Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

the X-Men Universe is every bit, on its own, as big as the Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    Read about this yesterday on AICN. Still good to have confirmation. My wish list for DoFP.....

- Rachel Summers.
    - Even if for just a cameo, Hugh Jackman as an, and destined to die, older Wolverine.
    - A Franklin "Scrapper" Richards cameo. Totally possible since FOX has the rights to the FF too.
    - Setting the movie's present ahead about 10 later, to about 1972 or so.
    - Kitty/Kate Pryde.
    - At least one decent Sentinel fight.

That's all. I'm not asking for panel for panel translation. As long as they get the basics right. X-Men 3, for as much as people complain, still gave us a nice glimpse (Danger Room) of what a post apocalyptic future for the X-Men could look like.
    Sorry, but f*ck Wolverine. He's in everything. Every f*cking comic book. Every f*cking movie (okay, maybe not in Spiderman or the Avengers movies but still). It's like every person who touches the X-men make Wolverine out like he's the second coming.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i wonder if the title will be X-men first class 2: Days of future past

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    Sorry, but f*ck Wolverine. He's in everything. Every f*cking comic book. Every f*cking movie (okay, maybe not in Spiderman or the Avengers movies but still). It's like every person who touches the X-men make Wolverine out like he's the second coming.
    Sooo what you're saying is... if he's in the books, he should not be in the movies?

I think you have a solid argument for success, there!

Two plus years to develop this movie? I'm good with it. Vaughn had to rush through to make First Class but still put out a pretty good comic flick. More development time = more polish.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    Would be an excellent way to have both Fassbender AND McKellen play Magneto. One for the present/past. One for the future. They sorta did something similar with the Romijn cameo in First Class.
    Yes, that would be a lot of fun. I am a little bummed they're considering this storyline for a second film as I really hoped the 2nd movie would be another period piece of wonky alternate history. As far as Wolverine, I just want Jackman to play Wolverine in a good film for more than 30 seconds.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Producer Bryan Singer confirmed rumors that the sequel to "X-Men: First Class" is based on Chris Claremont and John Byrne's classic "Days of Future Past" storyline. The follow-up is slated for a July 18, 2014 release.

Full article here.
    Please indulge the following fanboy rant:
    I know it’s pointless to wish and kinda like polishing a turd, but this is how I think they should fix and salvage the X-men since Fox won’t give up the rights.
    1.) Some villain from current X-men continuity present time travels to X-men First Class past Continuity to kill a senator, which changes the present X-men time line to a post apocalyptic setting but also results in resurrecting ProffesorX, Cyclops and Jean Grey in the process. Then after learning of this change, some present X-men follow the time traveler to the past to stop the assassination.
    2.) After the assignation is avoided in the past and X-men return to the present. Somehow Havok, Emma Frost and Beast get accidently pulled along to the present with them and get stuck. (Fixing the incorrect ages problem). And the returning X-men find that history has changed back to normal, but with slight changes. (Changes that are closer to actual X-men comic book history.)
    3.) Then for X-men 4, Bring in Taylor Kitsch as Gambit and match him with Anna Paquin as Rouge (With strength and flight now). Make young Emma from Wolverine Origins one of the Cuckoos clones of the real Emma.
    Recast Colossus and Angel as Joe Maganiello and Alex Pettyfer (respectively).
    Write Cyclops as Joss Whedon did in his X-men comics run.
    Bring in Apocalypse, Mister Sinister and Cable.
    After Wolverine is made into a horseman of Apocalypse, he wears the Wolverine mask and decides to keep it after he’s eventually cured. And maybe a more accurate Deadpool cameo.
    Yes, I need a life.

Meh, I thought Kevin Bacon was the only good part of First Class so I don't think I'll be seeing this.
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

This has all the ingredients to be absolutely awesome! It can't get here fast enough! Well, it can, but it would look rushed...so take your time and hopefully, it'll be amazing!
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by HackedLife View Post
    What's so confusing, the X-universe is by itself, about the same size of the rest of the Marvel Universe. To be frank, it really could be its own separate universe.

I wonder if they will keep the time travel stuff in. I mean, I don't see how they could really do this, and not keep the time travel part of the story. Unless its going to be very loosely based off of the DoFP story.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

I'm hoping they do pull a Star Trek style reboot, where the original continuity is still intact in an alternate universe capacity while leaving the FC franchise open to go wherever it needs to.

Be nice to see this story finally adapted, since X3 only teased it. I remember how disappointed I was to discover it was only a danger room sequence!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    What's so confusing, the X-universe is by itself, about the same size of the rest of the Marvel Universe. To be frank, it really could be its own separate universe.

I wonder if they will keep the time travel stuff in. I mean, I don't see how they could really do this, and not keep the time travel part of the story. Unless its going to be very loosely based off of the DoFP story.
    I'd say the X-universe might even be bigger than the rest of the Marvel U. It's certainly more confusing and harder to follow with all of the characters from alternate timelines and time traveling. I hope they don't get too complicated and out of control with the movies and time traveling like in the comics. The general movie going public wont be able to follow it. I'm an X-book reader and keeping all of that continuity straight can be difficult even for someone who follows the comics regularly.

What are the chances that this movie alters the continuity of the first 3, allowing them to make X-men 4 which as of last march Laura Shuler Donner said was in active development at Fox and would lead into X5. It allows them to ignore the events of the 3rd and bring back Cyclops and Jean.

i hope they´ll finally do the sentinels some justice. i was so thrilled with meeting them on screen with x3, but, omg
    how not to make a superhero-movie, just ask the rat

Jennifer Lawrence has to film Hunger Games sequels, that's probably why it's set for 2014.

Obviously it will be just loosely based on the actual comic. Kitty Pryde isn't even born yet. It'll probably have actual time-travel, rather than somebody's mind jumping back and forth. And I expect either Bishop or Cable, but hopefully not both. The last thing I want to see is the convoluted temporal future history from the comics get thrown into the movies.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex