Page 392 of 2237 FirstFirst ... 2923423823883893903913923933943953964024424928921392 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 33541
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Ugh. That reminds me of when I was dating this Cuban chick for about a year or so, who didn't mention me to her family (Red Flag right there, I know) but swore up and down that her Cuban relatives weren't racist. Because they accepted their sons dating black women. Then when I met her family at a summer BBQ, I swear I heard a loud, freakin' sitcom-esque, record skip, as everyone in the backyard froze dead in their tracks with a "deer in headlights" gaze. That was the day I discovered the double standard with black and non-black minority dating.
    My girlfriend gets that from her parents; don't date black guys.

The same from my parents: all other women are fine but don't date black women.

EDIT: Thanks for the blog
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Ugh. That reminds me of when I was dating this Cuban chick for about a year or so, who didn't mention me to her family (Red Flag right there, I know) but swore up and down that her Cuban relatives weren't racist. Because they accepted their sons dating black women. Then when I met her family at a summer BBQ, I swear I heard a loud, freakin' sitcom-esque, record skip, as everyone in the backyard froze dead in their tracks with a "deer in headlights" gaze. That was the day I discovered the double standard with black and non-black minority dating.

I can top that. Try being in a relationship with a person of Arab descent. Many moons ago-- I was involved. Everything was fine...mother thought I was cool. So did her uncles, Aunts and Nephews..etc..but DAD. (Oh BOY) He used the N* word more than Richard Pryor. ( And not in a funny way either)

The thing that struck me funny was this was right after 911. And his family couldnt go anywhere without getting the eye from people. And he would ask me why people weren't tolerant. LOL

Ive always said you can tell if a nation/society is diverse..by how they treat black people. If blacks arent treated equally no minority or gender group are. With all due respect to every race, gender and creed.

Blacks are the Coal Miner Birds of Prejudice.

Want to know if a neighborhood is racially cool----Just drop us down the shaft and see how people react. The Intolerant ones will move away, pull kids out of school. Swimming pools. etc.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 01-07-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I can top that. Try being in a relationship with a person of Arab descent. Many moons ago-- I was involved. Everything was fine...mother thought I was cool. So did her uncles, Aunts and Nephews..etc..but DAD. (Oh BOY) He used the N* word more than Richard Pryor. ( And not in a funny way either)

The thing that struck me funny was this was right after 911. And his family couldnt go anywhere without getting the eye from people. And he would ask me why people weren't tolerant. LOL

Ive always said you can tell if a nation/society is diverse..by how they treat black people. If blacks arent treated equally no minority or gender group are. With all due respect to every race, gender and creed.

Want to know if a neighborhood is racially cool----Just drop us down the shaft and see how people react. The Intolerant ones will move away, pull kids out of school. Swimming pools. etc.

That is sadly true even this country where there are more middle eastern immigrants than African,other black immigrants. The numbers show unsurprisingly the blacks get most discriminated against despite there are many other peoples here. A coworker said N-word and black africans are the most prisoners in Swedish jail to my fricking face. Which is far from the fact most of them are Europeans in jails.

Even here in such a cozy reputation country like this. They way African-Americans are treated in US those stereotypes,prejudices moves along to European countries from American culture,films to African-African(heh). Of course African terrible modern history helps make people ignorant about us here too.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Seeing as how Arabs in Arabic countries still treat blacks like and refer to blacks as slaves (while crying about Anti-Islamic Westerners, lol), I'm not surprised. And it's hatred that is deep rooted and is spouted in such a casual matter. Almost like saying "hello" to a stranger. Not to get all link crazy, but it reminds me of two REALLY good, but somewhat old, articles on this very subject...

http://www.monaeltahawy.com/blog/?p=93
    http://thegrio.com/2009/12/03/clean-your-plate-if-it/

...and this wikipedia page, which has been updated since I initially bookmarked it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world

Quoted for mutha@#$%in' truth! Although it's the same analogy really, I say the "Racism Geiger-counter known as Black People." And instead of seeing if an area is simply diverse, I say it's to test if an town/state/country/etc... is in fact as "evolved" as they like to pride themselves as being. So far, my results haven't been too stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    That is sadly true even this country where there are more middle eastern immigrants than African,other black immigrants. The numbers show unsurprisingly the blacks get most discriminated against despite there are many other peoples here. A coworker said N-word and black africans are the most prisoners in Swedish jail to my fricking face. Which is far from the fact most of them are Europeans in jails.

Even here in such a cozy reputation country like this. They way African-Americans are treated in US those stereotypes,prejudices moves along to European countries from American culture,films to African-African(heh). Of course African terrible modern history helps make people ignorant about us here too.
    Not to seem like I'm nation bashing, but I've heard this about Scandinavian countries like Sweden, with most of it (rampant racism towards blacks) coming from Denmark.
    Last edited by Booshman; 01-07-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Seeing as how Arabs in Arabic countries still treat blacks like and refer to blacks as slaves (while crying about Anti-Islamic Westerners, lol), I'm not surprised. And it's hatred that is deep rooted and is spouted in such a casual matter. Almost like saying "hello" to a stranger. Not to get all link crazy, but it reminds me of two REALLY good, but somewhat old, articles on this very subject...

http://www.monaeltahawy.com/blog/?p=93
    http://thegrio.com/2009/12/03/clean-your-plate-if-it/

...and this wikipedia page, which has been updated since I initially bookmarked it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world

Quoted for mutha@#$%in' truth! Although it's the same analogy really, I say the "Racism Geiger-counter known as Black People." And instead of seeing if an area is simply diverse, I say it's to test if an town/state/country/etc... is in fact as "evolved" as they like to pride themselves as being. So far, my results haven't been too stellar.

