Default Virus/intrusion attempts

I sent this to your sites webmaster but incase that email isn't checked frequently I've copied it here:

Hey I just wanted to let you know, twice now in the last few days my virus protection software has blocked an intrusion attempt that I think is coming from CRB's website. More specifically I think the intrusion attempts are coming through the advertisments embedded in your website.

The first one it blocked was one of those trojans that installs on your computer that pretends it is virus protection and asks you to pay to remove a virus. I'm not sure what the second one was, I didn't look it up specifically, it just notified me of the intrusion attempt.

Please review your sites security and policy on advertisments being displayed. I love the CBR site but I'm going to stop visiting it because it's not worth having my computer infected and the hassle of trying to clear or reload the system to correct any potential problems that ensue.

Thanks

this seems like the most recent thread...

over the past few days when i try to view preview pages in an article (like the axel in charge article on the homepage now) my avg virus thing pops up saying it blocked something. it's been happening on my laptop with firefox. hasn't happened when i'm viewing in safari or elsewhere.

just an fyi.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

I think I had a similar experience. Just now when I click to view an image on the CBR site instead of loading the image, a message appeared stating "viruses were found on your computer." I didn't see the rest because I was freaked out and clicked out of it quickly. I'm very nervous about it now.

Edit: Streator, that was the exact page I was viewing and it happened when I clicked a preview page.

Edit2: A was on another site today (a blog called Rebel Rogue) which had many links to various CBR images and without even clicking anything on the site what I assumed was a virus attempted to download itself to my computer. I can only hope that these two events are connected and I'm not already infected.
    Last edited by Umbra0118; 10-07-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was typing a reply in the Marvel comics forum and I got a message from my anti-virus saying it had blocked a trojan virus called Trojan.maljava!gen22
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A few days back I went to click one of the articles on CBR ....the ones where Cronin discusses plots that were dropped by other writers and changed. Well my google chrome blocked the page for me.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I haven't gotten that, but I've been seeing certain words containing links that I don't know where they are leading exactly. They're popping up in the Wrestling forum, but I've also had one appear in one of my posts yesterday. When I went to edit it, it disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    I haven't gotten that, but I've been seeing certain words containing links that I don't know where they are leading exactly. They're popping up in the Wrestling forum, but I've also had one appear in one of my posts yesterday. When I went to edit it, it disappeared.
    The Skimwords text links are an ad program that was added in a recent upgrade. It randomly adds text links to certain key words.