Page 322 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 2222723123183193203213223233243253263323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 33560
    BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    So I added Sifís recent adventures from ďJourney Into MysteryĒ to my pull list... I donít know why I thought it was supposed to be released in January.
    To be 100% honest, I think Iím hopelessly attracted to her badass character design more than anything (which is what keeps me buying anything and everything Sif-related), because her actual personality/adventures are always dull as hell. I must say, Iím glad theyíre exploring something a little different with her character. The bloodlust thing is weird, but at least itís something that hasnít been done with her before. Though Iím pretty surethat by the end of the arc weíll just end right back up at square one with her same old boring self, lol.
    But yay for the spotlight. Asguardian women rock.
    So pleased you picked it up, I LOVED IT! I was a massive fan of Gillen's run, so the bar was set very hight; but this first issues really impressed me. It was still playful and intelligent, but in a different way (which is a GOOD thing, it's not trying to copy Gillen). Great art; and I'm THRILLED Marvel is pumping so much effort into female comics right now. Captain Marvel, Journey into Mystery; and the upcoming Uncanny X-force and Fearless Defenders.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

It gets called forced when it's us. You don't hear that with Blue Beetle, Katanna, Vibe, Arab GL, Alan Scott, Grifter, Midnighter, Voodoo, Vixen or others.

Okay, one of these things is not like the other, one of these things (seemingly) doesn't belong

are you saying this on the basis of Grifter having a solo title, cause I'll debate anybody on that, or on the basis of him being some sort of minority and being forced on us?

cause I can see the points for his solo being forced (even though he's had two prev series, few team-ups and several miniseries IIRC) but in the New 52 landscape, I feel him and Voodoo were the two WildCATS best suited for a solo series, and with it canceled, I seem to be one of the few who felt that way
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    the tumblr is a good reminder of how many vag shots there are on the covers

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Okay, one of these things is not like the other, one of these things (seemingly) doesn't belong

are you saying this on the basis of Grifter having a solo title, cause I'll debate anybody on that, or on the basis of him being some sort of minority and being forced on us?

cause I can see the points for his solo being forced (even though he's had two prev series, few team-ups and several miniseries IIRC) but in the New 52 landscape, I feel him and Voodoo were the two WildCATS best suited for a solo series, and with it canceled, I seem to be one of the few who felt that way
    If Grifter is a minority its news to me.

Of course in the Nu52 ANYTHING is possible.

He may have been rebooted into a Hispanic and I just didn't notice.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. There are people working in the comic book industry who are perfectly fine with and accepting of one or more minority groups, but are completely hateful/prejudice towards another group. Fore example, there are people in the industry who accept and GLBT people, but hate black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Okay I get the others but the very last one with the White Queen, what? I don't see the difference!
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Honestly frost your willful ignorance is starting to grate.

New Avngers absolutely sucks diversity. The team membership is limited by concept.

Young avengers though by putting Mac on the team gillen Eliminates the need for everyone to be a legacy of an avenger and therefore allows any young adult to be put on the team.

Hickman added 2 characters to the NA. BP and Beast. Gillen added 3 two of those beig white males vs 1 from Hickman

Still maybe I am just annoyed that the second highest total POC is in a kill fest book. I mean it is interesting they sent most of the POC from AA to die but none of the white LGBTs. Spoilers not helping My rage
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Also frost you say it's the same put its not when was the last te marvel railroaded or brutally killed off an lgbt character?

Personally I can count two although at least phyla went down swinging sure beats getting crucified on the x-men's front lawn.

Are you guys really going to have a "my group takes more shit than your group" contest? Really?
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...man-Q-A/page25

Whoaw....JH just said:

2. I'd like to see the New Orleans Avengers.
    ...when askd of any possible spin-offs in d manner of West Coast Avengers.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    I didn't see any mention here but Spain Rodriguez died not that long ago. He died after battling cancer for six years.

Spain Rodriguez was one of the best underground cartoonist who worked on Zap and worked with people like Crumb, S. Clay Wilson, Robert Williams, Gilbert Shelton and others; he was an amazing voice for the Latinos, and also brought a hard-edge and class struggle message to his comics and his drawings. He was one of the few cartoonist who got better who age and never lost his edge.

I highly recommend you all check out Trashman, Che, Nightmare Alley, and My True Story.

Learn more about him here:
    http://www.tcj.com/spain-rodriguez-f...he-good-fight/
    http://www.tcj.com/spain-rodriguez-tributes/
    Bumping this because how important Spain is.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Are you guys really going to have a "my group takes more shit than your group" contest? Really?
    I agree with Michael, that's not a road we should be going for at all.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    Bumping this because how important Spain is.
    I need to do more research on Spain's work, so thanks for the bump.

I'm working on a comic book project that deals with struggles of class, race, and gender, but is not within the superhero genre. So his work may be right up my alley.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Ah class, race, gender, sexual orientation, relegion, age and disabilities all important but hard to do eapeifallg when you factor in country and even regions within