Thread: Search Question

Default Search Question

How come I can't do a general search on my user name anymore? Whether I try "cei-u," "Cei-U" or "Cei-U!," no results are returned. I can still find my own posts and the threads I've started, which is great, but I used to be able to see any post in which I was mentioned or addressed. Is there a minimum number of characters that I'm falling short of or what?

Cei-U!
    I summon the frustration!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

I'm not quite sure why searches for Cei-U are not showing any results. At first I thought it was because of the hyphen since it is non alphanumeric, but searches for Spider-man did return results. I'll do some research of vBulletin searches and see if there are any reasons or fixes.

Edit: Putting in some short hyphen words to see if they turn up in searches
    Bat-man
    How-to
    Yes-No
    Spider-man
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 08-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Interesting. X-Men does not show any results even though I know there are posts that contain it. Which makes me wonder why Spider-man is working.

I think I figured it out. It was a combination of the less than 4 character limit and the alphanumeric limit.

Spider-man worked because it the search returned results with anything with spider. X-men didn't since it was under the character limit.

Same thing happens if I search for Super-man. Results with Super turn up.

Hrm. Sounds like it's out of CBR's hands, then. Ah, well. Thanks for the research!

Cei-U!
    I summon the first time I've ever regretted my choice of user names!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me