Page 366 of 2230 FirstFirst ... 2663163563623633643653663673683693703764164668661366 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 33441
  1. #5476
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Oslo Guy was just a racist that is why he did it. He was perfectly sane.

    What I am saying is when it's a white male they immediatly start talking about mental health when it's not a white males then it's something wrong with the culture of the shooter.
    Which is why there's no talk about the evils of gun culture, video games, etc. going on right now?


    And why when Vtech got shot up, there wasn't a pretty heavy focus on Seung-Hui Cho's mental instability?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

  2. #5477
    Elder Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!
    Posts
    53,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    It has some sketches and promo material from the days it was at AiT/PlanetLar( this comp was done through Image ) and Wood does the introduction



    Yes it does, I wish Rob G wasn't busy outside of comics since Wood said he'd love to do another Couriers book but he won't without Rob
    That sounds pretty cool but I already got the original issues and christmas is in a week
    I already gave santa my list bro!
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

  3. #5478
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,629

    Default

    just watched the pilot for Deception (formerly Infamous) starring Megan Good as the lead. it was alright, i liked it. the flashbacks may get annoying real quick if they keep using it.

    you can watch it at the official page http://www.nbc.com/deception/

    if you're not in the states and don't have a proxy server that can fool the country restrictions, the usual streaming sites should have it

  4. #5479
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The new Young Justice trailer is up and a certain black teen finally speaks. Kids are rejoicing everywhere!

    http://legendofjustice.tumblr.com/post/37983739935

    And another MIA black guy in DC appears-Grant Morrison's Manhattan Guardian.
    well since Kaldur got off'd someone needed to replace him


  5. #5480
    I'm not a sidekick Kasper Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well since Kaldur got off'd someone needed to replace him
    Kaldur was not "off'd" He was definitely left in bad shape, but he wasn't killed or anything.

  6. #5481
    Power Corrupts Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    16,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Kaldur was not "off'd" He was definitely left in bad shape, but he wasn't killed or anything.
    The man is brain dead


  7. #5482
    Unicorns are tasty! Tadhg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    I know that some of us posters are fans of the Dresden Flies and "Cold Days" has been out for less than a month officially.

    However, not all is well in Harry-Land, especially in terms of representation and messages being sent through the story.

    http://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/20...r-book-14.html

    http://arsmarginal.wordpress.com/201...-who/#comments

    I'm only 12% through the book and everything being said here happens in stark detail.
    If you haven't checked out Ben Aaronovitch's Peter Grant books, you should. The first is Rivers of London(Midnight Riot for the US release). For Urban fantasy it's much better in terms of representation, it's less rapey, and Aaronovitch's London has more feeling than Butcher's Chicago.
    I love bipolar danger girl forever!

  8. #5483
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,629

    Default

    i thought i watched every ep. of Young Justice before the 'hiatus', thanks to y'all, i realized i didn't see the last ep.

    edit: maybe this needs to be in spoiler quotes


    spoilers:
    despite what some in the thread in the tv section have said, the only one to recover from her ruthless mind attacks was Simon, maybe because she hadn't perfected it yet and his own powers. we'll see if he recovers
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by 7thangel; 12-19-2012 at 02:12 PM.

  9. #5484
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i thought i watched every ep. of Young Justice before the 'hiatus', thanks to y'all, i realized i didn't see the last ep.

    edit: maybe this needs to be in spoiler quotes


    spoilers:
    despite what some in the thread in the tv section have said, the only one to recover from her ruthless mind attacks was Simon, maybe because she hadn't perfected it yet and his own powers. we'll see if he recovers
    end of spoilers
    I would hope but I don't know, there's also the facts that

    spoilers:
    Superboy knows what she's been doing but has been written as keeping that info to himself making him guilty as he could have helped stopped her back when she did it to the aliens I'm name blanking on
    end of spoilers

  10. #5485
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Greg Weisman has said Kaldur is one of his favorite characters and not just because he created him for the show. I suspect that his story is not done and we don't know the extant of M'Ganns powers...

  11. #5486
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    I know that some of us posters are fans of the Dresden Flies and "Cold Days" has been out for less than a month officially.

    However, not all is well in Harry-Land, especially in terms of representation and messages being sent through the story.

    http://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/20...r-book-14.html

    http://arsmarginal.wordpress.com/201...-who/#comments

    I'm only 12% through the book and everything being said here happens in stark detail.
    Dresden notes every attractive female's figure because he's a pig. He has noted this. Others have noted this.

    When Butcher writes from Murphy or Marcone's perception, we see much less of this because they aren't pigs.

    I haven't read the Codex, but from what I'm told it is also low on that.

    So the issue is with Harry, but anyone that doesn't know that he's a sex-straved caveman is purposefully ignoring that Bob took his new personality explicitly from Harry.

    As for representation...I don't know. 2/3s of the initial Knights were minority (one an EXTREME minority), when we see random Chicagoan civs, there is good rep (Rawlings and the black emp spring to mind).

    Edit: I don't know if you're at the Titania conversation yet, but it is every bit as awful as everyone says it is, that is by far my least favorite conversation in the Dresden Files, even worse than select dialogue from Twilight.
    Last edited by The Once And Forever; 12-19-2012 at 05:58 PM.

  12. #5487
    Were You There? Michael P's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Location, Location!
    Posts
    31,706

    Default

    I would appreciate not being spoiled on the new DF book, thanks.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

  13. #5488
    Senior Member babybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    Well, The Shield casting is complete, and surprise, there is no men POC in sight. There are two chinese women though on the cast, be as it may. With that said, with Joss Wheldon I was suspecting not to see a POC male and seeing as it confirm my beliefs, I can now skip the series. The upside to this is every time I see a show ending up like this, the more it pushes me to get my product out as fast as I can with the best quality, because as long as hollywood and the media doesn't provide some catering to minorities (especially minority males)
    I can fulfill that niche that's desperately needed.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

  14. #5489
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London/NEW YORK
    Posts
    11,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babybro View Post
    Well, The Shield casting is complete, and surprise, there is no men POC in sight. There are two chinese women though on the cast, be as it may. With that said, with Joss Wheldon I was suspecting not to see a POC male and seeing as it confirm my beliefs, I can now skip the series. The upside to this is every time I see a show ending up like this, the more it pushes me to get my product out as fast as I can with the best quality, because as long as hollywood and the media doesn't provide some catering to minorities (especially minority males)
    I can fulfill that niche that's desperately needed.
    On the plus side, a series with 50/50 men/women, and two POC; and two Brits (YEY!!!)... that's still good diversity. I'm very excited, esp. since Ming-Na is in it (love her).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-20-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

  15. #5490

    Default

    The thoughts, opinions, facts, and feelings expressed in the "minorities and other issues in comics threads" are diverse, and for the most part well said and respectful. The energy on the thread is respectful and welcomes different opinions.

    You all do amazing work on this thread and I enjoy stopping by and reading your thoughts.

    Keep up the Dialogue.

    Sincerely,
    -Enrique Carrion
    Writer/Creator of Image Comics vescell

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •