Page 304 of 2254 FirstFirst ... 2042542943003013023033043053063073083143544048041304 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 33805
  1. #4546

    Default

    Silverzeal, you do know that Legion lost is being cancelled right? That's why I want them back on the team, and I believe they won't simply be background characters. None of them were that before the revamp (with the only possiblity being tyroc because levitz doesn't like him.) The Legion isn't like the X-men, where they focus only on the WASP characters and everybody else barely gets screen time. He writes the team as an actual team, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, no one member is greater than another, even Mon-El. In fact, some of the newer stories have focused on Dragonwing, Chemical Kid, and Glorith.

  2. #4547
    Type-Fisted Murtiliza T'Jai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Productionville, CA
    Posts
    621

    Default

    This reminds me that I have to go through my Pull list and figure out what I'm buying lol but I spend around 65 (without the subscription discount) a week on books I'll have the list up by the end of the week...
    I ain't called "harsh reality guy" cause I got the t-shirt. sarcasm is a way of life, it helps me not hurt people.
    more of the same+on FaceBook

  3. #4548
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Did Vescell #8 ever come out?.
    No both the writer and artist are catching up on other stuff, at least I think that's what the writer himself said in the Vescell thread over at the Image boards

  4. #4549
    Say WHAT?!?!?!? FanboyStranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Silverzeal, you do know that Legion lost is being cancelled right? That's why I want them back on the team, and I believe they won't simply be background characters. None of them were that before the revamp (with the only possiblity being tyroc because levitz doesn't like him.) The Legion isn't like the X-men, where they focus only on the WASP characters and everybody else barely gets screen time. He writes the team as an actual team, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, no one member is greater than another, even Mon-El. In fact, some of the newer stories have focused on Dragonwing, Chemical Kid, and Glorith.
    Actually, Levitz has turned around on Tyroc. He used him quite a bit in the Legion series that preceded the relaunch.

    His problem with the character in the past were two fold: 1) he felt his sonic powers were not particularly useful (which he rethought for that Legion run that preceded the relaunch in some interesting ways); 2) ideologically, he felt that the idea of a segregated Black society felt off in a future that was almost completely integrated across worlds.

  5. #4550
    for the lulz 7thangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,662

    Default

    i know a question was brought up awhile ago about the movie "Lincoln". here's an article pointing to the issue some have on accuracy and agency (especially when the movie is largely based on a bio from Kearns).

    Steven Spielberg’s White Men of Democracy

    the article and the links within are worth a read

  6. #4551
    Forever Hooligan Genki Sudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i know a question was brought up awhile ago about the movie "Lincoln". here's an article pointing to the issue some have on accuracy and agency (especially when the movie is largely based on a bio from Kearns).

    Steven Spielberg’s White Men of Democracy

    the article and the links within are worth a read
    Going to email this link to myself so I can read it while at work

  7. #4552
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,465

    Default

    Will any1 b piking up Dynamite's MASKS(kato & Zorro r part of d cast)? Has or did any pik-up NUMBER 13(came-out last wk)?

  8. #4553
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    Wow....that is a crazy cast of characters. And very much awesome!

  9. #4554
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,819

    Default

    Masks looks really good.

    Two questions, is the guy with the Web mask supposed to be the Spider and if this is set in the 30's that has to be one of Zorro's decendants.

    Or Zorro has learned how to not age. He would be about 100 by the time of the pulp heroes.

  10. #4555
    TROLL KILLA Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    13,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Wow....that is a crazy cast of characters. And very much awesome!
    Agreed 100%
    Brother Chaos Bringer

    Professional TROLL killer

    Awww! YoU caught my logic slug. Did it hurt your brain?

  11. #4556
    Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    13,790

    Default

    I'm so hyped for Masks.

    The Shadow has been awesome, and Spyder has been great too.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."


    - Stanisław Jerzy Lec

    http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

  12. #4557
    More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    I need to visit South America.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

  13. #4558
    Elder Member SilverZeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Wow....that is a crazy cast of characters. And very much awesome!
    Agreed!


    Vic Vega:

    Masks looks really good.
    Co-signd!
    Two questions, is the guy with the Web mask supposed to be the Spider
    Yup...d same 1 currently written by d kool David Liss(BP:MWF, BP:MDMA, Mystery Men)!

    and if this is set in the 30's that has to be one of Zorro's decendants.

    Or Zorro has learned how to not age. He would be about 100 by the time of the pulp heroes.
    Most likely 1 of Zorro's descendants...though we/SZ mostly like d semi-immortal idea.

  14. #4559
    Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Troll Graveyard
    Posts
    9,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    I need to visit South America.
    Yeah...me too...

  15. #4560

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •