Page 443 of 2244 FirstFirst ... 3433934334394404414424434444454464474534935439431443 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 33655
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an angry space man View Post
    I like Storm and Panther together but marriage was never a great idea anyway. I knew it was going to end after Hudlin left anyway. Dwayne McDuffie seemed to be the only one to come near giving both characters equal billing. Every other time they were together, it seemed to me that one was the supporting character in the other's story. I get why people liked the marriage and why they're upset with the aftermath. And yeah, the marriage could have worked if Marvel or their writers really wanted it to, but they didn't.
    It was a quickly thrown together clusterfuck with no real long term planning. Hence why it failed. There wasn't a long term future planned for it.

And it seems like Marvel and DC for a new era of fans are tossing marriages to the side anyhow. The past few years we have seen :

Peter Parker's marriage end and it never happened. (Its hinted in ASM they will eventually marry but not now and they are an on again/off again situation.

Clark Kent / Lois Lane - This too was recently ended with Superman maybe having a past relationship with Lois or not at all. He currently is dating Wonder Woman.

Barry Allen - Allen had his marriage to Iris ended after FP , the 2 were once in a relationship and it didn't last.

Oliver Queen - Was married to Dinah , it before FP was ended when she filed for annulment . Then in post FP , the 2 never were a couple.

So its not like this is a Marvel hating Black Panther/Storm situation. Its more of the current era where the companies are not tying the characters down into marriages and letting people in at the ground floor of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Can we dead the retoric about how "if only it had been done differenly"?

Xfans seem to virulently hate any hint of the outside Marvel universe entering their books.

And that is before you even get to the line wide purge of cool male poc characters or the way no Xcharacter other than the seldom seen Sabra and Sunfire get to have any sense of ethnic identity.

So l'm not seeing an x-office friendly way forward.

Which is/was fine by me as all that stuff above is what I hate about the Xbooks.
    That is the thing , if your taking X-Character A from them and saying ...we got this...we don't need your help. Well its on the other editors to use that character to its full potential. When they took Storm , they should have put her and Panther in Avengers. They didn't. That was their fuck up. Coming later and saying...oh you can have her back and do us a solid and write the marriage now. I'm sure the X-Office guys who got the character back and if there was change in that office , they didn't care for it.

It was a rushed situation that had no real long term planning behind it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Xfans seem to virulently hate any hint of the outside Marvel universe entering their books.

And that is before you even get to the line wide purge of cool male poc characters or the way no Xcharacter other than the seldom seen Sabra and Sunfire get to have any sense of ethnic identity.

Which is/was fine by me as all that stuff above is what I hate about the Xbooks.
    It's like a twisted parody those X-men---and Storm is stuck in it.

The nonsensical "if only it had been done differenly" foolishness will need to be applied to this current status quo, that's actually more rushed and forced-- with a pretty disturbing underlying message--that these people either straight up know or are just oblivious or indifferent.

Popular fiction exerts a strong influence on how kids, adolescents, think and theses sort of images matter. I don't see how the way they handled this helps Storm with the demographic that she actually needs support from. I personally don't see aware PoC dressing their daughters up as Storm -- with the sexual objectification of her character and the sub-textual-underlying message here to impress and cater to a certain majority demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    I get what you're saying and it's one of the many reasons why X-Comics are pretty much persona-non-grata with me. At the same time, don't you think it's time that they actually decide to enter the 21st Century or be mocked like their fools they are? Why should what happened in that comic be acceptable on any objective standard?
    It shouldn't. I agree. Mock them like fools until they get it. Everyone that I have told this story is like wow-- and now are looking at Marvel with a side eye. I don't think accepting it-- accepting these themes are ok at all. But I think Vega just doesn't care and he's fed up--like a lot of folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I was going to respond to Angry Space man's initial post on this subject but you've done an excellent job of refuting the junk he was pushing in said post.

Thanks for dropping that solid science bro.
    Sure thing. I don't understand to need to write off or excuse something that's pretty standard across different genre of media. The examples I gave are not only not refutabl, but thematically-- T'challa's role was pretty much indisputable. Going by what actually took place in the story.

