Page 390 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 2903403803863873883893903913923933944004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 33504
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    No it was during the scene where Juels and Vincent needed to hide and clean up Marvin's body. Tarantino's character just goes on this rant about "Dead n***er storage" and Jules just stands there and takes it. Then it's revealed that Tarantino's characters wife (Bonnie) is black.
    I need to rewatch it, I think I remember the scene. They get sprayed down after with a hose, right? Was Tarantino trying to mock white guys who do that (like Fraction having the thug gangs spout "bro" every other line); or was it just... odd?
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Or worst get told if you cast TI and other whoever is popular group (see Trey Songz in Texas Chainsaw-who do you think they are aiming for and don't let him live and beat up Leatherface).

this doesn't make a lick of sense.

there are plenty of reasons why Spike would feel that way, and we know he isn't the only one that has stated they won't see the movie. this isn't one of them.

re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D: Trey is meant to be nothing more than cannon fodder for a pos so-called sequel. the audience is for the CW demo, the gullible, and those that enjoy watching really bad movies in order to mock it.
    Last edited by 7thangel; 01-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.

A black guy as cannon fodder in a horror movie shocking. And yeah CW especially Vampire Diaries loves killing black males.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Not since..Wheres my keys wheres my mobile. Has a song moved me.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    A black guy as cannon fodder in a horror movie shocking. And yeah CW especially Vampire Diaries loves killing black males.
    So I will assume Robert Richard is no longer on the show?

I dont bother learning their names, they only last a few episodes at most.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Speaking of Django (who I just learned is supposed to be the Great X4 Grandfather of Shaft). That reminds me how the embarrassment to Perm Wearing Keebler Elves everywhere, Kat Williams, turned down a role in the film. And then had the nerve to "insult" Jamie Foxx with horribly unfounded accusations of homosexuality. Like Katt Williams' career is on a roll or something. SMDH.

While Jamie Foxx and the rest of the cast was just fantastic, I have to admit that I relieved glad to hear that Will Smith ended up passing on the lead (because he was in the middle of filming MiB3), because I prefer Foxx over him in serious roles.
    Come on now, you are saying Foxx is better than Will Smith in serious roles? Foxx is funny,cool and everything but he doesnt do as well in dramatic,serious roll as Will Smith. Sure Smith is hugely popular and people get sick of him being linked to every black lead role that isnt for Denzel but come on. Or you mean you just prefer Foxx and not because of you think he is better?

Not that Django is a serious role. Tarantino hasnt done a quality film, a serious film since Jackie Brown era. I wont see this film until i need a cheap DVD to watch an over the top film. I wont avoid it because of Slavery thing because Tarantino is not near as good as in late 90s.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Forgot--- I went to a comic con today.

STRUCK OUT badly as I couldn't find the remaining 23 Milestone books I need to finish my collection.

I had a chance to get a mint Black Goliath first issue but lost out on that.

I did get to meet Chewbecca and Hulk-well the two guys who made them famous. And one (Chewy) has not aged too well. I might post that photo.

Something to think about-

http://www.shawnsjames.blogspot.com/...elves-but.html

Dan Freeman. (AvenueRants)

Tommy Sotomayor

And countless others.

Who are these men? Black Men who have had their accounts flagged on YouTube. Black Men who have had their channels deleted on YouTube.

These were Black Men who made videos talking about Black issues from a Black male point of view. Their content was intelligent, though provoking, and even entertaining.

It upset me to learn of Dan Freemanís account being deleted on YouTube. This was the third time YouTube deleted Mr. Freemanís account.

Studying this issue on YouTube over the past two years, thereís been a clear pattern of discrimination against Black men on YouTube. The videos of Black men are more likely to get flagged on YouTube than the videos of Black women or other races. Theyíre more likely to get deleted on YouTube than the videos of Black women or other races. Theyíre more likely to their channels deleted than Black women or people of other races.

When a Black man like Tommy Sotomayor can get his videos thumbsed downed and flagged within seconds of posting, thereís pattern of discrimination behind it. When a Black minister like TMOT has a video deleted thereís a pattern behind it. And when an intelligent Black man like The Iceman gets his videos taken down for trying to help Black men become better Black men itís clear to me that thereís a pattern behind it where discrimination is practiced.

