Default Barry Allen and Green Arrow comics

Okay so I'm am looking for some comic books were it shows Barry and Ollie fighting. What are some good ones? Where, you know, it shows the flash and green arrow butting heads. I am really interested in their rivalry. Oh and please post some recent comics, if that isn't too much to ask. And also if it has Hal in there. I like it when Hal tries to make them buds.
    Last edited by Barry Allen123; 08-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.

None recently. The last time they really came into contact in any significant way was one of the issues of the Waid/Kitson "Brave and the Bold" mini series from the 90s.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

There was that issue during the Cry for Justice/Arsenal mess where Barry is all judgmental over Ollie killing Prometheus.

Was brave and the bold after COIE? And I didn't know Barry was in cry for justice?
    Last edited by Barry Allen123; 08-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Allen123 View Post
    Was brave and the bold after COIE? And I didn't know Barry was in cry for justice?
    Yeah, it was post COIE but it took place in the past. So it took place before Barry died in continuity, just around the GA/GL Hard Traveling Heroes days, but it has the production values of the later 90s.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Okay so I'm am looking for some comic books were it shows Barry and Ollie fighting. What are some good ones? Where, you know, it shows the flash and green arrow butting heads. I am really interested in their rivalry. Oh and please post some recent comics, if that isn't too much to ask. And also if it has Hal in there. I like it when Hal tries to make them buds.
    Honestly, that was something Johns kinda created more than anything else, much like the Hal-Batman rivalry (granted, Batman was the first to judge Hal when he became Parallax, the two were always good friends prior to that). There was a GL/Flash miniseries by Mark Waid that others have mentioned, but beyond that one issue, the two never had any significant rivalry and were usually shown to be friends. That was a Geoff-con.

Okay thanks. Sorry to change subject but was Barry in cry for justice(another comic arc I was thinking about getting). Cause if he was I would get the book just for him.

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Okay thanks. Sorry to change subject but was Barry in cry for justice(another comic arc I was thinking about getting). Cause if he was I would get the book just for him.
    Sorta`.

He was in the continuation, the whole "Fall of Green Arrow/Rise of Arsenal" nonsense.

Don`t get it, though; it`s really bad and Barry is poorly portrayed.

My advice (from an old guy) would be to just stick to pre-CoIE Barry for real fun stuff. Volume 3 is suppose to be coming out this month. http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...ronicles-vol-3

Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    Honestly, that was something Johns kinda created more than anything else, much like the Hal-Batman rivalry (granted, Batman was the first to judge Hal when he became Parallax, the two were always good friends prior to that). There was a GL/Flash miniseries by Mark Waid that others have mentioned, but beyond that one issue, the two never had any significant rivalry and were usually shown to be friends. That was a Geoff-con.
    To be fair. I don't think Geoff was the one writing the cry for justice or was that involved. However yeah Brave and Bold showcased Barry and Ollie's relationship. So I don't think it counts as a Geoff-con.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Yeah but brave and the bold didn't really matter did it? I mean it happened before COIE. So that relationship I guess doesn't exist now. Right? I might be wrong.

Yeah but brave and the bold didn't really matter did it? I mean it happened before COIE. So that relationship I guess doesn't exist now. Right? I might be wrong.
    Actually I'm talking about the post COIE book Flash/Green Lantern:Brave and the bold writen by Mark Said starring Barry Allen and Hal Jordan and had Oliver Queen, Wally West, Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, etc. It was good read( they had it in my High school Library) and I heavily recommend it.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Your Hero's Favorite Hero Jay Dogg's Avatar

The funny thing about them was that they were just as close as Ollie and Hal and Hal and Barry was pre-Crisis. Then all of that went to hell in The Fall of Green Arrow with Barry admitting he never liked nor trusted Ollie. I wanted to like that series, but just couldn't. I did enjoy some of the trial though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2978 View Post
    Actually I'm talking about the post COIE book Flash/Green Lantern:Brave and the bold writen by Mark Said starring Barry Allen and Hal Jordan and had Oliver Queen, Wally West, Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, etc. It was good read( they had it in my High school Library) and I heavily recommend it.
    yes but the story happened pre COIE right? If it did then there is no reason getting it. Since COIE rebooted and changed their characters.

yes but the story happened pre COIE right? If it did then there is no reason getting it. Since COIE rebooted and changed their characters.
    Using that arguement, there's no point buying anything from DC first published prior to August 31st, 2011.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.