Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thinkt eh confusion is in the fact that the genre of game is called adventure games, but on the console side, and adventure game would be like...Legend of Zelda.
    So, pc adventure game was the old term, but you can get those games on the consoles now, so it's all a jumbeled mess of naming conventions.
    If just Lucasarts stopped focusing exclusively on Star Wars games and do something like Grim Fandango again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    If just Lucasarts stopped focusing exclusively on Star Wars games and do something like Grim Fandango again.
    I don't think they can now, they pissed all that away a while ago, and those guys seem to have all left. Now they just slap Star Wars onto everything. Like there new Star Wars games, it looks good, but it seems to be missing the only two things I want in a Star Wars games: Jedi, and Space Combat.

It's a real shame, because there was a time I really looked forward to what they were putting out.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

thoughts???

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

It would be a game with a rich story, it doesn't need to have a combat system like the other poster said.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    The problem is, while Grim Fandango was highly rated, and well received by those who played it, it was also a pretty big bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The problem is, while Grim Fandango was highly rated, and well received by those who played it, it was also a pretty big bomb.
    Well, the current game industry is going for either super-bigbudget AAAA games that need to sell multiple millions to even break even or smaller, modest games (like the Telltale games), so it could do well in the second group.