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one with x-burnout. I mean Wood's book sounds interesting, and I probably will read it, but I think the problem with the X books isn't that they're too many of them, but the same characters get used over and over again. It feels so blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Sure thing. I don't understand to need to write off or excuse something that's pretty standard across different genre of media. The examples I gave are not only not refutabl, but thematically-- T'challa's role was pretty much indisputable. Going by what actually took place in the story.
    Amen to that
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Which X-fans? If you're talking about the cesspool that is CBR's X-Forum, that does not represent all X-fans just like the posters on this forum don't represent all BP fans.

Personally, I feel the Morrison run was overrated and all the stuff in x-books since him and Claremont left up until Schism was crap. The main power we have as consumers is whether to buy a product or not. Ranting on a message board isn't going to fix the problem. Breevoot and Lowe are indifferent to it as are probably most of Marvel's current writers. Try submitting your concerns to Axel Alonso on the AXel-in charge column.

But what is the solution to your problem? Are all of the minority characters in x-books dead to you now? Will T'Challa be dead to you if he hooks up with Black Swan or doesn't succeed in killing Namor?

I don't read comics for positive role models (not that anything is wrong with that). I read to follow the lives and adventures of the characters that I like. The stories featuring T'Challa and Storm look to me to be better this year than the ones of the previous few years.

You guys are entitled to your opinion but as a Black Panther fan I get tired of all the doom and gloom over his status in the Marvel U.

It shouldn't. I agree. Mock them like fools until they get it. Everyone that I have told this story is like wow-- and now are looking at Marvel with a side eye. I don't think accepting it-- accepting these themare ok at all. But I think Vega just doesn't care and he's fed up--like a lot of folk.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about being proved right about the Xoffice and its peculiar concerns.

It took them all of one issue for them to go the route they are taking.

Two if you don't count the issue where she's chained up on the cover.

It's not even subtle now.

Funny (to me anyways), but not subtle.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well I know for one thing...All New X-Men restored my faith in some of what Bendis could do. Hopefully it stays as good.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Announcement: Fearless Defenders Q & A

I know there are a few Misty Knight fans (Marv!) here and some excitement for the butt-kicking female series FEARLESS DEFENDERS coming out next month. Series writer Cullen Bunn has agreed to do a Q & A thread for us over on the Marvel Forum, similar to the Hickman one before Avengers/NA launched. This should be an awesome opportunity to interact with one of the pros, a writer that has definitely crafted some strong female leads. Set to go on Thursday 1/31.

Update: Series artist Will Sliney is joining in on the fun. His Misty rocks!
    Dats awesome...we'll b der.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well I know for one thing...All New X-Men restored my faith in some of what Bendis could do. Hopefully it stays as good.
    Agreed...same here, well @ least 4 most of us/SZ while other hv just completely given up on X-buks.

It shouldn't. I agree. Mock them like fools until they get it. Everyone that I have told this story is like wow-- and now are looking at Marvel with a side eye. I don't think accepting it-- accepting these themes are ok at all. But I think Vega just doesn't care and he's fed up--like a lot of folk.
    The bolded and highlighted parts of Victor Freeman's post is a major key to turning the tables on the current agenda that's being pushed by Marvel.

Getting the word out to people that actually have pull on a national level to build awareness.

Because you can trust that Marvel and their parent company Disney would soon start taking notice if they started getting adverse publicity based on perceived discriminatory practices.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about being proved right about the Xoffice and its peculiar concerns.

It took them all of one issue for them to go the route they are taking.

Two if you don't count the issue where she's chained up on the cover.

It's not even subtle now.

Funny (to me anyways), but not subtle.

Agreeing with you so much on this.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    but I think the problem with the X books isn't that they're too many of them, but the same characters get used over and over again. It feels so blah.
    The problem with the X-books is that there are too many damn X-books featuring the same damn over exposed X-characters who also happen to be appearing often (or regularly) in other non X-books.