Page 381 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 2813313713773783793803813823833843853914314818811381 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 33506
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

first of all, Rob Parker can NOT call anyone corny with that wardrobe and forehead >_>
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Way off there. He does get a hummer from the White girl who blows all the rookies in the first episode, but (I'll put it in spoilers because people have mentioned that they just started the series) spoilers:
    Jace's character, Julian, is gay, and he does have sex with a Latino man early in the series. Later, he turns to God, gets into one of those reorientation programs, and marries a Black woman, whom they show him having sex with later in the series.
    end of spoilers
    Diverse and offensive at the same time. Lovely.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Diverse and offensive at the same time. Lovely.
    Well, it's The Shield, which pretty much shows things the way they are. There's no "special episode" proselytizing or cleaning up issues for social comsumption-- it's a brutal look at social issues and there are no easy answers or forced understanding.

spoilers:
    At first, Julian's homosexuality is used by Vic Mackie to blackmail him into pulling out of a IA complaint. Julian is in the closet and doesn't want the other officers to know because he thinks they'll ostracize him. As far as the reorientation development in later seasons, it's shown that it doesn't actually work. It's clear that Julian is using his marriage as a cover, and that his feelings for men have not changed. It causes him to become more violent in the field because he is conflicted between his feelings and the choices he's made to deny them.
    end of spoilers

Some people may find it offensive, but truthfully, it was one of the most daring shows on TV when it aired when it came to issues of race and sexuality. There was a lot of truth there, but it was an ugly truth that a lot of people would prefer to pretend didn't exist.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 12-27-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    first of all, Rob Parker can NOT call anyone corny with that wardrobe and forehead >_>
    Rob Parker's suits are amazing.

Heh, damn. If foreheads can make you corny I'm in trouble.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

So I saw Django Unchained with my mother the other day and needless to say she , lovedit.... minus the violence. After the film we had a brief discussion about slavery and how the stories of Harriet Tubman,Fredrick Douglas and more still have not been given justice by Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by DattaBoy View Post
    So I saw Django Unchained with my mother the other day and needless to say she , lovedit.... minus the violence. After the film we had a brief discussion about slavery and how the stories of Harriet Tubman,Fredrick Douglas and more still have not been given justice by Hollywood
    Finally sum1 here who has seen dat damn movie...gd 2 know dat u mum liked it but wat abt u?

Any chance 4 a review if possible?

Pls!

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Heh, damn. If foreheads can make you corny I'm in trouble.
    As long as you arent an alien from this Island earth

My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by DattaBoy View Post
    I was disturbed by the N word usage. but then again..I blame rappers for its perpetual usage. I cant rightly ask for an end of the word..when its said so flagrantly by more than a few.

Tho i must be a cornball because iveonly bought edited versions since way back.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Wait-a-minute...waaaaaaaaaaaaat.

New Poster Art, Cast Details And Release Date For Tony Jaa's TOM YUM GOONG 2

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/10/new-po...m-goong-2.html

And, finally, Sahamongkol have confirmed that the RZA has joined the cast in what they call a 'featured' part. RZA tweeted from the set some time back and Thai media have reported his involvement - his Man With The Iron Fists stunt double Marrese Crump has been part of the cast from day one - but this is the first I've seen that confirmed from within the production company.

Rob is just old. Too in love with the "realness" of the Barbershop, than smart enough to know that everything doesnt need to b said.

Yay, Tom Yum Goong sequel! That was my fave Jaa film. What disgusting appetites those bad guys had.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    As long as you arent an alien from this Island earth
    Oh man, the creepiness of that pic is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Wait-a-minute...waaaaaaaaaaaaat.

New Poster Art, Cast Details And Release Date For Tony Jaa's TOM YUM GOONG 2

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/10/new-po...m-goong-2.html

I only hope he learned from his mistakes with Ong Bak 2 & 3

Jackie Chan To Star In EXPENDABLES 3
    Todd Brown, Founder and Editor
    December 17, 1:27 pm
    http://twitchfilm.com/2012/12/jackie...ndables-3.html