Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Daken a Rapist?

When was Daken depicted as a serial rapist?

o

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    When was Daken depicted as a serial rapist?

o

It's Star Fox syndrome. As in, there was a disconnect between how the creators depicted it, and the implications it carried.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    It's Star Fox syndrome. As in, there was a disconnect between how the creators depicted it, and the implications it carried.
    He had pheromone based powers that seduced people; that meant that he was raping them since they were impaired in choosing to sleep with him. Got it.

o

Yeah, Stern certainly didn't intend for Starfox/Eros to be Captain Roofie.

In Daken's case it was probably thought by the writers to be the LEAST reprehensible thing that Daken does.
    Dude is a killing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yeah, Stern certainly didn't intend for Starfox/Eros to be Captain Roofie.

In Daken's case it was probably thought by the writers to be the LEAST reprehensible thing that Daken does.
    Dude is a killing machine.
    True. His moral event horizon had long past.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

As far as the other stuff goes Daken's powers pretty much mean that anybody who has sex with him had it non consentually. That is they were raped.
    Since Daken is an evil S.O.B. with no ethical qualms about this power (or its use/misuse) he's doesn't get the benefit
    of the doubt that the similarly powered Starfox got (and, at least Starfox got rid of his power when he realized its effed up implications).
    Ahhhh... the assumption was based off his pheromones (for a moment I thought there was massive stories I missed; PHEW!!!). Daken's pheromones, as far as I'm aware, can only "influence"; i.e. tip the scale, but they cannot make people do something they don't, deep down WANT to do. Daken couldn't use his pheromones to get Karla to attack the Fantastic Four, because she didn't have any desire to... he COULD use his pheromones to get Ares to do it (because Ares was WANTING to do it; he just wasn't). It's akin to alcohol, rather than drugs. It doesn't alter the mind, it merely removed inhabitation. No-one does anything drunk that (on some level) they don't want to do (obviously I'm not meaning passed-out; or near incoherant). Accusing Daken of being a serial rapist, is like accusing every guy or girl who have ever had sex with someone after a drink, of being a serial rapist. It's BAD logic. A better example is Karma is a lesbian. Daken's pheromones couldn't make her sleep with him, because she has no desire to.

There is no evidence in any Daken appearance that he's ever MADE anyone have sex with him who didn't want to. All those who he's slept with (the two Osborn clerks, Mystique, the Claw Killer) all WANTED to sleep with him. Can you think any a single example of someone making it clear after that they were unhappy it happened?

So Dakan gets no sympathy because he is an unrepentant serial rapist and B) as a Wolverine knockoff he diminishes that character's(Wolverine) value.
    I think vast over-exposure, cannon hypocrisy and the growth of characters that kill; diminish Wolverine. Daken really doesn't.
    Last edited by Brian Cronin; 12-06-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    It's akin to alcohol, rather than drugs. It doesn't alter the mind, it merely removed inhabitation. No-one does anything drunk that (on some level) they don't want to do. Accusing Daken of being a serial rapist, is like accusing every guy or girl who have ever had sex with someone after a drink, of being a serial rapist. It's BAD logic.

Oh god...

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Well Looks like Frost revealed true colors in this thread. More Anti Black Bais and a justification of Rape. Why don't u just copy the Repubs and say some girls rape easy.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I'm not sure it wasn't intended with Daken.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Oh god...
    Yeah. Someone sounds like they're trying to convince themselves of something.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Oh god...
    Yea what the fuck is that nonsense.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Double post.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Yea what the fuck is that nonsense.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ahhhh... the assumption was based off his pheromones (for a moment I thought there was massive stories I missed; PHEW!!!). Daken's pheromones, as far as I'm aware, can only "influence"; i.e. tip the scale, but they cannot make people do something they don't, deep down WANT to do. Daken couldn't use his pheromones to get Karla to attack the Fantastic Four, because she didn't have any desire to... he COULD use his pheromones to get Ares to do it (because Ares was WANTING to do it; he just wasn't). It's akin to alcohol, rather than drugs. It doesn't alter the mind, it merely removed inhabitation. No-one does anything drunk that (on some level) they don't want to do. Accusing Daken of being a serial rapist, is like accusing every guy or girl who have ever had sex with someone after a drink, of being a serial rapist. It's BAD logic. A better example is Karma is a lesbian. Daken's pheromones couldn't make her sleep with him, because she has no desire to.
    This paragragh is full of crap. So all these drunk people who drive their cars and crash into other cars, poles and trees did so because they want to?
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Yeah. Someone sounds like they're trying to convince themselves of something.
    Right.