Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

nope. I feel like it was somewhere in volume 2. It's more modern looking

thanks guys... i actually ended up finding one. I had never seen that one from #182 before but the similarity is interesting. this is the one I meant:
    http://www.manwithoutfear.com/issuesIIinfo.cgi?issue=3

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    thanks guys... i actually ended up finding one. I had never seen that one from #182 before but the similarity is interesting. this is the one I meant:
    http://www.manwithoutfear.com/issuesIIinfo.cgi?issue=3
    Volume 2 slipped my mind completely. On the plus side, you can get entire lots of these issues in high-grade for less than cover and they're quite good. The Wizard 1/2 issue is a big surprise when you turn the cover.....
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    The current series by Mark Waid and Paolo Rivera, Marcos Martin, and Chris Samnee is really good and manages to edge back toward swashbuckling without ignoring the "dark periods" he's gone through. It's really great. The next issue is a standalone drawn my Mike Allred. Maybe pick it up to see if it's up your alley?
    O Hell yeah...Just discovered this myself, damn its good.
    kalorama :Take your reason and logic and begone! We don't cotton to your like 'round here!

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    He's still selling converted rice, isn't he?
    From beyond the grave!

OOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooo . . .
    Expletive Deleted

You are thinking of one of the Quesada covers from the Kevin Smith run, not the classic Miller Elektra saga:

- pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Daredevil is a character that i feel has run it's course. Everything has happened to him and it feels like there's nowhere to go.
    False

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    Give it time, Jez! Used to be, the saying was "only Uncle Ben, Bucky and Jean Grey stay dead".
    I thought it was Uncle Ben, Bucky and Jason Todd?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maurice View Post
    Oh, gosh. Is that the one where he digs up Elektra's corpse in order to convince himself that she's really dead? So wrong, but sadly necessary in an age of Marvel where DEATH was often treated as simply a "time-out."
    I forgot that. Was that before or after Miller brought her back from the dead?
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Reptisaurus! View Post
    I forgot that. Was that before or after Miller brought her back from the dead?
    It would have to be before. We're talking (at least I was) about #182, just 14 issues after her introduction, circa 1982.
    "Leviathans have tried and failed! You will not eat the true Sub-Mariner!"

Namor, Defenders #3

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Daredevil is a character that i feel has run it's course. Everything has happened to him and it feels like there's nowhere to go.
    I agree. So much tragedy, so many dead girlfriends, so much angst, so many times he has lost his job, been down and out. etc... It's almost comical at this point. Even the more lighthearted DD going on now is nothing new, just a return to his early days. I'm sure this is just setting him up for more grimdark adventures so he will have farther to fall...again.

But you could say that about most Marvel characters.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    I agree. So much tragedy, so many dead girlfriends, so much angst, so many times he has lost his job, been down and out. etc... It's almost comical at this point. Even the more lighthearted DD going on now is nothing new, just a return to his early days. I'm sure this is just setting him up for more grimdark adventures so he will have farther to fall...again.

Well, that's the problem, isn't it, with keeping these serials going for 30 or 40+ years. Mostly the writers are just repeating what's gone before, or they give up altogether and make up a bunch of random stuff that may or may not make any sense in relation to the characters involved. It's tough to come up with an interesting variation that still remains true at least to some extent to the original. And that's assuming they're even motivated to try, which they aren't always - often there are other agendas at play, especially with less popular characters. It would take something pretty special to get me to try a Daredevil or FF or Doctor Strange comic now.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post

I have to say, that after some 45 years off and on of following this character, after what was donetohim from 500 up to the four part rebirth story, really turned me off! I nearly passed onwaids effort.They turned Old hornheads life into more crap, then it had ever been turned into before. After waid 's run is over, well, I see another bad run, through I REALLY hated the fall from grace bit, with the ugly red and grey arnor, from 319 to 343.This title is either red hot, or piss warm.