Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wiggins View Post
    Man, this is sad: Spidey's dodged point-blank automatic gunfire and taken hits from the likes of Hulk and Juggernaut and gotten back up, but here he can't avoid a slap in the face from a normal middle-aged lady, and worst still, it puts him on his ass? Pitiful, but then again I forget, this is post OMD-Spidey who can taken out by a bird, a fat guy, and a brick. And his reaction to seeing Gwen was ludicrous. He should've been in mute shock instead of rabbitting on in Bendis-speak. Ridiculous.
    I know right? He should have punched Aunt May before she even raised her hand!
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Shouldn't they have broken their limbs hitting him?
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by MorningMoon View Post
    He could always give her "Power of Love" resuscitation and then punch her down again!
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

She shouldn't have been able to touch him. In any case, he shouldn't have wanted her or Gwen to hit him in case they hurt themselves; people without enhanced strength/durability have been known to break their hands/wrists hitting him, on the rare occasions they do hit him, so he usually rolls with their blows.

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Avocating abuse, are we? The guy was in a state of shock (as last seen in the previous issue), Spider-Sense or not, he's not paying attention to his surroundings which have effectly wigged him out because he knew his alternate and young self is dead. He wasn't ready for anything they had to throw out at him.

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    Shouldn't they have broken their limbs hitting him?
    He's Spider-Man, not Superman.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Why the hell did he even go there, or let them see him? Didn't he even consider the idea that it would be extremely upsetting to May and Gwen? Seriously, Peter isn't stupid. Bendis had to make him stupid to pull of that cheap shock scene.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Has Pete never had an alternate timeline adventure or encounter before? Even if not, surely a hotshot scientist who's been with the FF shouldn't be so thrown by it all? Is that definitely our 616 Spidey? Really doesn't read like it. Gwen wouldn't have been that much older when she died either, right? Just a few years as she was in college.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post

He's Spider-Man, not Superman.
    Yes, and part of being Spider-Man means he rolls with punches to avoid fracturing bones.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies8MyDingo View Post
    Gwen wouldn't have been that much older when she died either, right? Just a few years as she was in college.
    Four to five years is big at that age. Not to mention that Peter never saw Gwen in her mid-teens before.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Has Pete never had an alternate timeline adventure or encounter before?
    Apparently, one of the effects the Ultimate Universe has on 616 visitors is that it severely skews their sense of perspective. Either that, or there's still some lingering after-effect of Mysterio's gadget on Peter.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Apparently, one of the effects the Ultimate Universe has on 616 visitors is that it severely skews their sense of perspective. Either that, or there's still some lingering after-effect of Mysterio's gadget on Peter.
    That is in fact CANON. In the Ultimate Power crossover the first 3 issues the Squadron Supreme's speech was scrambled from the jump they made from their dimension to Earth-1610. I would make sense if Peter's senses are not at their fullest because of the inter-dimensional travel.

Has Pete never had an alternate timeline adventure or encounter before? Even if not, surely a hotshot scientist who's been with the FF shouldn't be so thrown by it all? Is that definitely our 616 Spidey? Really doesn't read like it. Gwen wouldn't have been that much older when she died either, right? Just a few years as she was in college.
    Actually thats my only complaint about this. Hes been to numerous alternative universes over the years, but most recently in last years Amazing Spider-Man annual he was in a very close but not-quite verse with a different Spidey-Status Quo. So he should be a bit quicker on the uptake.

That and his dialogue seems off, "You're Gwen Stacy!" Really Peter, you use her full name? Maybe "... Gwen?" would of been more realistic? But I am nitpicking.

As for going there, Most Alternative Universes have a living Uncle Ben so he probably just wanted to go say hi! lol.

As for Gwen's age, even if she was like 21 when she died in 616, Peter has still aged, and is used to his friends and family aging to, Such as MJ. Its like seeing a picture of a girl you liked in highschool and going "damn we were young"

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post
    Avocating abuse, are we? The guy was in a state of shock (as last seen in the previous issue), Spider-Sense or not, he's not paying attention to his surroundings which have effectly wigged him out because he knew his alternate and young self is dead. He wasn't ready for anything they had to throw out at him.
    Exactly. (My post was more in joke, by the way ^^; )
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

^Oh! ...Alright.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Urgh You're Gwen Stacy- really Peter were you checking it was reallly her that you didn't mistake her for some other blond girl living with your aunt.
    I understand you dropped you're guard but you should have jumped away right after the first hit. You have a Spidey-sense you know.
    Bendis just can't help going over the top with Peter's unawareness.
    It isn't actually the first time he's stuck in an alternate dimension.
    The lack of originality will always bother me