If racists can get on YouTube and promote their hate, why canít Black men talk about the issues in their community? And if Black women are allowed to discuss their issues with Black men on YouTube, then why arenít Black men allowed to rebut those arguments in an intelligent articulate way like Dan Freeman, TommySotomayor, Thugtician and countless other Black men used to?

But a Black woman like MsProphet123 can post up a hate-filled diatribe about Black men and it stays up for over three months without a single flag. Without having her channel taken down.

i'm sorry, why should i care about these MRA dudes?

if they have issues they can get together with other MRA dudes and flag their enemies.

What is MRA?
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

men's rights activist

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Come on now, you are saying Foxx is better than Will Smith in serious roles? Foxx is funny,cool and everything but he doesnt do as well in dramatic,serious roll as Will Smith. Sure Smith is hugely popular and people get sick of him being linked to every black lead role that isnt for Denzel but come on. Or you mean you just prefer Foxx and not because of you think he is better?

Not that Django is a serious role. Tarantino hasnt done a quality film, a serious film since Jackie Brown era. I wont see this film until i need a cheap DVD to watch an over the top film. I wont avoid it because of Slavery thing because Tarantino is not near as good as in late 90s.
    The latter. I just prefer Foxx over Smith.

And Django is more serious than you think. Sure there are a few jokes every now and then, but the best moments are the tense ones. And I take the argument of "X Artist/Writer/Musician/Director/etc...isn't as good as they were back in the day" with a grain of salt, because there are too people who say this about damn near every popular figure in modern entertainment. Most of it seems to be said while they're wearing rose colored glasses, though.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I prefer Jamie Foxx to Will Smith for dramatic roles (but I still adore Smith). Jamie has Any Given Sunday (1999), Collateral (2004), Jarhead (2005), the Kingdom (2007) and a host of others, where he excels at simplicity in drama. I say "simplicity" not to imply his performance is simplistic (in the sense of lacking depth... because it's not, his work is very complex), I mean "simple" as in he doesn't need to make them overly eccentric, or have huge, dramatic scenes with huge, dramatic crying. He lets the character talk for him; he lets the feelings and thoughts come through in a look, a pause, a sigh (as any good dramatic actor should = LESS IS MORE). He can very easily be a team player, and not need to steal every moment; or make everything about him. He's a very giving actor. Will Smith is wonderful... but it's all about him. If that makes sense?

And I take the argument of "X Artist/Writer/Musician/Director/etc...isn't as good as they were back in the day" with a grain of salt, because there are too people who say this about damn near every popular figure in modern entertainment. Most of it seems to be said while they're wearing rose colored glasses, though.
    100% agreed. I often find its AFTER they've made it to the point "the general populus thinks they are great" when you start hearing "not as good as they used to be." It's probably linked to the idea people love championing an unknown, and hate when they discover nearly everyone else has now noticed what they once believed was 'a unique opinion' on an artist.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-05-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

The latter. I just prefer Foxx over Smith.

And Django is more serious than you think. Sure there are a few jokes every now and then, but the best moments are the tense ones. And I take the argument of "X Artist/Writer/Musician/Director/etc...isn't as good as they were back in the day" with a grain of salt, because there are too people who say this about damn near every popular figure in modern entertainment. Most of it seems to be said while they're wearing rose colored glasses, though.
    That might be the case with others, tainted by nostalgia on old works by popular creators. Its also my right not to support someone by judging him with his last film. I enjoyed Kill Bill but felt Ingolorious Bastard was waste of my money that could have gone to better films. Tarantino long scenes with over indulgence in his typical dialouge was too much for me. Why he has gone from cinema to maybe DVD rental.

To me he is just someone i rated highly until his last films wasnt good enough. I dont believe in supporting someone based on old works and out of loyalty.

Frankly not to diss James Foxx,Di Caprio but he had Robert De Niro,Harvey Keitle, Tim Roth in his best 90s films. A different in quality there too.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk