Page 345 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 2452953353413423433443453463473483493553954458451345 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 33533
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Bendis!

It gives us a fantastic opportunity to re-establish what mutants mean in this new world." The writer referenced Chris Claremont's run that dealt a lot with race, and "Uncanny" is an opportunity to take a new look at that concept in a modern context with new mutants.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42623

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Dats a gd lukin trailer & we'll gv d director anotha shot bcuz we/SZ r dedicated fans of his Unbreakable movie...though d Last Airbender was absolutely horrid.

Edit:

So d competition is on btwn Will/Jaden's After Earth & Cruise's Oblivion.

I saw this!! It looks awesome!

Oh arena....tmw will be so interesting.

Also sucks for that newscaster
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dumb cop shoots into car over shoplifter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-children.html

As I posted on a friends FB ...I can understand being scared about someone gonna run you over with their car backing up. But the force used here was completely over the line. The cop when he was hit with a purse should have went outside and got the tag number wrote down once they wouldn't stop inside the store. He could have killed some kids (as they were in the car) and could have possibly hit the driver and the car hit more innocent people in the parking lot.

In fact a show I watched about shop lifters had security guards for stores detail they are not to go into the streets with people. Once those people walk out into the streets , anything could happen ...and it could be pretty bad. They ask to keep them in the store at best. Once it went outside the cop should have got the tag number and called for units to stop the women.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    And exactly what rule did she break? Her response was very matter of fact. Wow.
    There are an increasing number of companies these days that are prohibiting their employees from posting work related comments on Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter. Although, I "thought" the law was that each employee had to sign some sort of document beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I'm not saying it's not a problem. I'm saying that the idea that no writers of color are hired for "non-Black" sitcoms is not true, especially when you say that there's been no Black man writing on a major network comedy since Donald Glover left 30 Rock when Hannibal Burress is a staff writer for the show and Keith Powell (Toofer) has written here and there for them. I chose the two shows mentioned on the last page of this thread, 30 Rock and Parks and Rec, to illustrate that point.

I want more representation as much as everyone else in this thread. I don't think you need to make stuff up to point out the problem.

(And I love Hannibal Burress, and felt he deserved a shoutout. Funniest comedian around at the moment.)
    For the record I actually forgot about those two. I generally pay network tv no attention since they are so quick to ax a show especially those with POC. But thanks for correcting me.

Songbird is already going at it on Tumblr. Still Genki as we discussed earlier another thing to hold against marvel on the diversity front.
    They might need to shut the Marvel board down for the rest of the week. Because the trolls will be out in full force begging for that same thing to happen to someone with links to Captain America family.

Folks that enjoyed the story for the content might as well take the day off because they will not be heard tomorrow.

Did Marvel not see what happened the last time a book tried shock value story telling? Didn't John Rozom warn us about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    There are an increasing number of companies these days that are prohibiting their employees from posting work related comments on Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter. Although, I "thought" the law was that each employee had to sign some sort of document beforehand.
    It depends on what the subject matter is. For most companies it's not posting negative comments about the company or bashing it.

Now some will have rules about posting certain things like pics of you at a party with drunk kids or stuff that if you had common sense you wouldn't post in the first place.

I don't see how that post broke any rule. All it did was explain something-it didn't insult anyone. I'm sure if you look around on that facebook page-you will find way worst.

Heck some of the stuff employees of major companies and even colleges post about Travon Martin is worst.

Well it will give us a chance to test of certain posters really care about POC or of it alll just cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dumb cop shoots into car over shoplifter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-children.html

As I posted on a friends FB ...I can understand being scared about someone gonna run you over with their car backing up. But the force used here was completely over the line. The cop when he was hit with a purse should have went outside and got the tag number wrote down once they wouldn't stop inside the store. He could have killed some kids (as they were in the car) and could have possibly hit the driver and the car hit more innocent people in the parking lot.

In fact a show I watched about shop lifters had security guards for stores detail they are not to go into the streets with people. Once those people walk out into the streets , anything could happen ...and it could be pretty bad. They ask to keep them in the store at best. Once it went outside the cop should have got the tag number and called for units to stop the women.
    I recall a story where a person was shot for moving a bible off of his wallet at a police stop, i believe the older gent was shot 20+ times/

Do bibles look like guns?
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For the record I actually forgot about those two. I generally pay network tv no attention since they are so quick to ax a show especially those with POC. But thanks for correcting me.

They might need to shut the Marvel board down for the rest of the week. Because the trolls will be out in full force begging for that same thing to happen to someone with links to Captain America family.

Folks that enjoyed the story for the content might as well take the day off because they will not be heard tomorrow.

Did Marvel not see what happened the last time a book tried shock value story telling? Didn't John Rozom warn us about that?
    Tomorrow, we all need to take a page from the final scene of this season's finale of Boardwalk Empire and make ourselves nigh invisible. It's going to be a slaughterhouse.

If I post tomorrow, it's going to be here and here only.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Most of these local TV networks allow their employees to have twitter accounts to interact with viewers. I know they do in my city. Also if the "rule" that she supposedly broke isn't in the employee handbook, how could she have broken it?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I have a phrase: The Struggle is Real.

If this doesn't scream institutionalized racism (I mean, unwritten rules? C'mon son), I don't know what does.
    Well, I checked my "racism in the 21st Century" handbook and it says that doesn't count because the n-word wasn't uttered at any point. According to the handbook even a slur directed at her wouldn't be enough unless it could be proven (by the alleged "victim") that the utterance of the word wasn't a joke, she'd also need at least 3 white males to support the claim that the word was used in a derogatory way.

until that criteria is met any claims of discrimination are to be disregarded and alleged "victims" of said discrimination are to be seen as opportunistic oversensitive race baiters that are the REAL racists.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well it will give us a chance to test of certain posters really care about POC or of it alll just cover.
    I'm sure that some will make excuses.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I recall a story where a person was shot for moving a bible off of his wallet at a police stop, i believe the older gent was shot 20+ times/

Do bibles look like guns?
    I don't know about Bibles but it's been shown that wallets apparently look like guns. Recent events have shown the possibility that loud music generates phantom images of shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I'm sure that some will make excuses.
    No doubt.

Still now I need YA to dominate AA and AA to fail. Otherwise teen characters will be permanently screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I don't know about Bibles but it's been shown that wallets apparently look like guns. Recent events have shown the possibility that loud music generates phantom images of shotguns.
    Indeed it does