Page 5 of 2235 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Considering the person who started the crap, I'd take it with a whole salt shaker. That guy's a little touched in the head. I am surprised that he actually has such a strong opinion considering he starts multiple threads several times a week to discuss what books he should add or drop, then argues with people who are trying to help him about their advice.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 08-03-2012 at 04:50 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Considering the person who started the crap, I'd take it with a whole salt shaker. That guy's a little touched in the head. I am surprised that he actually has such a strong opinion considering he starts multiple threads several times a week to discuss what books he should add or drop, then argues with people who are trying to help him about their advice.
    Ha....I did laugh at someone doing that. I would love to see links of this.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    - Venom (only handicapped solo series at Marvel?)
    Um, Daredevil?

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Um, Daredevil?
    LOL.

tenchar.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'd be up for this! You're right, the ONLY way to send a message is vote with your money.
    My suggestions:
    - Dark Avengers (only Marvel comic with two black males on the team; as well as numerous women in IMPORTANT, powerful roles, not just wallpaper)
    - X-men (team nearly all women, lead by a black woman; with plenty of nationalities in the mix)
    - Venom (only handicapped solo series at Marvel?)
    - Astonishing X-men (1st gay wedding, TWO gay cast members, black cast member)
    - Captain Marvel (only female solo series at Marvel)
    Avengers Academy (their is zero white hetero male in the main student cast; doesn't happen often)
    X-Factor
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    This thread needs a soundtrack
    Here is my contribution so far, which I'll keep adding to. Feel free to add your own. We'll make a "MOIIC Required Listening" list when everyone starts adding stuff in : I'm sure when Captain Clarkie gets here he drop loads of tunes.

1. Hard Times - Baby Huey
    2. Giant Steps - John Coltrane
    3. Fix Up Look Sharp - Dizzee Rascal
    4. This Bitter Earth... On the Nature Of Daylight - Dinah Washington & Max Richter
    5. Microphone Fiend - Eric. B & Rakim
    6. Protect Ya Neck - Wu Tang Clan
    7. Sci-Fi Wasabi - Cibo Matto
    8. Solaar Pleure - MC Solaar
    9. DWYCK - Gang Starr
    10. Home Is Where the Hatred Is - Gil Scott Heron
    Last edited by Brandon McKinnis; 08-03-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Default Earth 2

i like the look.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I'm not surprised.

Artist allegedly made anti gay statements, got called on it, then the usual suspects jumped to his defense.

One wonders what exactly WOULD morally outrage certain comics fans.

I mean dudes were rooting AGAINST the Kirby and Simon estates in the Marvel lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I mean dudes were rooting AGAINST the Kirby and Simon estates in the Marvel lawsuits.
    I was kind of in the middle, simply because the whole definition of what was creator or company owned was blurry

today, anyone going to work for a big publisher knows that if you create something it belongs to the company
    Support your local roller derby league

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Why do black women have fake hair?#notracist just sayin
    Well, from my own studies, etc etc, if all started from a form of brain washing. During the times of slavery, white slave masters found many ways to break the spirits of black people in order to gain power over them. One of the them was using their religion against them (African religion/pre-cursor of Vodou was told to be devil worship and evil, black people were told they'd have no souls, and they were all deemed ugly). Over time, black people began to pick up on some of those traits. One huge thing again was what was counted as beautiful. Many black folks started to see their own natural hair as too wild and ugly and wanted to be "beautiful" like the people who have straight hair. Straight long hair was deemed beautiful while natural was deemed ugly. Over time, the process of adding chemicals to your hair to straighten it, putting on weave, wigs, became a part of African American culture you can say now. It's also something that has affected some work forces, as there are some people who can't get jobs because their hair seems unruly and unkept simply because it's natural, so they either need to straighten it or cut it off.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Um, Daredevil?
    Ohhhhhh... DUH! Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Avengers Academy (their is zero white hetero male in the main student cast; doesn't happen often)
    X-Factor
    Ohhhhh, yes, these also! Can't BELIEVE I forgot X-factor!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

#noracist.

Yeah right.

NBC f**K YOU!

http://www.webpronews.com/nbc-airs-r...s-gold-2012-08\

And here are the APOLOGIES.

John
    August 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm

You people see what you want. You can’t sneeze in America any more without offending someone. Sure it was poor timing and an EPIC Fail for those of you who spend time looking for racism. This whole conversation is f’n stupid. If you think a multi-billion dollar (extremely liberal) company is going to purposely air something racist then you are stupid. Take the chip off your shoulder and move on!!

Dave
    August 3, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Who are you calling “You people?”

Ben
    August 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm

all those that think the commercial aired by NBC after bob’s statement was racist are racist themselves for comparing a human to a monkey.
    woof48
    August 3, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Some people are just too eager to slip the race card into the deck whether or not it is justified. Get over it already, move on. Too many other things to fret about — like whether or not the monkey kissed another same-sex monkey at Chik-fil-A.
    chris
    August 3, 2012 at 11:55 am

Did anyone else think that Bobby boy’s comments were altogether racist? How could you take a gold medal winning performance and turn it into a commentary on race issues that are not even part of the games. Another great performance by NBC!
    Last edited by RolandJP; 08-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Dominique Dawes cries of joy for Gabby

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?video...sharepermalink

“The barriers have long since been down but sometimes there [is] an imaginary barrier based on how one might see oneself.”
    ---asshat bob costas dripping in privilege, after noting that Gabby Douglas was the first African American woman to win the all-around in the olympics.
    Last edited by 7thangel; 08-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Johnny CAGE or Jax?