Page 335 of 2237 FirstFirst ... 2352853253313323333343353363373383393453854358351335 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 33541
  1. #5011
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    DC seems to have amended the marketing errors it made with Blue Beetle, Mr. Teriffic, Static and Voodoo.
    How since Static and anything Milestone related has been MIA since before/during/after his comic ended( the guy who helped kill it is currently now doing something with Blue Beetle, such confidence after a colossal screw up McDaniel gets another crack at a ethnic hero ) and that's not even including DC letting folks believe it's because of Milestone that Young Justice got pulled from air. Terrific is now being jobbed out in a alternate universe which is DC's excuse to say "hey we have ethnic heroes, so much so that they're all in another universe and have no bearing on the main universe we're pushing hard ) and Voodoo has the honor of being the co-publisher's creation( even one of his buddies took her after her series tanked )

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Katana and Vibe will be part of the upcoming Justice League of America book. That connection will get those titles more fan interest that just releasing them as solo books, unconnected to anything fans care about.

    Marvel for its part has yet to create any more solo books for any POCs or (GLBT characters after the DAKEN book tanked).

    It's hard to argue against DC recent efforts on the page.

    Now if we want to talk about writers and editors, that is another issue.

    Except they're loosely connected( if even that at all since at this point it's just been said not shown ), if you don't care about them in the JLA book( and minority heroes are a tough sell to a DC fan as it is ) what is the incentive to get their solo( like Batwing during his brief JLI affiliation ). It's also known that Marvel prefers to work with teams which at least let's it be easier to have the few featured POC they have where if they get a solo and it fails there's not the sudden appearance of limbo which DC does with all of theirs since there's rarely any place for them to go when things get rough unless they just get banished to a alternate universe

    But hey at least DC hugs and kisses you in a effort to pretend like they like you while they screw you unlike Marvel who just screws you then tells you to beat it huh

  2. #5012
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Sure team books. Like Avengers Arena where we can all watch POC get killed. Who wants to bet they kill a POC first?

    Not to mention Marvel has the greatest POC Solo Fail. Blade. Static had a cartoon series. Blade had 3 Movies, A TV show and an anime.

    Point being neither company deserves a medal.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 12-08-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  3. #5013
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Sure team books. Like Avengers Arena where we can all watch POC get killed. Who wants to bet they kill a POC first?

    Not to mention Marvel has the greatest POC Solo Fail. Blade. Static had a cartoon series. Blade had 3 Movies, A TV show and an anime.

    Point being neither company deserves a medal.
    You get no argument from me but it's funny that one at least gets a edge above the other when I've been saying no they both suck equally

  4. #5014
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Sure team books. Like Avengers Arena where we can all watch POC get killed. Who wants to bet they kill a POC first?

    Not to mention Marvel has the greatest POC Solo Fail. Blade. Static had a cartoon series. Blade had 3 Movies, A TV show and an anime.

    Point being neither company deserves a medal.
    Rumor has it that spoilers:
    Mettle
    end of spoilers is killed in the first issue.

    Even worst, X-23 is gutting Hazmat in the preview pages.

    And even better. The new characters are mainly blonde white guys.

    Isn't it great that Academy, a book with no straight white males is trimming down on the ethnicity? So help me if Kid Britain survives.

  5. #5015
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    How many new characters have we seen? I know Kid Cap B is white and so is Deathlocket but do we know about any of the other 5? Presumably they all come from that new school.



    I am aware of the rumor.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  6. #5016
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    How many new characters have we seen? I know Kid Cap B is white and so is Deathlocket but do we know about any of the other 5? Presumably they all come from that new school.

    I am aware of the rumor.
    There are 16 kids.

    1) Mettle
    2) Hazmat
    3) Reptil
    4) Chase
    5) Nico
    6) Darkhawk
    7) Cammi
    8) Juston And his Sentinel
    9) X-23
    10) Kid Britain
    11) Deathlockette
    12) Axe guy
    13) Lightning Girl thing
    14) Hawkgirl
    15) Unknown
    16) Unknown

    And I'm already calling it. Survivors will be
    X-23, Reptil, Chase with Darkhawk armor, Cammi cause people have raging hardons for those boring space marine girls, and two new characters, probably Kid Britain.

    Just watch this happen. I'll freaking shriek.

  7. #5017
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    True either Chase or Cammi will get the Darkhawk armor. U think Nico is going to die? At this point Cap B Jr and Deathlockette given who has been getting promoted on covers.

    Yeah that is a lot of white males. Chase, Juston, Cap B Jr, and Axe Guy. Still a 50% survival rate for White Males. While POC get 25% would be rather disgusting.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  8. #5018
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    True either Chase or Cammi will get the Darkhawk armor. U think Nico is going to die? At this point Cap B Jr and Deathlockette given who has been getting promoted on covers.

    Yeah that is a lot of white males. Chase, Juston, Cap B Jr, and Axe Guy. Still a 50% survival rate for White Males. While POC get 25% would be rather disgusting.
    It really bugs me because it's so unfair. You know that the writer is going to have a clear bias. Notice how he always talks about Cammi and Darkhawk, yet never discussed Mettle or Hazmat?

    And Deathlockette will die in the issue she debuts in. It's painfully obvious.

    I honestly hope the book kills X-23. Most of the fans of the book are only reading for her. If she dies, then they would know what it feels like to lose a fan favorite.

  9. #5019
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Hazmat will live until day 29 which is better then I thought. Still from little writing I have seen she is out of character and assuming the spoiler happens then she is super out of character. Her in character response given that would be going nuclear anything less is OOC.

    Although u know I could see them giving Reptil's amulet to Chase and giving Darkhawk to Cammi. That would be super annoying. Still maybe hopeless will use those last two slots to create some good minority characters, I doubt it though.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  10. #5020
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Hazmat will live until day 29 which is better then I thought. Still from little writing I have seen she is out of character and assuming the spoiler happens then she is super out of character. Her in character response given that would be going nuclear anything less is OOC.

    Although u know I could see them giving Reptil's amulet to Chase and giving Darkhawk to Cammi. That would be super annoying. Still maybe hopeless will use those last two slots to create some good minority characters, I doubt it though.
    I don't have any faith in the book.

    iFanboy called it fun, and Aaron says it's his favorite Marvel Now #1. Which means it's probably overly whacky and more about absurdities than the tragedy that THESE CHARACTERS ARE F******* DYING!!!

    But of course Marvel doesn't want to show this book has dignity. They want to play it up like people want these characters to die.

    God, this book will be everything wrong with the medium.

  11. #5021
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Well for the spoiler on one had Mettle's not any covers which suggests validity on the other hand Hopeless did explicitly state Arcade is not directly killing anyone and it would seem strange to lie about that when it happens in the first issue.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  12. #5022
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Well for the spoiler on one had Mettle's not any covers which suggests validity on the other hand Hopeless did explicitly state Arcade is not directly killing anyone and it would seem strange to lie about that when it happens in the first issue.
    Although, most places says there's 15 kids, while others say 16...

  13. #5023
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Most say 15 kids and Darkhawk (who is not a kid age wise).
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  14. #5024
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Most say 15 kids and Darkhawk (who is not a kid age wise).
    Either way, series is unneeded and only intends to destroy.

  15. #5025
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,530

    Default

    Oh indeed. Although will all new characters it might have been interesting.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •