker cross over.

I also think they stretched the Owl arc for too long. I'm not a fan for stretching an arc for longer than 6 issues.

So I would like to see the Owls more, but not for a couple fo years. I want and would expecct them to lay low and spend a few years plotting when to move again but The Talon series is not going to allow that. I'm not going to be reading the Talon series.

I think six issues would have been a great arc and the Eisners would have been kinder to Snyder and Capullo.

Like the run, but love the first half way more. (feel that way about the Red-Green-Rot story arc too)

Not to me. Looking forward to the new Talon series. I thought it was well done though it did start to drag a bit but kicked right back up at the end. So, nice work. But honestly, is there some authority we need to alert? I had no idea people were being forced to read about them.

I enjoyed the Court of the Owls a lot, personally. Having said that, this new title isn't about the Court, it's about one guy who had a past relationship with them. I'm more than willing to give it a shot, especially given the creative team involved. I find it so irritating when people have already judged something they haven't seen yet.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Court. If I'm not mistaken however, it's not a series solely about the Court. It's about someone that essentially escaped from the Court and is looking for redemption in some form. I think it's way too early to make an educated decision on what this series is going to be.

That said, the creative team alone is worth checking out Talon. Not to mention that I loved the Court and still can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I enjoyed the Court of the Owls a lot, personally. Having said that, this new title isn't about the Court, it's about one guy who had a past relationship with them. I'm more than willing to give it a shot, especially given the creative team involved. I find it so irritating when people have already judged something they haven't seen yet.
    well i can't pull every comic that peaks my interest and right now it's either this sword of sorcery or phantom stranger to be added to my list i might end up adding this just to see if they can make a new character whose entertaining and fun to read about as well as learn the in's and outs of the court

Sword Of Sorcery i might pick up if i wanna read something fantasy related but Phantom stranger would of been a no brainer due to Raven showing up in issue one sadly the writer involved is making me worry that the title itself will fail hard
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

They outstayed their welcome more than 5 months ago.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    well i can't pull every comic that peaks my interest and right now it's either this sword of sorcery or phantom stranger to be added to my list i might end up adding this just to see if they can make a new character whose entertaining and fun to read about as well as learn the in's and outs of the court

Sword Of Sorcery i might pick up if i wanna read something fantasy related but Phantom stranger would of been a no brainer due to Raven showing up in issue one sadly the writer involved is making me worry that the title itself will fail hard
    So in other words you're complaining because you can't pick up every title you're interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    So in other words you're complaining because you can't pick up every title you're interested in.
    nobody can pick up every title they want to and this isn't a complaint about that...it's just a lot of time has been spent on the owls and I'm just not sure if an entire book focused around A Heroic Talon and his efforts to shut down the court will be entertaining
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    The same way that attempts to introduce new villains by other writers - with the exception of Morrison - have had largely lukewarm responses. Think about the large number of villains that have actually been introduced in say, the past twenty years; The only ones with any longevity are Bane, Hush, Professor Pyg and Doctor Hurt. Fans, by and large, don't like new villains in the Batman titles because often enough, writers neglect the older, favoured villains in favour of the new ones they're making.
    Personally, I couldn't care less whether Batman fights the Joker for the millionth time. Bring on the new guys.

The court not only inspired me to drop Batman, but all the bat family titles as well, as nonsensical as that sounds. The arc itself just turned me off batman as a character I have an interest in following.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Having said that, this new title isn't about the Court, it's about one guy who had a past relationship with them. I'm more than willing to give it a shot, especially given the creative team involved.
    And that in a nutshell is why I'll be trying Talon in September. On paper the premise sounds interesting to me so I'll happily give it a shot. It could turn out to be a dud of course but I won't know that unless I read it.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

BANNED

They were never interesting to begin with. Even Talon just looks like a cheap Azrael knockoff.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I didn't go out and search for every tie in issue across the Bat titles. The core story in Batman, IMO, was pretty solid for the most part. I do, however, hope the "connection" to the Wayne family turns out to be incorrect. I tend to not like things like that being thrown into stories. I think the story could have been wrapped up in one less issue for sure, but I enjoyed it well enough. Ready to see where Batman goes next.

As for the Talon series, I'll hold off and see what other posters and review articles have to say before checking it out.
    Last edited by Goggindowner; 08-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Iskow View Post
    Personally, I couldn't care less whether Batman fights the Joker for the millionth time. Bring on the new guys.
    Well, you might feel that way, but it doesn't seem to be the general consensus when you usually have a new, hot writer take on a property. Look at the number of fans who say "I'd love to see a Snyder take on 'X'" when it came to him taking over Batman or Detective Comics. There is a definite preference for the older villains.

For me, the only thing that was wrong with the court of owls was the crossover. Other than that it was a fun story to begin with for the New 52 Batman.