Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Earth 2 be destroyed?

In the future of the DCnU, do you think that the Earth 2 universe should eventually be destroyed in some manner? DC sure has done stuff like that before when they wiped out the multiverse including the old Earth-Two.

Perhaps there can be a future crisis which leads to the destruction of Earth 2 (but not the erasing/wiping out of existence the entire 52 multiverse).
    Last edited by DCfan101; 08-02-2012 at 07:52 PM.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Maybe in the far future, but for now I hope not, it's the only Wave 2 book left on my pull list.

Not a chance. I want to see it and the new Justice Society grow and prosper. Wiping it out in some lame attempt to emulate the old Earth Two's demise in the Crisis just seems terribly pedantic. They've got a good thing growing here, they're better off nurturing it.

Is it just me, or is that strange question for a series that isn't even half a year old yet?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I certainly hope not.. I didn't particularly care for Crisis on Infinite Earths in the first place.. >.<
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Bored with Post Life Jason456701's Avatar

Gods no this title is quickly becoming one of my faves I really hope and pray DC stays away from big universe killing Crisis for at least 10 years.

The DC New 52 initiative was an act of desperation that lacked a coherent long-term plan ...

It will all be demolished in less than 2 years, and Robinson's Earth-2 Green Lantern is a copy of Stan Lee's Just Imagine Green Lantern (Len), look it up ...

Why does Flashpoint affect everything except for whatever Geoff Johns feels like retaining ...?

So yes, whether you want to see it or not, E-2 will be destroyed, in the next big event and the pre-Flashpoint DCU will be restored, and DC will put Greg Weisman, Mike Allred, and Matt Fraction in the driver's seat, hooray! A truly new golden era is upon us, brothers and sisters, hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by DCfan101 View Post
    In the future of the DCnU, do you think that the Earth 2 universe should eventually be destroyed in some manner? DC sure has done stuff like that before when they wiped out the multiverse including the old Earth-Two.

Perhaps there can be a future crisis which leads to the destruction of Earth 2 (but not the erasing/wiping out of existence the entire 52 multiverse).
    well is james robinson comic
    the chances of selfdestruccion are always high on those

but i dont think it will or should happen in this case
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

In smallville season 11, earth two has already been destroyed....but wait, that's a different earth-2....

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No, it's just a baby.

There's certainly a thought to the idea of establishing Earth 2 and its heroes, then destroying the world and migrating those characters to the Prime Earth so that once again have an integrated DCU.

I'm not sure if that's the plan, but I do see it as workable. Albeit after a couple of years of building up the Earth 2 cast.

maybe in 30 years or so when things get so convoluted that another relaunch is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DCfan101 View Post

To simply answer your question, YES! Earth 2 should blow up into little pieces. Then the old JSA can have an ongoing comic book again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Why does Flashpoint affect everything except for whatever Geoff Johns feels like retaining ...?
    Now I'd argue that since Johns worked on so much of the JSA, it's loss to him does matter too. But at the end of the day, it's what Didio will allow to live.

As for my thoughts on Earth 2, leave it in it's own universe if people want it but bring back the pre-Flashpoint DCU for Earth 1.
    Marvel fans can handle two Colossus of different orientations, so I think DC fans can as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Now I'd argue that since Johns worked on so much of the JSA, it's loss to him does matter too. But at the end of the day, it's what Didio will allow to live.

As for my thoughts on Earth 2, leave it in it's own universe if people want it but bring back the pre-Flashpoint DCU for Earth 1.
    Marvel fans can handle two Colossus of different orientations, so I think DC fans can as well.
    I know I would follow an old DCU style Earth # whatever book. Whether it be Teen Titans or JSA or Freedom Fighters whatever. They can be rebooted. They can have new styled costumes. The origin and what not can change a little. But if it stays closely to the old DCU, I'm in. For example, Superman changed some, but not a whole lot. That kind of changing I find to be acceptable. Tim Drake's new changes are a bit much to take, but it is at least still close enough for fans who are willing to compromise some to still feel OK about it. But say Alan Scott, that would be too much for me. Or say what they did with Lilith Clay, that would be way too much for me. I can compromise, and have done so quite a bit. But some times DC just asks for too much from fans.

I'd like to have an ongoing oldschool DCU team book set on a multiverse Earth with a mix of Teen Titans, JSA, Powergirl, Wally West, Donna Troy, Stephanie Brown, & other unused characters together on a new team.