Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vmenge View Post
    Seriously, way to mess this up Bendis. Peter's reaction makes no sense at all. He knows there are other worlds. Apparently Bendis didn't read last years Amazing Spider-Man Annual
    (or any other Spider-Man stories where he interacts with parallel universes or whatever for that matter)
    I must reiterate: The Bendis Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by vmenge View Post
    Seriously, way to mess this up Bendis. Peter's reaction makes no sense at all. He knows there are other worlds. Apparently Bendis didn't read last years Amazing Spider-Man Annual
    (or any other Spider-Man stories where he interacts with parallel universes or whatever for that matter)
    How many of these other universe have it where that world's spider-man was dead? And Gwen Stacey alive and well? I can't think of that many...if any where 616 Peter has been to or heard about.

And it could also be the jump just messed with Peter to the point he forgot about the other universes. Or it could be Bendis never reads what others write...
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The true question about the Bendis Effect is, is continuity irrelevant to it or does it simply erode so much of the continuity that it becomes irrelevant? Or am I thinking of the Loeb Effect?
    Oh that? That's what's called a Loebotomy.

:P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    How many of these other universe have it where that world's spider-man was dead? And Gwen Stacey alive and well? I can't think of that many...if any where 616 Peter has been to or heard about.

And it could also be the jump just messed with Peter to the point he forgot about the other universes. Or it could be Bendis never reads what others write...
    That's the answer to all our problems. Don't forget Millar advanced the timeline one full year in Ultimates 2 #1. And more recently all the stuff going on worldwide, yet we see May and Gwen living peacefully in Paris, a place less than 500 miles from the location of The City, home of the greatest threat the world faced.

I can't wait for this issue. The art is nice on the eyes
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Looks solid; great art, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Who said he gets his webs in DWF? As a matter of fact, who said he gets webs?
    I'm pretty sure that Bendis and Tom B have both said that he'll be getting them. Also, probability says that he'll be getting them in the box that May just gave him.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    It takes place after issue #12 (death of Aaron) but before #14 (web shooters). Fury throws things off but really who cares? That's minor. Miles doesn't have his shooters yet and Aaron is supposed to be dead. Bendis threw Fury in because an ultimate/616 crossover needs him. This story wouldn't be as awesome with Flumm.
    It's most likely after #14, because Gwen recognizes Miles. He could just not be using his web shooters yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Don't forget Fury's eye patch of doom.
    That's still not a real thing. I refuse to accept it. What he used in Return to Weapon X was a pair of sunglasses. What he used in Doomsday doesn't exist.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It's most likely after #14, because Gwen recognizes Miles. He could just not be using his web shooters yet.
    There would still be the art error of Iron Man wearing his movie armor, as seen in the cover for Spider-Men #5.

Quote Originally Posted by heroid View Post
    i don't mind it happening outside of continuity, since i've always tried to ignore the uu outside of usm.

Peter's reaction at seeing gwen was way too understated. Is pete on mood-altering meds?

The cover seems to show miles in some sort of distress. Maybe critically injured. Maybe peter will have to find that zodiac key to save his life. Maybe in the process he'll give may and gwen their peter parker back too. Maybe the title of the series will become ultimate comics spider-men.
    I hate when people say things like this because I know it won't happen. I really, really want it to though. On an unbelievable scale.
    Last edited by Codah; 08-02-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    There would still be the art error of Iron Man wearing his movie armor, as seen in the cover for Spider-Men #5.
    And that happens. Spider-men was started months before the armor redesign.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Bendis and Tom B have both said that he'll be getting them. Also, probability says that he'll be getting them in the box that May just gave him.
    Actually, IIRC, they haven't actually said that he'll get them but rather that they are in the comic. They've been surprisingly vague.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Pete's reaction to "Crossing over parallel universe where everyone is flying monkeys" or something is going to react to him on an emotionally different level than "crossing over to parallel universe where he's dead and Gwen Stacy is alive & at his childhood home with Aunt May."

I love the variant cover, hope I get it!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Actually, IIRC, they haven't actually said that he'll get them but rather that they are in the comic. They've been surprisingly vague.
    No, they haven't said for sure, but they've been vague enough that it essentially confirms it.

How about a universe where Peter is dating both Gwen and MJ, and Uncle Ben is alive and a dishonest asshole who scares the shit out of Aunt May? Not to nitpick, but this makes the whole scene feel less genuine to me, takes away the impact it would have if I didn't have to stop and go 'what? That makes no sense.'

Even though USM is the book that got me into comics, and Bendis is possibly my favorite writer, I'd guess he just never reads what others write :(

if Spider-men happened after Ultimate Spiderman #13, where is captain america??? he not apparead with the Ultimates in issue #3

Will Miles eventually be getting webs? Or is his lack of webs a trade-off for having fantastic stinging powers?
    Keep an eye out for Ultimate Spiderman number 14

but in Spider-men no webshooters How this is???

I hope that will not end with POOF, erased memory

if Spider-men happened after Ultimate Spiderman #13, where is captain america??? he not apparead with the Ultimates in issue #3

Will Miles eventually be getting webs? Or is his lack of webs a trade-off for having fantastic stinging powers?
    Keep an eye out for Ultimate Spiderman number 14

but in Spider-men no webshooters How this is???

I hope that will not end with POOF, erased memory