Page 328 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 2282783183243253263273283293303313323383784288281328 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 33560
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Hey, welcome back, Brandon!
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    a) he was murdered by his dad, who SECONDS LATER turned round and said to spare Sabertooth because "killing isn't the answer", and b) his "dream life" for his son say him as a heterosexual, doing stereotypical "normal straight guy things" like playing baseball, etc; and c) drowning in a puddle... not an ocean, or a tank... a little puddle... pretty weak-sauce.

My objections are to the execution (pun intended) of the story, not to the actual death of a character I adore.

a)considering how Wolverine has been written, that shouldn't surprise you dude. The Sabretooth thing, he'll get his but right now they're too busy having him be Kingpin East
    b)considering how you feel about that, maybe you should see where some of the other folks in this thread are coming from about certain issues related to race/gender in comics, right?

I can get where you're coming from with this, but when has Wolverine EVER been knowledgeable of Daken's sexuality? When has he ever NOT been a heteronormative character outside of X-treme X-men?

c)kind of makes me think if you can drown Daken you can drown wolvie

after Dark Angel Saga X-force has been mehhh
    I kinda agree. I had problems with that issue of the book myself. It was good but the drowning thing was kinda...i dont know how to put it. lol.

I dont remember him sparing Sabretooth. I'll have to go back and look at that.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I kinda agree. I had problems with that issue of the book myself. It was good but the drowning thing was kinda...i dont know how to put it. lol.

I dont remember him sparing Sabretooth. I'll have to go back and look at that.
    yeah the drowning thing was weird but I was kind of meh on sabretooth anyways

nice intro, kinda fizzled. He spared Sabretooth cause of Evan IIRC
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Yo, so was that Monica looking through the window in Avengers #1?

Is she the new Captain Universe? That would be fucking awesome.

Glad to see Hickman using a lot of diversity on the Avengers rescue team. I spotted Shang Chi, Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel, Sunfire, Falcon, Maybe Monica, Eden, and I'm not sure who the "T" woman is.
    It's Eden Fesi. Hickman has said he's not using Monica Rambeau. I do agree that her being Captain Universe would be cool, though.

Sunspot, not Sunfire.

"T" woman is Smasher.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    It's Eden Fesi. Hickman has said he's not using Monica Rambeau. I do agree that her being Captain Universe would be cool, though.

Sunspot, not Sunfire.

"T" woman is Smasher.
    Which is kinda funny because there is no T in Smasher.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    i said lgbt never had bad deaths like POC Characters. You just assume All I care about is black characters once again. Heck my main example was Skin who was a Hispanic Character. Also Daken counts as Both LGBT and POC. Seriously Frost, your bias is showing again.

As for the no count: 1. He is a Villain not a Hero. 2. He is both bisexual and Half Asian which means he can get counted in the crappy POC death column. I personally never said anything about how crappy I think he is. I actually like the character although I do think the x-men have way to many Asian Male Badguys and not enough Asian Male Heroes to compensate.

Northstar was actually killed 3 times in 3 different universes in the span of 1 month. All of the deaths were pretty horrible.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...nos/?hpt=us_c1

More of this shit. And it ain't even Halloween.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Northstar was actually killed 3 times in 3 different universes in the span of 1 month. All of the deaths were pretty horrible.
    I can name two of those but what was the third one?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post

"The independent college blog, Onward State, reported that the photograph in question was taken at a Mexican-themed party around Halloween. It was posted last week on Tumblr."

Which doesn't excuse it. Just that yeah, it was Halloween.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    "The independent college blog, Onward State, reported that the photograph in question was taken at a Mexican-themed party around Halloween. It was posted last week on Tumblr."

Oh ok.

Still though, not a good look.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Oh ok.

Still though, not a good look.
    Dunno, think it pretty much shows them for exactly who they are.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I can name two of those but what was the third one?
    It was in Wolverine in the 616, then the dreadful AOA anniversary issue which was really weird because I'm pretty sure he and Aurora died in the original run. And the final one was X-Men The End. I think most other LGBT characters have been treated better in terms of deaths. I think just the gay characters from X-statix and Ultimate Colossus were the only other deaths I can think off of the top of my head.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post

A bunch of dumb irresponsible college kids who hopefully out grow crap like this in time ? That is my guess. Because its the 1st taste of real freedom from home and these kids will screw up as we see. Hopefully they learn a lesson from it when punishment comes down.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    It was in Wolverine in the 616, then the dreadful AOA anniversary issue which was really weird because I'm pretty sure he and Aurora died in the original run. And the final one was X-Men The End. I think most other LGBT characters have been treated better in terms of deaths. I think just the gay characters from X-statix and Ultimate Colossus were the only other deaths I can think off of the top of my head.
    I think one of Northstar's death was in the Ultimate verse but I think much later on you find out he was actually alive (I could be wrong).

But wait... they killed Ultimate Colossus?!?!?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    I think one of Northstar's death was in the Ultimate verse but I think much later on you find out he was actually alive (I could be wrong).

But wait... they killed Ultimate Colossus?!?!?
    He's MIA. He could definitely come back.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec