Page 6 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 33559
  1. #76
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    I assumed Jax. But Johnny Cage sounds reasonable.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    Dominique Dawes cries of joy for Gabby

    http://msn.foxsports.com/video?video...sharepermalink


    “The barriers have long since been down but sometimes there [is] an imaginary barrier based on how one might see oneself.”
    ---asshat bob costas dripping in privilege, after noting that Gabby Douglas was the first African American woman to win the all-around in the olympics.
    I dont know about that. The gentlemen involved in my Invisible barrier..broke my arm.
    Dawes better elaborate on that statement..Before it does real damage.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

  3. #78
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    Dominique Dawes cries of joy for Gabby

    http://msn.foxsports.com/video?video...sharepermalink


    “The barriers have long since been down but sometimes there [is] an imaginary barrier based on how one might see oneself.”
    ---asshat bob costas dripping in privilege, after noting that Gabby Douglas was the first African American woman to win the all-around in the olympics.
    Never liked that guy...
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  4. #79

    Default

    I wish they'd put Animal Man and Swamp Thing in that JLA fighting game.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  5. #80
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I dont know about that. The gentlemen involved in my Invisible barrier..broke my arm.
    Dawes better elaborate on that statement..Before it does real damage.
    you do realize that there is two separate parts to my post, right? the first being the always lovely Dawes praising Gabby on fox sports and speaking on her achievements and her importance. the second is a quote from costas on nbc dismissing the very real barriers faced by non-white athletes in sports like gymnastics.

  6. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    you do realize that there is two separate parts to my post, right? the first being the always lovely Dawes praising Gabby on fox sports and speaking on her achievements and her importance. the second is a quote from costas on nbc dismissing the very real barriers faced by non-white athletes in sports like gymnastics.
    Uh no.

    I thought it was all from Dawes.

    I stand corrected.

    Im not worried about

    Bob "Dildo baggins Hobbit" Costas
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

  7. #82

    Default

    Two questions:

    1. How does eating at a fast food chain combat "the homosexual agenda"?
    2. Wouldn't it be more christlike to buy Chick-Fil-A for a local homeless shelter, instead of gorging yourself on it?

    It seems to me that all of these "christians" that are protesting through poor nutrition are actually engaged in two sins; Greed and Gluttony. So how do you combat "Sin" through "Sin"? (Okay...3 questions).

    If these folks were robots they would have just blown up thanks to that logical paradox.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  8. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Two questions:

    1. How does eating at a fast food chain combat "the homosexual agenda"?
    2. Wouldn't it be more christlike to buy Chick-Fil-A for a local homeless shelter, instead of gorging yourself on it?

    It seems to me that all of these "christians" that are protesting through poor nutrition are actually engaged in two sins; Greed and Gluttony. So how do you combat "Sin" through "Sin"? (Okay...3 questions).

    If these folks were robots they would have just blown up thanks to that logical paradox.
    1) Look at it like this-this is the first time someone voiced objection to a GLBT issue and not get trashed or lose their jobs (like Tim Hardaway) or get blacklisted (Danso Gordon). Instead the folks came out in droves to do business with the "enemy". All they are doing is giving that place a ton of money and attention that it wouldn't have gotten since there are so few of those places around. In my area there is only 1 and I can only think of 4 others in Dallas/Fort Worth area. For the most part they STAY empty once breakfast is over. This is the most I have seen them packed.

    2) When you do stuff to help others-the media don't show up.

  9. #84
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    I just stumbled upon this. Never heard of her before, but this is awesome!

    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  10. #85
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,821

    Default

    dang she's pretty greg

    who else haveyou 'stumbled' upon
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

  11. #86
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    I'm going to add Stormwatch to that list. Milligan writes a great Midnighter and Apollo and seeing their relationship develop is very fun.
    I dropped it due to horrible writing and Miligan is keeping that trend going, none of the old Wildstorm characters in this book are close to how they use to be and as far as them being completely new they fail at even being interesting let alone functioning as a team which they can't even do

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    And that is why I just don't like that poster, he's up there with another one I just can not stand to see posting even though I blocked that poster

    Also randomly

  12. #87
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    dang she's pretty greg

    who else haveyou 'stumbled' upon
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  13. #88
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    I dropped it due to horrible writing and Miligan is keeping that trend going, none of the old Wildstorm characters in this book are close to how they use to be and as far as them being completely new they fail at even being interesting let alone functioning as a team which they can't even do
    Well, we differ in opinions on the book. I never really checked out too much of the other stuff but I have read bits of Apollo and Midnighter and always dug them. But I really enjoy Milligan's work on this book and his penning of these two characters, mostly. It also seems he's hugely appreciated on this book, I'm seeing lots of praise for it, especially from the people who hated the prior issues since the relaunch.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  14. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Greg you need to add on to the required listening list. I'm trying to make it a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  15. #90
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,952

    Default

    There's been discussion on Brevoort's Formspring about Elba's role in Thor and I was gonna let it go but then I saw the comments on this one.

    http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort...03634798863329

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •