Page 434 of 2244 FirstFirst ... 3343844244304314324334344354364374384444845349341434 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 33655

I'm over Tekken after TTT2 was a mild let down. Mortal Kombat 2 (11) is what I'm hoping people start working on.

Also, on a marginally related note, any of you guys pick up Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch this week?
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    I'm following it. I like the last issue the best. It's starting to remind me of Darkness over at Top Cow (where Hine is killing it). I wasn't too into the first two issues but this past issue won me over. I find it funny because I noticed there's people who didn't like this issue but loved the first two. I'm not too enthralled with this book but it's an overall decent book and I need my Vodou lore in comics fix. It's so far better than Vertigo's Voodoo Child which I gave up on. I'm really curious if we'll be seeing some Loas, though. That's one reason for my investments. I like seeing different interpretations and stories of Vodou gods.
    Yeah, I think it might be too close to being a superhero book at this point and not delving into the mystical/Loas aspect. Hopefully it changes soon. I don't know much about Loas or Vodou but I wanted to try something different and I did like the last one. But honestly they need to get rid of Mr Twist and get straight to Master Darque.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Glad I could put a smile on your face brotha Greg, but when you come to think about it, the slave masters and the overseers went out of their way to stifle communication amongst the African men and women they stole out've Africa and carted away in chains of bondage and servitude.

They did everything to beat the original languages out of the sons and daughters of the Motherland and in so doing, planted the seeds for the divisions we find amongst ourselves to this very day.

The slaves had to create new ways to communicate and keep their traditions alive.

Some did this through passing history down through rich spoken word traditions whilst others kept the worship of older gods alive through Vodoun.

When you take all this into consideration my likening the PM route to Sista Harriet Tubmans Underground Rail Road takes on a whole nother' level significance when juxtaposed against the closure of a certain discussion thread.

I hope I haven't depressed you too much.
    Dude, you're not depressing anybody here. Keep doing what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Dude, you're not depressing anybody here. Keep doing what you do.
    Lol!

Thanks my brotha.

It's always a pleasure to hear from you.
    Brother Chaos Bringer

Professional TROLL killer

Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

naw Brandon, what's White Witch about?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Glad I could put a smile on your face brotha Greg, but when you come to think about it, the slave masters and the overseers went out of their way to stifle communication amongst the African men and women they stole out've Africa and carted away in chains of bondage and servitude.

They did everything to beat the original languages out of the sons and daughters of the Motherland and in so doing, planted the seeds for the divisions we find amongst ourselves to this very day.

The slaves had to create new ways to communicate and keep their traditions alive.

Some did this through passing history down through rich spoken word traditions whilst others kept the worship of older gods alive through Vodoun.

When you take all this into consideration my likening the PM route to Sista Harriet Tubmans Underground Rail Road takes on a whole nother' level significance when juxtaposed against the closure of a certain discussion thread.

I hope I haven't depressed you too much.
    Who you depressing? Not me. I love reading your posts. I may be one of the "positive" posters and I tend to sit in the background, but I generally feel your frustrations with a lot of things. Even some stuff I don't agree with, I still respect your voice and enjoy your posts.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Lol!

Thanks my brotha.

It's always a pleasure to hear from you.
    Bro, ever since I've known you, you speak with passion and you back it with fact. So I'm going to ask a favor of you. Don't stop posting on these boards and be the dude you've always been. Anything less is unacceptable. And you'd better have your ass over in the BP thread when it opens up again.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Bro, ever since I've known you, you speak with passion and you back it with fact. So I'm going to ask a favor of you. Don't stop posting on these boards and be the dude you've always been. Anything less is unacceptable. And you'd better have your ass over in the BP thread when it opens up again.
    Co signed fo sho!!

New comic a buddy of mine has out: http://charlie-fab.deviantart.com/ar...-NOW-350278429

Throw some cash his way instead of the big two for once!
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Yeah, I think it might be too close to being a superhero book at this point and not delving into the mystical/Loas aspect. Hopefully it changes soon. I don't know much about Loas or Vodou but I wanted to try something different and I did like the last one. But honestly they need to get rid of Mr Twist and get straight to Master Darque.
    Which volume of Shadowman did you read? The original Valiant or the Acclaimed version? I'm a bigger fan of the Acclaimed version. It was darker, moodier, and felt more like a mature horror book. The original was very more so superhero-ish. Also, the first arc of the last volume was Garth Ennis and freakin Ashley Wood!

I really need an artist (and some damn money to do it) to get my Jeremy Tableau character out there. I really want to present some Caribbean/African-American folklore and characters to the comicdom.

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Which volume of Shadowman did you read? The original Valiant or the Acclaimed version? I'm a bigger fan of the Acclaimed version. It was darker, moodier, and felt more like a mature horror book. The original was very more so superhero-ish. Also, the first arc of the last volume was Garth Ennis and freakin Ashley Wood!

I really need an artist (and some damn money to do it) to get my Jeremy Tableau character out there. I really want to present some Caribbean/African-American folklore and characters to the comicdom.
    Sorry, I meant the original Valiant run. I did get a few issues of the Acclaim version but had to stop when I dropped out of comics for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    *lifetime music playing in the background*

like in that family guy episode
    WEEEH WEEEH WAAAH

I remember in Tekken Tag Tournament that my brother and I wondered why Tiger Jackson was on one side of the selection screen and eddy was on the other

like they were alternate identities.
    I do like Raven/SimonPhoenix/WesleySnipes in a Tekken game
    They were alternate identities.

If you hit a certain button (I don't remember which one now) when selecting Eddy you got Tiger.

I'm not sure if he was the cheapest Tenkken character, either. That might have been Baek.

Really reeeeeeaaaaaaaalllly REALLY missing d BP thread already...gr8 gdness it feels pretty damn close 2 military sykological torture.

Anyways trying real hard 2 cheer each other up.

Got Your Goat? Looking Back @ Now-Digital QUANTUM & WOODY
    By Zack Smith, Newsarama Contributor
    posted: 22 January 2013 11:03 am ET
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-t...tum-Woody.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    I'm over Tekken after TTT2 was a mild let down. Mortal Kombat 2 (11) is what I'm hoping people start working on.

Also, on a marginally related note, any of you guys pick up Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch this week?
    I loved the last MK game. Do wish they had a few more Black characters, though. Jax is rather dull for my taste. Stryker was bad ass in the last game.

What's Ni No Kuni? Educate us.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    New comic a buddy of mine has out: http://charlie-fab.deviantart.com/ar...-NOW-350278429

Throw some cash his way instead of the big two for once!
    Nice! Good luck to your friend!

Free Umbra!