Page 4 of 2234 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Glad she isnt an Avenger. because readers would swear she was forced on the team. lol
    Sadly they've decided to focus on her hair being fake, when someone of color makes it there's always gotta be a "I don't like her shoes" type bs

Everybody cut back a marvel and Dc title and add VESCELL.

Seriously.

WHo is with me..to pledge buying this title on a monthly basis?
    When the tpb comes out I'm getting it even though I get the single issues

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Why do black women have fake hair?#notracist just sayin
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

I'd also add Chew with its Asian American lead to the list with Vescell and The Sixth Gun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51sXR6qZzSL__SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	98229

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    The Big 2 could easily lose a generation of non-white developers over their practices.
    You can't lose what you don't have. With comics being MIA in nonwhite communities-those kids don't know about all this.

I work at a school and you should SEE the jaws drop when I told about Milestone. They thought white people created Static and Rocket. Most didn't know about Miles Morales or Jaime Reyes or Jason Rusch. They don't know who Black Panther or Falcon or War Machine is. Because the shows that show these guys are on Directv's basic TV package. Black Panther's DVD is HARD TO FIND-I've seen 3 copies in used book stores. The public library have it and guess which location has it? The one located in the HEART of the white community. Black trades? Outside of Static, it's Like Cage and his copy has vanished. Only BP one is the one with Storm.

This generation is lost because we can't get the stories of McDuffie, Priest and others out to them in the venues that they are at-the BETS, Vibes and so on. That's where the failure started-too many of our own people ignored Milestone. You can't trash Milestone for working with DC-if you fully understood distribution and quality control. You can't ignore 4 years of Static Shock and not discuss the victory it was for blacks.

That's why I hated the fact the NAACP and BET ignored the show and never nominated it for any awards. Yet a guy in drag, black maids ignoring their families for white girls or a woman beater can.

Let me throw these out-
    How many new readers could a black comic get if it was published in Vibe or Source?
    For those indy film guys-could it really hurt the film if they had pictures of MIlestone guys in a teen's room?
    Wannabe rappers instead of rapping about Spider-Man or Voltron-what about Static and Milestone?
    Some of us digging in those dollar bins and pulling out Milestone or any black created books to donate to school libraries?

And for 2-27-13-none of post in any thread except the Milestone/Static/Icon thread? Since that is Milestone's 20th anniversary. Each of us talks about what Milestone has meant to us. Because you never know WHO might be searching/reading/whatever and see that thread. Maybe it might be someone from Milestone who will say enough is enough we want our property back or some writers (Leimire or Simone) to pitched a Static series or whatever Wave DC is on or to finally have guts to use Milestone guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    Why do black women have fake hair?#notracist just sayin
    Black women aren't the only ones, you could argue they're the ones who let it be known the most but trust me women of all races have/will wear a wig/weave

Falls into that status of "look I'm hot and I have good hair"

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Black women aren't the only ones, you could argue they're the ones who let it be known the most but trust me women of all races have/will wear a wig/weave

Falls into that status of "look I'm hot and I have good hair"
    I know, just mocking that certain tweet community
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Otchofriend View Post
    I know, just mocking that certain tweet community
    That was the first tweet I actually saw, I'm not following the olympics but I knew it had to be a black girl when the first one was "that $%^^& has fake hair"

I'm like really, you can't congratulate or just say "yes!" you have to kick dirt

Crab in a bucket syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Heh. I know someone who actually took Nigeria and the points. (The spread was 42.)
    there is a difference between rooting against the US and outright silliness
    Support your local roller derby league

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

This thread needs a soundtrack

Elder Member

God dammit! I leave to go to work and y'all start a new thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I've been rather civil about my response to whether or not we at the BP Appreciation thread are held to a different standard than other forum members.

I want to be clear on this though, I believe we do get held to a different standard, and not an equal one. I think there are reasons, reasons I won't go over unless it's via PM because frankly, me bringing it up is against forum rules.
    Christ, it just doesn't stop, does it? The workplace, the public venues, the message boards. It almost makes me want to laugh, but it's not very funny.

Anyways, can you guys suggest some indie comics by African-Americans?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

I'm going to add Stormwatch to that list. Milligan writes a great Midnighter and Apollo and seeing their relationship develop is very fun.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Thumbs up

So lets get a top 10 list of minority/Gender/LGBT friendly titles..that are well written.
    And lets support those..no matter the publisher.
    Cut back on your other purchases and lets put our money where our mouths are.
    I'd be up for this! You're right, the ONLY way to send a message is vote with your money.
    My suggestions:
    - Dark Avengers (only Marvel comic with two black males on the team; as well as numerous women in IMPORTANT, powerful roles, not just wallpaper)
    - X-men (team nearly all women, lead by a black woman; with plenty of nationalities in the mix)
    - Venom (only handicapped solo series at Marvel?)
    - Astonishing X-men (1st gay wedding, TWO gay cast members, black cast member)
    - Captain Marvel (only female solo series at Marvel)
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    there is a difference between rooting against the US and outright silliness
    Oh, they were rooting for the US. Just not to cover the spread. 42 points would usually be a sure thing.