Page 486 of 2230 FirstFirst ... 3864364764824834844854864874884894904965365869861486 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 33441
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    And the guy can belt out a tune... have you ever heard his duet with Gladys Knight, "I wanna be loved"? it's on her album "At Last" from 2001.
    Couldn't find it, but it led me to a whole bunch of clips of him singing. I didn't think he could get hotter... and yet, here we are!

SIDE NOTE: Gladys Knight's "Surrender" was the better Tomorrow Never Dies song!

God, I love him!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    EPIC!!!!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-13-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Senator BArney Frank was a Klan member.
    You sure you aren't thinking of someone else?
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    You sure you aren't thinking of someone else?
    I'm pretty sure he meant Robert Byrd.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant Robert Byrd.
    OOps had West virgini-itis. My bad..yeah him Byrd.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

a) Okay, firstly LOVE your avatar! Grace Jones is my third favourite Bond villain after Baron Samedi and Xena Onatop (and she had the weakest film to be awesome in... so kudos too her)
    b) in general, I think the reaction would have been far more sedate by all if the team had BEGUN with an LGBT couple and a latina woman. As far as I can tell it's no so much the team lacks a straight black male, it's that the team is now without the straight black male it original started with. I 100% agree, it's still uber diverse, and the debates that labelled it as "no longer diverse" were idiotic. And we ALL should still praise it's diversity. But I do, in my milder moments, understand it's not from a lack for support (in most cases), the annoyance comes from the feeling of being excluded (as in no-longer included when once a straight black male was). If that makes sense?
    Thanks, Grace Jones is horribly underrated as a singer, performer, and model, and she changed the game in alot of ways, and Mayday was a badass.

I agree with everything you wrote and Its good that you can evaluate your reactions to these things, everyone wants a place at the table so I understand that passions overtake the situation.

As much as Im excited for Man of Steel, this is looking better and better.

I'm sorry...that's just...that's...beyond epic.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E. Barnes View Post
    Thanks, Grace Jones is horribly underrated as a singer, performer, and model, and she changed the game in alot of ways, and Mayday was a badass.

I agree with everything you wrote and Its good that you can evaluate your reactions to these things, everyone wants a place at the table so I understand that passions overtake the situation.
    Grace Jones, her schtick contains so much "awesome" that even her watered down imitator Lady Gaga doesn't even come CLOSE to getting it right. She's "The Lucci" to Grace's "Gucci."
    Last edited by Booshman; 02-13-2013 at 10:10 AM.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

So... Don Cheadle is a villain? Huh.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Isn't Mandrin the villain? Besides, I've heard that it's just a paint job on War Machine's armor, not that he's the Iron Patriot. Since that was Norman. Marvel isn't that foolish where they'd introduce such a well known hero in a re-imagining, and essentially ruin him/her by making them a villain.

Oh crap...Rhodey's doomed.
    Last edited by Booshman; 02-13-2013 at 11:52 AM.

DC--smh. OSC will never see any of my money. It's crazy people are defending this dude. But I guess expected.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Hopefully not. They should stick to Mandrin.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

It looks like Marvel has decided to give Rhodey the Iron Patriot name and look, while keeping him a hero. It's not unusual for a non-A-list name like that to be swapped around. Hell, Baron Zemo's first moniker was Phoenix.

Ooh, better example: Luke Cage was named Power Man, even though the first Power Man was a villain. (And he later beat that first Power Man's ass.)

And of course, very few of the people who see the movie will even know that Norman Osborn once called himself Iron Patriot.
    Last edited by Michael P; 02-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

I believe Rhodey in this movie is basically a propaganda tool for the military who remember aren't fond of Tony since the first movie and since the second one have been thrilled they have the War Machine armor and Rhodey, add in Mandarin attacking american soil and boom start printing posters of Rhodey in that Iron Patriot armor saying he wants you to join the military

D.C IS ON D ROLL....only non- Caucasian Golden Globe winner recently, HoL has already been renewd 4 a 3rd season & he gets 2 b mean as War Machine.

Y doesnt WM/Rhodey hv an ongoing....Greg Pak's run was damn gr8.

Gr8 wk of comix 4 us...Hoax Hunters #7, Stormdogs #3, Uncanny Xmen #1, America's got talent #5, Django Unchaind #2, Threshold #2, Ravagers #9, Highways #2, SUPURBIA #4, Katana #1, Avengers Assemble #12, Executive Assistant assasins #7(trying out), Scarlet Spider #14.

Wat abt y'all?