Page 368 of 2250 FirstFirst ... 2683183583643653663673683693703713723784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 33736
  1. #5506
    Queen of the Amazons 'Flo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dual Citizenship: Wakanda/Themyscira
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Holy shit, did anyone pick up the newest issue of Saga?

    Gwendolyn caught me off guard more than the testicle monster from last issue did... and that's saying something, LOL.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

    Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

  2. #5507
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Holy shit, did anyone pick up the newest issue of Saga?

    Gwendolyn caught me off guard more than the testicle monster from last issue did... and that's saying something, LOL.
    I'm planning to pick it up on trade. I'm definitely looking forward to finally checking it out. Looks like a nice adult piece with some funky themes.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  3. #5508
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Holy shit, did anyone pick up the newest issue of Saga?

    Gwendolyn caught me off guard more than the testicle monster from last issue did... and that's saying something, LOL.
    You know Im with you here Flo. Gwendolyn looks like a major badass. Another killer design. Staples has risen to the highest level in this series. Just wow. The Will better tighten up.

  4. #5509
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    You know Im with you here Flo. Gwendolyn looks like a major badass. Another killer design. Staples has risen to the highest level in this series. Just wow. The Will better tighten up.
    Yeah Bad@ss.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  5. #5510
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    Now, the latter I see, I dispute it, but I certainly understand it. Where do you get the former from?
    It takes place in Chicago and yet I cannot really name major POC characters. Its a whitewashed Chicago.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  6. #5511
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    It takes place in Chicago and yet I cannot really name major POC characters. Its a whitewashed Chicago.
    Rawlings, who might not be a Muprhy-level character, but definitely shows up enough to be accounted for. There's also Sanya, or how about the first major love interest, Susan?

    Harry encounters a black EMT sometime after Grave Peril, one of the female Alphas is a minority, the first form that Uriel takes is black.

    We've also got Rashid, Ramirez, Anastasia, etc.

  7. #5512
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    31,752

    Default

    Anastasia's Italian, so I don't think she counts. Or I always thought she was Italian. But there's Ancient Mai, Martha Liberty, and Joseph Listens-to-Wind on the Senior Council, in addition to the ones you've named.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

  8. #5513
    Senior Member babybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    On the plus side, a series with 50/50 men/women, and two POC; and two Brits (YEY!!!)... that's still good diversity. I'm very excited, esp. since Ming-Na is in it (love her).
    While it's good diversity, it still illustrates a problem, the lack of minority male lead shows. One thing Joss wheldon is very good at is female leads (he even made something out of black widow.) With females you have scandal, nikita, and now The Shield. I currently can't think of any show on regular television that has a minority male lead. It also illustrates the problem
    of hollywood having problem with minority male characters.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

  9. #5514
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    31,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    I currently can't think of any show on regular television that has a minority male lead.
    Hawaii 5-0?
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

  10. #5515
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wakanda, NY
    Posts
    14,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    While it's good diversity, it still illustrates a problem, the lack of minority male lead shows. One thing Joss wheldon is very good at is female leads (he even made something out of black widow.) With females you have scandal, nikita, and now The Shield. I currently can't think of any show on regular television that has a minority male lead. It also illustrates the problem
    of hollywood having problem with minority male characters.
    Once again, I've said it plenty of times, I never go to Joss Whedon for racial diversity. Some times he'll hit a nice character, but overall, eh.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

    Free Umbra!

  11. #5516
    Senior Member babybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Hawaii 5-0?
    Hmm, I never watch the show so I'm not too sure,

    but if you look at the link here

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm451854080/tt1600194

    You will see the two asian people standing in the back, so I don't think they are main character, part of the ensemble perhaps like ll cool J from NCIS LA, but not the main character.
    For example you have Scandal

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3190863616/tt1837576

    You see she's front and center in the picture, even though technically it also has an ensemble cast as well.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

  12. #5517
    Unicorns are tasty! Tadhg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Hawaii 5-0?
    Daniel Dae Kim seems more like a supporting character.

    There's the NCIS with LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell but that's more an ensemble.
    I love bipolar danger girl forever!

  13. #5518
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    Hmm, I never watch the show so I'm not too sure,

    but if you look at the link here

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm451854080/tt1600194

    You will see the two asian people standing in the back, so I don't think they are main character, part of the ensemble perhaps like ll cool J from NCIS LA, but not the main character.
    For example you have Scandal

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3190863616/tt1837576

    You see she's front and center in the picture, even though technically it also has an ensemble cast as well.
    There is also Nikita, with Maggie Q.

    For minority males, if ensemble cast shows like NCIS:LA/MIAMI and Criminal Minds don't count, then you'd probably have to go back to either Daybreak (with Taye Diggs), the short lived Undercovers or Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (another ensemble but this time Forrest Wittaker is the guy in charge). None of which are on TV now.

    Unless I'm forgetting something.

    There is also Luther but that isn't network (or an American show for that matter)

  14. #5519
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    While it's good diversity, it still illustrates a problem, the lack of minority male lead shows. One thing Joss wheldon is very good at is female leads (he even made something out of black widow.) With females you have scandal, nikita, and now The Shield. I currently can't think of any show on regular television that has a minority male lead. It also illustrates the problem
    of hollywood having problem with minority male characters.
    The last one I could recall was The Unit. Then there was that show with Taye Diggs. I think it was where he kept reliving the same day over and over. I can't remeber the name of it but I thought it was pretty good.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

  15. #5520
    The Professional marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Where Giants Live.
    Posts
    21,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    There is also Nikita, with Maggie Q.

    For minority males, if ensemble cast shows like NCIS:LA/MIAMI and Criminal Minds don't count, then you'd probably have to go back to either Daybreak (with Taye Diggs), the short lived Undercovers or Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (another ensemble but this time Forrest Wittaker is the guy in charge). None of which are on TV now.

    Unless I'm forgetting something.

    There is also Luther but that isn't network (or an American show for that matter)
    That's the show.

    I liked Law and Order with Lupo and Bernard.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

    CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •