Page 377 of 2237 FirstFirst ... 2773273673733743753763773783793803813874274778771377 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 33553

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Maybe we should wait until we see footage of the show beyond we start hitting the exoticism button?
    For a half a second there, I read "EXOTICISM" as "EXORCISM" and was wondering what I missed this time.

As far as the other stuff goes, I'd be surprised if Ming Na WASN'T the team babe. Tho they kinda went overboard with casting for looks so its sorta hard to tell. These are some REALLY good looking secret agents.

Caulson is going to be the toughest looking dude on the show.

yeah coulson is the toughest looking
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    sure will do. can still say 1 out of 6 is bad for an international super spy organization
    True.... wat does dat say when G.I Joe is much more int'lly diverse dan SHIELD.

sure will do. can still say 1 out of 6 is bad for an international super spy organization
    I think that this might be a case of "We gave you guys black Nick Fury in the movies. so that feels up our racial diversity quota". This is one (of a few reasons) why I am against changing white characters (especially C list white characters who can't carry their own book) to non white characters. Marvel has a number of non white SHIELD and other heroic secret agent type characters that could be used in the SHIELD TV series, but they will most likely not use them because they have already met their racial diversity quota with Sam Jackson as Fury and Ming-Na.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I think that this might be a case of "We gave you guys black Nick Fury in the movies. so that feels up our racial diversity quota". This is one (of a few reasons) why I am against changing white characters (especially C list white characters who can't carry their own book) to non white characters. Marvel has a number of non white SHIELD and other heroic secret agent type characters that could be used in the SHIELD TV series, but they will most likely not use them because they have already met their racial diversity quota with Sam Jackson as Fury and Ming-Na.
    Exactly...we/SZ r also seriously against race swapping though 2 b honest 'Sam' Fury alreay existd in comix(even if its d Ultimate-verse) but Elba as a xcter in Thor?

Anyways, seems like d same racial tokenism trope ride-along...dis is were GI-Joe gets top billing over dis upcuming SHIELD anyday & seeeeriously can wait 4 a live action GI Joe tv series following d same formula dey r doing with d movies(black, arab, several females, asians, Caucasians, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Remember this?

You took that all the way back.

o

The problem with this reasoning is two fold: 1) Sam Jackson Fury doesn't count as a cast member of the show. If he does Charlie's Angels style voice bits later on he might count as a cast member then. 2) The producers didn't use a single SHIELD agent from the comics.

If they weren't gonna use Clay Quarterman and the Contessa, they weren't gonna use Gabe Jones and G.W. Bridge either.

This is part of Joss Whedon's pattern of casting tv shows: One male POC at most in the regular cast. Marvel's percieved quotas have nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.

I don't think Whendon is even using any named SHEILD agents for his tv show anyway.

Yeah GI Joe more diverse and they have the excuse of being an American Team

I don't think Whendon is even using any named SHEILD agents for his tv show anyway.

Yeah GI Joe more diverse and they have the excuse of being an American Team
    Originally created as an American team but now regarded as an international joint nations taskforce which started in d 1st GI.Joe live action movie frm a few years bak.

So as of right now...GI-Joe is an equivalent of SHIELD, just without superheroes.

Oh really then yeah a much better representation. Also most of that cast you can picture shooting firearms and running through buildings. SHEILD cast I have trouble taking most of these pretty kids seriously already.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You took that all the way back.

o
    If only this could have been a regular series.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The problem with this reasoning is two fold: 1) Sam Jackson Fury doesn't count as a cast member of the show. If he does Charlie's Angels style voice bits later on he might count as a cast member then. 2) The producers didn't use a single SHIELD agent from the comics.

If they weren't gonna use Clay Quarterman and the Contessa, they weren't gonna use Gabe Jones and G.W. Bridge either.

This is part of Joss Whedon's pattern of casting tv shows: One male POC at most in the regular cast. Marvel's percieved quotas have nothing to do with it.
    You make some very good points, and I mostly agree with you. However, I can't help feeling that POC will end up getting short change somehow in this series. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I dont remember it being so much the indie communty as much as it was folks from Milestone's alleged direct competitor, Ania.

I say "alleged competitor" because geez, those books were awful. Amateur hour in every sense of the word.
    and this was at a time when indy comics were or had been doing superhero stuff like Elementals, Justice Machine, Liberty Project, Southern Knights, Nexus, Badger and Whisper. Not to mention the Images, Valients and so forth.

Those guys needed to hone their craft before even thinking about putting out a whole line of product.

Going the Wrestling keyfabe/Rap beef route might have been a useful tactic in distracting guys from noticing that Ania's product was so bad.
    Yeah but those guys were able to contaminate the one place Milestone wasn't found-black book stores and expos. Still to this day those books can be found covered in dust at black book stores. You even still have black indy guys taking shots at Milestone.

I find this a pretty disgusting opinion on so many levels.
    Well who is pushing that roster-Wheldon, ABC or Marvel? How many ABC shows even have black males in the cast outside of Happy Endings & the show about the President's whore..I mean Scandal (since I don't bother with ABC)?

Ming-na are pretty much unknowns. If these were big names well at least one can make the case for maximizing profits. Unknowns though yeah no such luck.
    It comes down to two methods of thinking-

Casting unknowns with the hope that they will get into movies or famous and we can ax the show after season 5.
    or
    Cast unknowns that you trap into contracts that prevent them from doing other things-see Alias (with the black woman that couldn't do Malcolm in the Middle and Alias at the same time) & CSI (where some actors forfeited the right to do other network shows if they left CSI-has any ex-cast member appeared on another series?)

Agreed, Joss Whedon is primarily the culprit in this specific occasion. Well him and the casting agency, unfortunately they seem to often get the blind eye when it comes to
    things even though they control a lot on whose get chosen to play the part.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah but those guys were able to contaminate the one place Milestone wasn't found-black book stores and expos. Still to this day those books can be found covered in dust at black book stores. You even still have black indy guys taking shots at Milestone.

Well who is pushing that roster-Wheldon, ABC or Marvel? How many ABC shows even have black males in the cast outside of Happy Endings & the show about the President's whore..I mean Scandal (since I don't bother with ABC)?

It comes down to two methods of thinking-

Casting unknowns with the hope that they will get into movies or famous and we can ax the show after season 5.
    or
    Cast unknowns that you trap into contracts that prevent them from doing other things-see Alias (with the black woman that couldn't do Malcolm in the Middle and Alias at the same time) & CSI (where some actors forfeited the right to do other network shows if they left CSI-has any ex-cast member appeared on another series?)
    Actually ABC is pretty decent, not fantastic but arguably the best for regular television. You already mention two, but there is also grey's anatomy which has 4 black males (probably the most on any television show at the moment), private practice, family tools, etc. It's not fantastic mind you, but out of the 4 main stations, I do believe it has the most black males on the cast. CBS is definitely the worst for sure, even worse than fox strangely enough lol.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com