Page 376 of 2251 FirstFirst ... 2763263663723733743753763773783793803864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 33752
    BANNED

The Wahlberg movie looks really good.

Interview: Noel Clarke Talks To S&A About 'Storage 24,' Entering US Market, UK's Black Talent Drain, 'Bad Boys' UK & More...
    Interviews
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 18, 2012 5:01 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...-bad-boys-more

Gbenga Akinnagbe Headlines Jono Oliver's 'Home' (Man Suffering From Mental Illness Trying To Rebuild His Life)
    News
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 18, 2012 10:57 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...build-his-life

BET Will Air 'Roots,' 'Roots: The Next Generations,' 'Roots: The Gift' & 'Queen' Ahead Of 'Django'
    Television
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 18, 2012 3:51 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...head-of-django

Watch Full Pilot Episode Of NBC's Mid-Season Drama, 'Deception' (starring Meagan Good & Laz Alonso as leads)
    Television
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 18, 2012 5:33 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...az-alonso-star

Help Fund 'One Day I Too Go Fly' (4-Year Chronicle Of 5 African Engineering Students At MIT)
    News
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 17, 2012 10:38 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...tudents-at-mit

ONE DAY I TOO GO FLY is a feature-length documentary following 5 African students who’ve come to the United States to begin studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. These students hail from Rwanda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Our documentary will follow them through their entire undergraduate careers.

As the world’s premier technological university, MIT’s mission, ‘to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century,’ fits developing countries' need for technological expertise. For the students hailing from developing countries, MIT’s save-the-world culture seems like a match made in heaven. But, after years of transformation made to thrive in a new culture, will the students stay true to their original passions to fill labor gaps back home? On the journey to reconcile their thirst for knowledge with their love for their countries, these students will face the same challenges as their American counterparts: being away from home for the first time, making friends, falling in love, and discovering who they are.

Director/Producer, Arthur Musah, is no stranger to the world of MIT. Hailing from Ghana, Musah completed his undergraduate and graduate degrees at MIT, and went on to work for Texas Instruments. After a while spent in the technological industry, he decided to attend the University of Southern California’s Graduate Film Production Program. He’s now based in Boston, Massachusetts where he continues to film ONE DAY I TOO GO FLY. For the purposes of this film, MIT has granted him status as a Research Fellow.

Watch Forest Whitaker reunits with Chiklis In Trailer For Indie Crime Drama 'Pawn'(Common co-stars)

AMC Likes 'Low Winter Sun' - Orders Series (Ernest Dickerson, Lennie James, Aunjanue Ellis, Erika Alexander)
    Television
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 14, 2012 5:26 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...rika-alexander
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 12-24-2012 at 12:03 AM.

See One Of Michael Clarke Duncan's(RIP) Last Performances; 'In The Hive' Opens Today (New Trailer)
    News
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    December 14, 2012 3:32 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ay-new-trailer

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    In that particular case, it was more of a "sell-out" argument. In other words, the indie community felt that Milestone was an "Uncle Tom" within the industry, disregarding the overall quality of its books because it was married to DC. It wasn't Love and Rockets, to cite an important book by minority creators, and it was superhero-centric, so it must have been compromised in some way. I think we'd all kill for a quality universe like Milestone's these days.
    I dont remember it being so much the indie communty as much as it was folks from Milestone's alleged direct competitor, Ania.

I say "alleged competitor" because geez, those books were awful. Amateur hour in every sense of the word.
    and this was at a time when indy comics were or had been doing superhero stuff like Elementals, Justice Machine, Liberty Project, Southern Knights, Nexus, Badger and Whisper. Not to mention the Images, Valients and so forth.

Those guys needed to hone their craft before even thinking about putting out a whole line of product.

Going the Wrestling keyfabe/Rap beef route might have been a useful tactic in distracting guys from noticing that Ania's product was so bad.

TNT Cancels Leverage After Five Seasons: The drama says its final goodbye.
    by Roth Cornet, December 22, 2012

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...r-five-seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    The Wahlberg movie looks really good.
    It looked like fun film to watch and Bay is really only good at making 80s looking shows,films. It looked very much like it was set in 80s like Miami Vice.

Plus not even Bay can ruin fav action star like The Rock.

Wallberg is good these days too except in Max Payne.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Nashville Alum Chloe Bennet
    A woman obsessed with superheroes.
    by Roth Cornet
    December 19, 2012
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...m-chloe-bennet
    Note hw all d abv cast "main regulars" r Caucasian exception d usually White male Asian doll fetish dat is Ming-Na?
    Boo, I say to this!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-24-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Spawn...1st live-action movie with an African lead potraying a comicbuk superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I find this a pretty disgusting opinion on so many levels.
    Well a lot of white males do have such a fetish otherwise how would u explain how much better Asian Females do in representation then Asian Males.

Although personally I quite like Ming-na.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well a lot of white males do have such a fetish otherwise how would u explain how much better Asian Females do in representation then Asian Males.
    Be careful. You're treating on the edge of an "uncomfortable reality".

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Be careful. You're treating on the edge of an "uncomfortable reality".
    Lol, thank god for tumblr. I have several academic papers and anecdotal statements on this but naturally would rather not going searching for them.

Still yeah I expect SHEILD to do better then 1/6 for lead. Maybe to be fair 1/5 since Phil was a lock. Especially since all these actors besides Ming-na are pretty much unknowns. If these were big names well at least one can make the case for maximizing profits. Unknowns though yeah no such luck.

Although I suppose no surprise Black males at least in Josh shows tend to be brought in later on.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 12-24-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I find this a pretty disgusting opinion on so many levels.
    Sweet Kieran...it wasnt a direct assualt @ u but just those dat all in dat 'genre/fetish'.

Just think abt if der was 'supposed' 2 b an Asian in any form of media d odds of it being an Asian female is @ least btwn 85%-90%, den add d odds of dat Asian female getting bangd by an Caucasian male.....ta-daaa.

Not saying dat der aint exceptions but d Caucasian male asiafelia 'asian doll' fetish is waaaaaaay in d lead.

Take 4 instance:

Nikita
    ....completely surrounded by Caucasian males & d only ONLY Asian male given any feature slot was in 1 ep involving an Asian male/Caucasian female relnship was md a villain who...guess wat...was trying 2 assasinate his Caucasian wife & his Asian/Caucasian biracial child all 4 a cheap bs reason.

Y cant der b an Asian Female with a Latino guy(not d 1's dat luk like dey cum frm Netherlands.LOL!) or Native American, Indian, Arab etc?

Asian males r incredibly marginalised....do u remember d gr8 awesome movie "Warrior's Way" dat has a AM/CF relationship but most majority of reviewers & critics pretty much 'insulted' d movie based on dat relationship.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 12-24-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Maybe we should wait until we see footage of the show beyond we start hitting the exoticism button?
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

sure will do. can still say 1 out of 6 is bad for an international super spy organization