Page 374 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 2743243643703713723733743753763773783844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 33560

i haven't checked this yet but

Kunle Afolayan's Award-Winning Drama/Thriller 'The Figurine' Now Available Online For FREE
    [...]

Here's its synopsis:

While serving at a National Youth Service Corps camp, two friends find a mystical sculpture in an abandoned shrine in the forest, and one of them decides to take the artwork home. Unknown to them, the sculpture is from the Yoruba goddess Araromire which bestows seven years of good luck on anyone who encounters it, and after the seven years have expired, seven years of bad luck follow. The lives of the two friends begin to change for good, as they become successful and wealthy businessmen. However, after seven years things start to change for bad.

[...]
    here's the official link to the free showing of the movie
    http://ndani.tv/blog/the-figurine/

here's a 16 min web series premiere of series called Abandon (you may recognize a few faces. the biggest a-hole is currently in Person Of Interest who is set to be Taraji P. Henson's love interest)

Watch Episode 1 Of Keith Josef Adkins' New SciFi Series 'The Abandon'

Behind d scenes footage & innterviews of d mking of Metal Hurlant Chronicles(based on d French HeavyMetal/Metal Hurlant Comix) ep.1 "King's Crown" starring MJW & Adkins including martial arts koreografy prep by action/fight koreagrafer & fight coordinator LARNELL STOVALL(koreografd Undisputed 3, Mortal Kombat Legacy webseries, Nvr Bak down 2, Snitch(soon 2 b released staring Dwayne-d Rock-Johnson & upcuming Berndal starring Iko Uwais(lead star from d RAID movie)).

D vid is mostly in french but d scenes featuring MJW, Larnell Stovall & Adkins r in English....apparently it premierd in Oct 20-sumthing in France, has any1 seen it yet?

And uhm MJW is a bit of a control freak.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 12-23-2012 at 12:07 PM.

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    That damn Tyrese comic was awful.
    Was it any worse than Rosario Dawson's "Occult Crimes Taskforce"?
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post
    I've only skimmed through Dawson's comic but from the bits I've read, Tyrese's was AWFUL and a lot worse.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

That was not really that bad as the guy who drew it is her uncle and is a comic artist( he did the first Sunfire & Big Hero 6 mini ) and the guys at 12 Guage do comics right and don't go for the quick "just get the damn thing out since it's a celeb" route

Also I may have missed the discussion on it if it happened but did anyone get Sanford Greene's "Rotten Apple"?
    Last edited by Genki Sudo; 12-23-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    You have a great point, Overhazard. Females in comics have some ways to go (especially Females of Color), but they do have voices in the fandom that are very popular and in turn are becoming extremely influential, which can only help in the long term. There may be lessons we can learn from Sue and Jill about
    getting our voices out there and using them to
    make people more aware of the issues when it
    comes to Characters of Color of all stripes.
    The female fandom is more visible and better organized online. From Friends of Lulu to Girlwonder.org.

It also happens that as a fan turned pro herself, that community is very protective towards Ms.
    Simone (and Batgirl is sorta her baby).

The POC community really doesn't have that sort of rallying point. Kyle Baker only works on selected
    projects. Hudlin went back to his day job. Priest took the eff-this stance. McDuffie passed.

And I don't see anybody else at the big 2 giving a damn.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-23-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Also the POC Community aint exactly much of a united front in general unlike the female fandom (well at least the white section of it).
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I've only skimmed through Dawson's comic but from the bits I've read, Tyrese's was AWFUL and a lot worse.
    The funny thing is the premise was a good one. and in fact in LA/California there is an Occult crime unit. And many of their files seem like fiction when they actually happened.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Also the POC Community aint exactly much of a united front in general unlike the female fandom (well at least the white section of it).
    This thread is a positive step. And I believe some industry people read it. But I agree we could organize better..and give precise articulation to what is lacking..and more importantly how to fix the problem.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Lol, I think the Obama Campaign given his percents amongst Asians, Blacks, and Latin@s might just be us at our most united or close to it.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Dawson is so full of fineness.

I'm still trying to figure out that Tyrese comic.

That was a book done for ATTENTION-not even Tyrese could tell you what that mess was about. He would have done better pitching a book featuring Static or whoever helping him.

The POC community really doesn't have that sort of rallying point.
    I think the chance to do that passed when Milestone and other black comic companies went at each other. Milestone was asking everyone to work together but those other ones weren't hearing it.

I think we would have a rallying point if we control distribution of our product. Yes we have digital but we need to get products into real stores and not just Pookie's back car or the Big T Plaza run by the Sopranos and the cast of Grand Theft Auto IV.

That's when you need someone with a name that can get your stuff into Wal-Mart or where ever. I know Tim Reid and some others do have that type of access. They just don't do books.

You would think a rallying point would have the mistreatment of Static by DC. However most of the POC at least in the USA have no idea Static was NOT created by a white person. I still have to correct folks on that.

Then again if Static was a pants sagging, uneducated thug that wanted to be a rapper and killed anyone that he had beef with-it might be a different story.

Remember this?

We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Remember this?

I love that entire show, Townsend does not, DOES NOT get the props he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    true, it's sad and someone can correct me on this but it's like when it comes to people of color coming together ala Milestone others get the crab in a bucket syndrome and go for the "if I can't make it then you sure as hell can't you sell out"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    . Kyle Baker only works on selected projects.
    And doesn't answer to anyone.

I've love Gail's work-- followed her over to the Bendis board-- but she loves superheroes and is willing to play that game. Her fanbase-- and again, I'm part of it-- gets up in arms because their superheroes are being messed with.

Love Gail, but Kyle's an auteur... the real deal in comics.

Michael Davis is the real deal as far as commentary for POC in comics, but he's also got a real job where he deals with this every day, so I don't see him flying the flag more than he already does.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 12-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.