Page 278 of 2231 FirstFirst ... 1782282682742752762772782792802812822883283787781278 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 33454

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    What is even funnier to me is that if this were the Marvel of the 90's we aren't even having this conversation.
    War Machine, Deathlok, Nightwatch, Night Thrasher all had ongoing solos and Synch and Skinn prominently featured in Generation X.

So it is more like they used to sell Strawberry Ice Cream now they stopped selling it but they still want you to be continue to be a customer despite
    them not having what you want anymore and them not trying to get it in stock either.
    Quoted because I have been saying this for the last 11 years. Ever since the Quesada/Jemas regime Marvel has opened season on many of their non white minority characters and either killed,maimed,depowered,turned evil,or tossed into limbo numerous non white minority characters. On the flip side, they have no problem pimping minority characters if it gets them positive attention from the mainstream news media.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I didn't know you were a Mod and I thought you were addressing me with your earlier comment.

Apologies for the confusion.
    No worries, man, it was a reasonable question

And my post get's deleted again, one would think the mod who keeps doing this would at least pm me to talk about it instead of just going on a huffy deletion spree but I guess not

So Im going back to school. And taking Business and Law courses. And I was referred to something that possibly speaks to why minority comics sale lower.

There is a negative stereotype that minority products are inferior to their non-minority counterparts. one of my professors conducted a study in which a product was to have been manufactured by a minority and a non-minority. And 78% of consumers called the minority product low quality when they were exactly the same product.

its a subconscious perception problem.

Advertisers are now trying to compensate or better understand the bias.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 11-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    And my post get's deleted again, one would think the mod who keeps doing this would at least pm me to talk about it instead of just going on a huffy deletion spree but I guess not
    be careful bro no pm that's when the ban hammer comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    So Im going back to school. And taking Business and Law courses. And I was referred to something that possibly speaks to why minority comics sale lower.

There is a negative stereotype that minority products are inferior to their non-minority counterparts. one of my professors conducted a study in which a product was to have been manufactured by a minority and a non-minority. And 78% of consumers called the minority product low quality when they were exactly the same product.

Yeah that is one of the main things people try to use against Milestone in that the art was subpar when they don't know that some of their fav artist/writers got their start through Milestone, the same DC fans who touch themselves at the thought of J.H. Williams doing a book would probably have their minds blown to know he got his start there. I saw this happen with Olivier Coipel where a guy loved his art but as soon as he found out he was black he suddenly had problems with him and no longer viewed his art as "awesome" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    be careful bro no pm that's when the ban hammer comes down.
    It was my understanding from GH that when that happens you would get a PM warning and then another PM explaining the whys and for how long

Guess no two mods are alike and the unspoken double standards rule strikes again

It was my understanding from GH that when that happens you would get a PM warning and then another PM explaining the whys and for how long

Guess no two mods are alike and the unspoken double standards rule strikes again
    yeah when i got banned I got no warning. So i think its a guideline not a rule.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

There are no strict rules on how mods give out warnings.

We leave it up to the individual mod on how to handle most things on their boards when it comes to warnings. Some do it via posts, some do it via PM and some to it with both.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post

and one not easily fixed
    Support your local roller derby league

One would think the reverse is also true. After all, the mod who keeps doing this has an open inbox. As Brandon has kindly explained there is no requirement as to how a given board is moderated. I deleted a few problematic posts and talked about them openly. Your justification or defence was just as problematic and I deleted it. QED.

Given how the Tony Harris thread is going I've noticed over his comments there's a few posters saying how they'll never buy a book from him again and are largely going unchallenged but here when others say they're not buying a comic based on reasons of lack of diversity/etc and suddenly you are being narrow minded and etc.
    Do you have a link to the Tony Harris thread?

Harris makes a sexist statement and folks gather to support but others do borderline to blatant racist things and don't even get so much as a peep, I might be wrong and think that not a lot of fandom know about the group of racist people who have/had positions of power at Marvel/DC and have kept people of color out of jobs as well as blocking/destroying the use of characters of color. I wonder if those people were to be outed how many fans would we see start posting that they'd never buy a book from that person if like the mentioned Harris if a personal transgression had been made public( other then the folks who post here )?
    Quoted for the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    One would think the reverse is also true. After all, the mod who keeps doing this has an open inbox. As Brandon has kindly explained there is no requirement as to how a given board is moderated. I deleted a few problematic posts and talked about them openly. Your justification or defence was just as problematic and I deleted it. QED.
    Except in my post I explained what I said in relation to the question that was asked, there was no defiance or anything else on my end all I see is that coming from the mod in question

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    There are no strict rules on how mods give out warnings.

We leave it up to the individual mod on how to handle most things on their boards when it comes to warnings. Some do it via posts, some do it via PM and some to it with both.
    Noted, thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Do you have a link to the Tony Harris thread?
    You may or may not have found it by now but
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-on-real-geeks

Yeah that is one of the main things people try to use against Milestone in that the art was subpar when they don't know that some of their fav artist/writers got their start through Milestone, the same DC fans who touch themselves at the thought of J.H. Williams doing a book would probably have their minds blown to know he got his start there. I saw this happen with Olivier Coipel where a guy loved his art but as soon as he found out he was black he suddenly had problems with him and no longer viewed his art as "awesome" anymore
    The idea that the Milestone's art was subpar is just crazy ignorance (Cowan, Bright, JP Leon, Tommy Lee Edwards, CrissCross, Ho Che Anderson, not to mention the coloring?!?!?!?!), but I could see people not recognizing JH Williams' art from Deathwish. It looked very much inline with a Kelley Jones/Kyle Hotz style (probably not helped by Jimmy Palmiotti's slick inks), and nothing at all like the stuff he was doing as the '90s progressed, let alone his current work. It doesn't even hint at the artist he would become. The story is very strong, but I have to confess that I had trouble getting through it because of the art at points. Very much a formative work, and I'm glad he went in another direction as his skills developed.