Page 378 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 2783283683743753763773783793803813823884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 33531

In regards to the Shield show I'm going to wait until it airs before I speak ill of it, thats not to say the casting isn't alittle messed because it is. I just recall saying that I wouldn't watch Arrow and lo and behold I've tuned in every Wednesday to watch it.

I can almost guarantee my mother will watch it though, she loves pretty much anything made by Joss Whedon.

LOOOOOOOL...ROFL!

U fellas nd 2 chek-out dis u-tube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyD.../videos?view=0

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    LOOOOOOOL...ROFL!

U fellas nd 2 chek-out dis u-tube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyD.../videos?view=0

Good Ole timothy de la ghetto, that dude is hilarious, I've been subscribed to both him and ricky shucks for a while now, they always put out good content, especially the tsa script lol.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    Good Ole timothy de la ghetto, that dude is hilarious, I've been subscribed to both him and ricky shucks for a while now, they always put out good content, especially the tsa script lol.
    Can u believe 1 of us/SZ just emailed d rest of us/SZ d link....we just found it 2day.

Its gonna tk us a loooong while 2 get thru all those comdey vidz, r der any u recommend?

Hmmm...here's anothr channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/myroommatethe/videos?view=0

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Sweet Kieran...it wasnt a direct assualt @ u but just those dat all in dat 'genre/fetish'.
    Just think abt if der was 'supposed' 2 b an Asian in any form of media d odds of it being an Asian female is @ least btwn 85%-90%, den add d odds of dat Asian female getting bangd by an Caucasian male.....ta-daaa.
    Not saying dat der aint exceptions but d Caucasian male asiafelia 'asian doll' fetish is waaaaaaay in d lead.
    Take 4 instance:

Nikita
    ....completely surrounded by Caucasian males & d only ONLY Asian male given any feature slot was in 1 ep involving an Asian male/Caucasian female relnship was md a villain who...guess wat...was trying 2 assasinate his Caucasian wife & his Asian/Caucasian biracial child all 4 a cheap bs reason.
    Y cant der b an Asian Female with a Latino guy(not d 1's dat luk like dey cum frm Netherlands.LOL!) or Native American, Indian, Arab etc?
    Asian males r incredibly marginalised....do u remember d gr8 awesome movie "Warrior's Way" dat has a AM/CF relationship but most majority of reviewers & critics pretty much 'insulted' d movie based on dat relationship.
    Dearest SilverZeal; you are 100% right, my comment was too harsh, and I have edited it (it is Christmas after all). My objection to your quote was because (as an actor) I found it completely side-swipped the effort and achievement of Minga Na. Like many Asian actresses, her struggle for representation is not easy (even in the martial arts field, nearly all the biggest stars are male). No Asian actress has ever one an Oscar (to my knowledge). We have Will Smith, Denzel, Morgan Freeman, Sidney Poitier, Jamie Foxx all with an Oscar; and many other leading black males in entertainment. Enough? No. We need more (and we will have more, because times are always changing). I feel it is wrong to belittle her addition to a possibly major T.V. show as "merely filling the Asian female fetish role". Imagine a black male was cast and a poster put "well... he's just filling the 'mandingo' role". It completely disregards his achievement and his work; and treats his addition as nothing more than shallow candy. We should celebrate Ming Na's casting. She is easily the most famous of the actors cast, and possibly will be THE lead (it is Joss Whedon after all... chances are the focus will be on the female character).

Ming Na is so much more than filling a "fetish" role; and it's terribly wrong to imply otherwise. The show has two POC, and is 50% women. That's a GOOD thing; because Asian women and women in general also struggle for representation. Yes, it has no male POC; and hopefully we will have an additon sooner or late (as well as having Samuel L. Jackson guest star at times).

Anyway. Merry Christmas. I hope everyone gets all the presents they wanted, and experience nothing but Yule-tide joy tomorrow.

Kieran
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I don't think Whendon is even using any named SHEILD agents for his tv show anyway.
    I would LOVE it if Ms. Victoria Hand made an appearance! I would be soooooooooo happy! (plus it would increase her chance or being resurrected in the comics)
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-24-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Default no imagining needed

hollywood is terrified of creating any mandingo role, (instead the go the sexless black male route for the majority of times, for both straight and gay characters) but they do create the magical negro, black brute, and for black women, the sapphire and jezebel. people have pointed it out with the quickness regardless of who was playing the role. it's calling out the creator, writer, producer, and/or director
    Last edited by 7thangel; 12-24-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Dearest SilverZeal; you are 100% right, my comment was too harsh, and I have edited it (it is Christmas after all). My objection to your quote was because (as an actor) I found it completely side-swipped the effort and achievement of Minga Na. Like many Asian actresses, her struggle for representation is not easy (even in the martial arts field, nearly all the biggest stars are male). No Asian actress has ever one an Oscar (to my knowledge). We have Will Smith, Denzel, Morgan Freeman, Sidney Poitier, Jamie Foxx all with an Oscar; and many other leading black males in entertainment. Enough? No. We need more (and we will have more, because times are always changing). I feel it is wrong to belittle her addition to a possibly major T.V. show as "merely filling the Asian female fetish role". Imagine a black male was cast and a poster put "well... he's just filling the 'mandingo' role". It completely disregards his achievement and his work; and treats his addition as nothing more than shallow candy. We should celebrate Ming Na's casting. She is easily the most famous of the actors cast, and possibly will be THE lead (it is Joss Whedon after all... chances are the focus will be on the female character).

Ming Na is so much more than filling a "fetish" role; and it's terribly wrong to imply otherwise. The show has two POC, and is 50% women. That's a GOOD thing; because Asian women and women in general also struggle for representation. Yes, it has no male POC; and hopefully we will have an additon sooner or late (as well as having Samuel L. Jackson guest star at times).

Anyway. Merry Christmas. I hope everyone gets all the presents they wanted, and experience nothing but Yule-tide joy tomorrow.

Kieran
    xx

I would LOVE it if Ms. Victoria Hand made an appearance! I would be soooooooooo happy! (plus it would increase her chance or being resurrected in the comics)
    Kool!

Nothin' but luv & gravy 4 ya, ese!

U shud chek-out d u-tube channels we/SZ postd, cant believe we/SZ just found dem....ROFLOL funny.

Aaaaand anothr(last 1)...& craaaaaaaaaazy funny as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpokenReasons/videos?view=0

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    hollywood is terrified of creating any mandingo role, (instead the go the sexless black male route for the majority of times, for both straight and gay characters) but they do create the magical negro, black brute, and for black women, the sapphire and jezebel. people have pointed it out with the quickness regardless of who was playing the role. it's calling out the creator, writer, producer, and/or director
    One of the main problems I have with the mystical negro is why he or she doesn't use their gift to better their own situation.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Can u believe 1 of us/SZ just emailed d rest of us/SZ d link....we just found it 2day.

Its gonna tk us a loooong while 2 get thru all those comdey vidz, r der any u recommend?
    That's the thing, tim has been around so long that it's really hard to pinpoint which videos are his best, my favorite is the tsa video but his call me maybe parody is pretty good
    too, oh and the chunk dirty video he did with rza, that was hilarious lol.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

That's the thing, tim has been around so long that it's really hard to pinpoint which videos are his best, my favorite is the tsa video but his call me maybe parody is pretty good
    too, oh and the chunk dirty video he did with rza, that was hilarious lol.

Pretty much...

You can look all throughout this and earlier editions of this thread and see where people have pointed out that a black male character is only in a film to fill a specific role.

oh yeah sexless. Not to mention when you do have an Asian Male they always go the sexless route no matter how badass the character is.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February