Page 883 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 38378383387387988088188288388488588688789393398313831883 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 33526

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Pressman View Post
    Alex Cross is a terrible film. Just. Awful.

I can't ever get back those 90 minutes of my life. Tyler Perry needs to stick with what he knows. Clubbing intelligent women upside the head with broken Aesops about how being educated and career-minded won't get you anywhere in life if you don't marry a light-skinned mechanic.
    Ok, we gotta be at least somewhat fair about this. All Tyler Perry did with this film was star in it. He didn't direct nor write it. He doesn't even have a producer credit.

It's not "Tyler Perry's Alex Cross" it's just "Alex Cross".

The director, screenwriter, and producers deserve way more blame for that film being horrible than Tyler Perry. If you replaced Tyler Perry with Idris Elba in that role the film would still have been a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Ok, we gotta be at least somewhat fair about this. All Tyler Perry did with this film was star in it. He didn't direct nor write it. He doesn't even have a producer credit.

The director, screenwriter, and producers deserve way more blame for that film being horrible than Tyler Perry. If you replaced Tyler Perry with Idris Elba in that role the film would still have been a piece of crap.
    or just have Morgan Freeman reprise the role he can still act. He made the role in the first place

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post

Man, he just sucked in the title performance. Dude can't act. No talent. Sounds 'hollow' in his delivery. Like a man reciting lines, instead of a performer inhabiting a character.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    So which upcming tv shoz will u b watching?

1- Brooklyn 9-9
    2- Sleepy Hollow
    3- Crisis
    4- Resurrection
    5- Gang Relatd
    6- Devious Maids
    7- Ironside
    1-Brooklyn 9-9 might be funny. I'll try it once to see if it is. Samberg's alright and I'm a fan of Brauer.
    2-This sounds goofy, but I'll give it a shot.
    3-If I watch this its because of Gillian Anderson or because i'm REALLY bored. Pass
    4-This looks really good. I hope it delivers.
    5-Maybe wiith a better cast this might be ok. As it is, pass.
    6- I didn't wach Desperate Housewives and I'm not watching this. But then again, I don't have Lifetime anyway.
    7- This could go either way. Cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    As popular and as attaractive as Eva Mendes and Rosario Dawson are you barely see them in movies now.
    Even tho they both have done well received dramas and Rom coms.

M. Rodriguez has positioned herself as action girl and wants no part of traditional chick roles, and even then if it wasn't for Fast and Furious movies and
    Robert Rodriguez stuff she wouldn't have a career to speak of.

And these ladies have followings.

If Hollywood can't find room at the table for them, what does that tell you?

Meanwhile, Heather Graham (who I love) continues to get work.
    Maybe I'm just watching the right movies, but I see Mendes a lot more than I see Graham. Just saw her in the Place Beyond the Pines in fact. Going by their IMDB pages, it looks like all of them work pretty steadily.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Maybe I'm just watching the right movies, but I see Mendes a lot more than I see Graham. Just saw her in the Place Beyond the Pines in fact. Going by their IMDB pages, it looks like all of them work pretty steadily.
    Heather Graham's had a big drop off in visibility. The last two major films I recall seeing her in was some kid's flick about a "Not bummer summer" and the first Hangover. She never really was big star to begin with, though. Maybe slightly more popular than Christina Ricci, but never reaching the level Alicia Silverstone got to before her own drop off. Not a franchise performer.
    He isn't smiling.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Wow, I just saw a very clearly racist scene in Defiance.

I mean, really blatant. There's another "action chick based around rape" too, which doesn't help either.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post

I mean, really blatant. There's another "action chick based around rape" too, which doesn't help either.
    I know just which scene u are talking about.

Although in the action chick case it was more built around mental rape.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

the SyFy tv show?

Dude, three hundred thousand people have been killed or wounded because of gun related violence, since 2001!

I feel like one of those middle-class kids from a 90's sitcom doing "a very special episode." I had no idea we had our own invisible sierra leone thing going on! Those numbers are crazy.
    He isn't smiling.

Dude, three hundred thousand people have been killed or wounded because of gun related violence, since 2001!

I feel like one of those middle-class kids from a 90's sitcom doing "a very special episode." I had no idea we had our own invisible sierra leone thing going on! Those numbers are crazy.
    your talking just in the U.S. right?

It's been well documented for several years that the USA gun deaths are far more frequent than other countries

Bought Walter Mosley's latest Easy Rawlins book yesterday and finished it today. He was supposedly done with the character in the last book (came out in 2007) and pretty much killed him off. Luckily he changed his mind Now I gotta go break out the old Devil In A Blue Dress dvd...
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Alex Cross is a terrible film. Just. Awful.

I can't ever get back those 90 minutes of my life. Tyler Perry needs to stick with what he knows. Clubbing intelligent women upside the head with broken Aesops about how being educated and career-minded won't get you anywhere in life if you don't marry a light-skinned mechanic.
    You couldn't tell by the trailer? Shame, shame, shame

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    or just have Morgan Freeman reprise the role he can still act. He made the role in the first place
    Well the character is from a book series, and Freeman was too old when he played him the first time. But yeah of course Freeman would be preferable to Tyler Perry. Hell, Urkel would be preferable to Tyler Perry...
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

We had something like 500 gun deaths in Chicago alone last year.

I mean, really blatant.
    That is why I am finishing my novel. new cover here. Turning the tables on institutionalized racism. And my #1 pet peeve against Scifi..Why are HUMANS always on top of the food chain when it comes to encounters with alien life forms. SEE: Star Trek. Star Wars. etc.

Enough self promotion. On to the next.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 05-16-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"