Not to seem like I'm nation bashing, but I've heard this about Scandinavian countries like Sweden, with most of it (rampant racism towards blacks) coming from Denmark.
    Denmark is much more ignorance,racism against immigrant of all kinds. That is no bashing but cold hard facts about Denmark. The normal good people and the political leaders of Sweden who are very liberal, care for humans of all kind they all fear becoming like Danmark where the right wing,racist party has real power in their govermant.

Sweden is top 3 in Europe,world taking in immigrant from war torn countries. Only Germany,France take in more. Its a much warmer better country but there are of course some bad apples.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Watching right now. Shows that you can always learn something new.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

You can't be serious? I can think of quite a few LGBT people in Africa who would like to disagree with this "measure stick" of tolerance...
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-07-2013 at 07:42 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Racism @Google? Thousands Protest ‘Make Me Asian,’ ‘Make Me Indian’ Apps

More than 7,700 people have slammed Google for hosting in its Google Play store the “Make me Asian” and “Make me Indian” apps. Asian-American groups and online users are urging Google to remove the racist apps from Google Play and stay true to its “Don’t be evil” motto.

Click here to view the petition.

Although Google has a Diversity@Google section on its website and a Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report including lots of “Googley” images and anecdotes about scholarships and internships and community philanthropy, we can’t assess its commitment to diversity and inclusion. Despite annual invitations, Google has never participated in The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity in the 13 years the survey has been in existence.

The free apps allow Android smartphone users to edit photos by adding “humorous” stereotypes that vary by app: They can darken skin color, change eye shape to an “Asian” slant or add ethnic accessories like an American Indian headdress. “Compare the results with your friends and laugh heartily!” writes app developer KimberyDeiss. “In few taps you can transform yourself and your friends in the real Indians, using different effects and settings.”

[...]

Jesus Christ, Google. Do you not have anyone looking at these things before you approve them?
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You can't be serious? I can think of quite a few LGBT people in Africa who would like to disagree with this "measure stick" of tolerance...
    KF, my dude. Just add to the conversation and state your points of LGBT people in Africa's plight in response to what's being said. No need to start pitting black plight and LGBT's plight against each other.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    KF, my dude. Just add to the conversation and state your points of LGBT people in Africa's plight in response to what's being said. No need to start pitting black plight and LGBT's plight against each other.
    Very VERY fair point, good sir. I feel Roland's idea of basing a society's tolerance on how they treat black people has some strong merit in predominantly non-black nations, especially Western nations (though I often feel the representation of Asian and Hispanic minorities in America and other Western nations - especially male - is still lagging behind); but I ALSO feel in predominantly black-majority-nations this idea is very flawed; some African nations attitudes to LGBT rights would be prime examples of "how society treats black people" being a faulty measuring rod.

Not just Africa, though. An alarming number of nations across the world have questionable treatment of LGBT rights. Even in most of America, a gay couple cannot marry; and even in Britain (a country a consider very tolerable of diversity), the introduction of gay marriage is only now gaining strong momentum.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-07-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Very VERY fair point, good sir. I feel Roland's idea of basing a society's tolerance on how they treat black people has some strong merit in predominantly non-black nations, especially Western nations (though I often feel the representation of Asian and Hispanic minorities in America and other Western nations - especially male - is still lagging behind); but I ALSO feel in predominantly black-majority-nations this idea is very flawed; some African nations attitudes to LGBT rights would be prime examples of "how society treats black people" being a faulty measuring rod.

Not just Africa, though. An alarming number of nations across the world have questionable treatment of LGBT rights. Even in most of America, a gay couple cannot marry; and even in Britain (a country a consider very tolerable of diversity), the introduction of gay marriage is only now gaining strong momentum.
    Arent you forgetting that white gays in African nations catch less hell than black ones? I'm just saying.

Im not having an intolerance Olympics..I am just stating the obvious. Hell even Russell Means native American activist said he supported African American rights because his people wouldn't get their civil rights till we got ours.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 01-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Jesus Christ, Google. Do you not have anyone looking at these things before you approve them?

I can picture someone likely going , "Hey lets do this...fuck if it offends people..." "Won't the boss see ?" "Hell no...they are too busy to stop us !"
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Why? Those said nations treat black people terribly too. I mean look at the distribution of wealth, how many of them are either fractured governments or overtly authoritarian, lol.

However, as for Roland's point, I think it applies for the vast majority of nations. Even African ones have issues with skin tone, ethnicity, etc.
    Last edited by Double 0; 01-07-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Im not having an intolerance Olympics..I am just stating the obvious.
    Um, actually... you sort of are; by saying the measuring stick of whether a nation is tolerant and accepting of diversity is in how nations treat their black citizens; implies that "if black people are treated well, it shows a tolerant society"; which in itself implies "ergo, often black people are treated worse than other minorities" (hence... intolerance Olympics ). I'm not saying a nation's tolerance is measure by how well (or badly) they treat the LGBT community (it's not); I'm merely putting out "gay rights in Africa" as a valid point that clearly disputes a flawed measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Why? Those said nations treat black people terribly too. I mean look at the distribution of wealth, how many of them are either fractured governments or overtly authoritarian, lol.
    The poverty in African nations that are predominantly black isn't linked to specific treatment of black people based on their skin colour; and you know it. Are poor white people in Britain being "not being treated equally because of their white skin". Come on. The poverty in African is NOT what Roland's "measuring stick" is discussing; poverty isn't linked to tolerance, but greed, power and bad management of funds (all of which are a universal flaw in all humans; regardless of gender, skin tone, religion and sexuality)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.