Page 363 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 2633133533593603613623633643653663673734134638631363 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 33508

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    That's a cop out to excuse bad behavior. You also have no idea whether or not they had been drinking at that point. "I was drunk" is probably the most lame ass excuse there is. I've been drunk a couple of times in my younger days and I've never done/said anything racist/bigoted/homophobic/sexist because of it.

And then there's the idea that a bunch of adults in THIS situation are "kids"......
    It is a cop out.

When white kids steal a car...drive it while blowing a 2.0 ( legally drunk)

they get to call their mommies and daddies to pick them up and they are put on probation. Blacks are going to jail.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

That's a cop out to excuse bad behavior. You also have no idea whether or not they had been drinking at that point. "I was drunk" is probably the most lame ass excuse there is. I've been drunk a couple of times in my younger days and I've never done/said anything racist/bigoted/homophobic/sexist because of it.

And then there's the idea that a bunch of adults in THIS situation are "kids"......
    I'm glad you believe that because you haven't done anything dumb in your life while being drunk , it instantly means no one else has ever done anything stupid. Because let me tell ya... the stupid factor can happen in people at times if they do drink , get a group and act moronic.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm glad you believe that because you haven't done anything dumb in your life while being drunk , it instantly means no one else has ever done anything stupid. Because let me tell ya... the stupid factor can happen in people at times if they do drink , get a group and act moronic.
    I never said I've never done anything dumb or stupid while drunk. What I'm saying is that being drunk doesn't suddenly make otherwise tolerant people spew/do racist/homophobic/sexist things unless they already had those views to begin with.

a bit old, however...

what does being drunk have to with it? unless they decided on their theme party, promoted it, and got/created their 'costumes' while drunk, it shouldn't even been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    a bit old, however...

what does being drunk have to with it? unless they decided on their theme party, promoted it, and got/created their 'costumes' while drunk, it shouldn't even been brought up.
    As I said in my previous post, it has nothing to do with it and it's just a baseless assumption by ECWFAN to excuse the bad behavior of those "kids".

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I never said I've never done anything dumb or stupid while drunk. What I'm saying is that being drunk doesn't suddenly make otherwise tolerant people spew/do racist/homophobic/sexist things unless they already had those views to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    a bit old, however...

As I said in my previous post, it has nothing to do with it and it's just a baseless assumption by ECWFAN to excuse the bad behavior of those "kids".
    This likely will be the last time they ever do anything as dumb as this really. Its not an excuse...its something you see in college kids a lot of the time. They will do something dumb like this and it happens. If they keep fucking up in life after it...that is clearly on them. After this they will get the message and change more than likely.

And considering most college parties are fueled by alcohol , it wouldn't shock me if it wasn't used at this party.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

a whole lot of assumptions on them being better in the future, based on nothing.

the meme "they're college kids" doesn't wash. not to mention that it's been a well documented issue on college campuses, there is no excuse. period.

and once again, they didn't go to the party dressed normally, get drunk and then dressed up, it was a planned theme.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This likely will be the last time they ever do anything as dumb as this really. Its not an excuse...its something you see in college kids a lot of the time. They will do something dumb like this and it happens. If they keep fucking up in life after it...that is clearly on them. After this they will get the message and change more than likely.

And considering most college parties are fueled by alcohol , it wouldn't shock me if it wasn't used at this party.
    Its a bit more possible that they keep their bigotry to themselves after this rather than change their perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Its a bit more possible that they keep their bigotry to themselves after this rather than change their perception.
    Well isn't that pretty much the idea being put forth here? Disregarding the thought process behind the act and focusing solely on the act itself, "Blame it on the Alcohol" and such.

It counter productive to take the stance of "You shouldn't have said/done that in public" rather than challenging the views that lead to those comments and behaviors.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Since I'm in college right now, and I see that type of shit pretty often. (and I'm in a pretty dang Liberal college)

Uh, no. There's no excuse that works here. Not drunk-ness because it was planned. Not "hey it's college" because plenty of other students know better, and again, planned. Not "they just got their sense of freedom from their parents" because that just means it's not just them, but their family and friends back home may be a ton of racists too, and again, it was planned.

What they did was stupid and racist. They just need to own up to it. The whole campus does for facilitating that type of behavior. That's how my campus (attempts) to handle it. And maybe they take a class or two about race and culture. That is, unless they want to continue being that way.

And I know plenty of kids in my campus and others more than willing to be just like them. But if a "fuck white people" party happened, me and my friends would be not only kicked out of campus, but our job opportunities would get slimmed down to McDonalds. Seriously, some of my friends are outright scared of showing up at certain parties because they don't want a photo of them showing up on FB or Instagram. So no quarter for these basics chicks.
    Last edited by Double 0; 12-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Since I'm in college right now, and I see that type of shit pretty often. (and I'm in a pretty dang Liberal college)

Uh, no. There's no excuse that works here. Not drunk-ness because it was planned. Not "hey it's college" because plenty of other students know better, and again, planned. Not "they just got their sense of freedom from their parents" because that just means it's not just them, but their family and friends back home may be a ton of racists too, and again, it was planned.

What they did was stupid and racist. They just need to own up to it. The whole campus does for facilitating that type of behavior. That's how my campus (attempts) to handle it. And maybe they take a class or two about race and culture. That is, unless they want to continue being that way.

And I know plenty of kids in my campus and others more than willing to be just like them. But if a "fuck white people" party happened, me and my friends would be not only kicked out of campus, but our job opportunities would get slimmed down to McDonalds. Seriously, some of my friends are outright scared of showing up at certain parties because they don't want a photo of them showing up on FB or Instagram. So no quarter for these basics chicks.

Well apparently in the minds of some if no white people are present at those parties that would in fact make it a "fuck white people" party.

Well apparently in the minds of some if no white people are present at those parties that would in fact make it a "fuck white people" party.

I'm SO screwed. lol

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Nothing says Christmas like slaves and whores.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/314...eatured_videos
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post

Funny thing is, if not for the signs, probably could have gotten away with it. Minus the signs, it's basically a group photo at Acapulcos. Which I realize most of you probably don't know, it's an upscale chain Mexican restaurant. But if it's your birthday, they drop the hat and serape on you and start singing.

But the signs completely ruin it. Like, the costumes you could potentially argue it's a bit cleaner than it is. But the signs squash that shit real fast.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Funny thing is, if not for the signs, probably could have gotten away with it. Minus the signs, it's basically a group photo at Acapulcos. Which I realize most of you probably don't know, it's an upscale chain Mexican restaurant. But if it's your birthday, they drop the hat and serape on you and start singing.

But the signs completely ruin it. Like, the costumes you could potentially argue it's a bit cleaner than it is. But the signs squash that shit real fast.
    LMAO!! Exactly.

They could have at least have attempted to be subtle about it.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec