Page 290 of 2238 FirstFirst ... 1902402802862872882892902912922932943003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 33557

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    So did any1 pik-up DC COMIX PRESENTS #13- BLACK LIGHTNING & BLUE DEVIL?

Thoughts?
    Nope, I'm done buying DC books

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Most of your celebs keep falling down because they have enablers that encourage them and never hold them accountable.

The issue with us-we want to cuss everybody out and yell racism towards those who don't like what we have done wrong.
    I had no idea about Mosby and the murder charge, and it was almost twenty some years ago? Damn. But, true enough, there's a level of enabler mentality in regards to genuine criminality among the Black Community because of knee jerk instinct to attach racism accusations to everything when its not legitimate if that's what you meant (I barely remember the R. Kelly fiasco beyond what he did, but if it was anything like it was parodied in the Boondocks, then...). Obviously, no one will set them straight, a stigma of celebrity --- the belief that they do no wrong until its convenient to take a fall for media PR and whatnot --- and most never see themselves in the wrong in the first place. Others just end up in unfortunate situations as a result of error/poor judgement on their part. I'm more embarrassed/appalled by the laundry list of stupidity committed by these people than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And on the comic front-
    Priest Black Panther 60 & 6 have joined the collection thanks to a book store's 50 cent comic day.

And a new addition has been added to the black action figure family-

http://bimg1.mlstatic.com/ultimate-s...687_102012.jpg

Interesting enough Miles's name is NEVER mentioned. And even more insulting to DC is that Marvel can get 4 Miles Morales figures made in LESS than 1 year but we can't get 1 released.
    That's the figure Comics Alliance announced way back in April, right? The original source page in regards to that doesn't mention him by name, it just calls him Ultimate Spider-Man, which didn't necessarily strike me as odd right off the bat.

EDIT: BTW, has anyone been playing (or watching) Telltale Games' Walking Dead? Just watched the last episode and I was in legit tears. I can't wait to buy this game.
    Last edited by Ballard Blues; 11-21-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.
    - Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    So did any1 pik-up DC COMIX PRESENTS #14- BLACK LIGHTNING & BLUE DEVIL?

Thoughts?
    I bought it, but haven't read it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post
    EDIT: BTW, has anyone been playing (or watching) Telltale Games' Walking Dead? Just watched the last episode and I was in legit tears. I can't wait to buy this game.
    I watch it, but haven't seen the latest one.

Hmmm...I'm noticing a pattern.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Starz Cancels 'Boss' After 2 Seasons
    Television
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    November 20, 2012 1:26 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...fter-2-seasons

Y'ALL SHUD READ DIS....

New Details Of Chaos On The Set Of 'Blade: Trinity' Indicate Production Was Doomed From The Start
    News
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    November 20, 2012 8:07 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...from-the-start

First Trailer For 'The Black Line: A Profile Of The African-American Woman' (From 'Dark Girls' Director/Producer)
    News
    by Courtney
    November 19, 2012 3:43 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ector-producer

Preview 'Shell Shocked: A Documentary About Growing Up In The Murder Capital Of America'
    News
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    November 20, 2012 4:01 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...tal-of-america

Gatdamn, Lennie James is a busy guy...

It Looks Like Morgan Jones (Played By Lennie James) Will Be Returning To 'The Walking Dead'
    Television
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    November 21, 2012 10:34 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...e-walking-dead

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Nope, I'm done buying DC books
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude....y?

Its not bcuz of Static, is it?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    "If I didna wannt get pissed on Ida moved outta the way!"

LOL
    "See?! I told you!"
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

November: The Month of Black Consciousness in Brazil. Video of Afro-Brazilian historical figures
    Thursday, November 1, 2012

http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/20...ciousness.html

Monday, February 6, 2012- Black men, white women in Brazil: Although common, still a taboo

http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/20...in-brazil.html

Wednesday, October 17, 2012- Number of Brazilians declaring themselves preta (black) increases to 16 million

http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/20...declaring.html

"(I'm) very happy! My nega (negra) Rebeca, 7 years old, was asked by her teacher about her color. "Rebeca, you're moreninha, right?" asked the teacher. Rebeca replied, "No teacher, morena doesn't exist. I am black with a lighter skin tone."

Thursday, September 20, 2012- 80% of Brazil's new middle class is black and upper and upper-middle class consumers are none too pleased about it

http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/20...-is-black.html

Really(BELOW)...

Friday, September 28, 2012- Why do black Brazilian men prefer blondes? Part 1

http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/20...en-prefer.html

Friday, September 28, 2012- Why do black Brazilian men prefer blondes? Part 2
    http://www.blackwomenofbrazil.com/20...prefer_28.html

Default Self-Reflection Time

Time for what could become a heated question.

Are Black Posters on this forum hypocrites? Looking back on the Uncanny Avenger cast expansion thread and seeing that accusation fly, I have to wonder is there some truth to it, or is it just another instance of what looks to be an increasingly blatant double standard?

And let's keep our answers honest and free of vendettas, please?
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post

Are Black Posters on this forum hypocrites? Looking back on the Uncanny Avenger cast expansion thread and seeing that accusation fly, I have to wonder is there some truth to it, or is it just another instance of what looks to be an increasingly blatant double standard?

Am I going to have to use the sandwich analogy again? Maybe the Ice Cream one?

When you are a paying customer you can ask for stuff/express a preference.

As long as you put your money where your mouth is.

I at least try to: I bought Voodoo Child, Batwing, Blue Beetle, Static & Mr. Terrific. Currently buying Blue Devil & Black Lightning, Guarding the Globe and Shadowman.

This isn't rocket science.

Well as a participant I have to admit it got out of hand but I think part of what causes explosions is no one wants to back down when they get in a fight leading to quick and rapid escalation. Although why are you only calling out the Black Posters? I mean screw that minority male characters (black males in particular) have gotten screwed hard especially since Decimation.

Nice Brazil Focus.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Sudan

it's not an extensive wiki article but it does bring up known issues in Sudan

http://500wordsmag.com/social/racism...ultural-trait/

there is more info from Sudanese and South Sudanese (before they became independent and broke away from the current Sudan)
    The situation in Sudan is waaaay more complicated than that. You have Khartoum fighting Muslim Nubians, Khartoum fighting Darfur Muslim, Khartoum fighting southern black africans. You had black southern politicians allying themselves with Khartoum despite Khartoum's war machine in their province, you had Khartoum denying an incursion into their territory by Libya despite all the evidence which was a catalyst between a three way war between Libya, Chad, and Darfur. There is a lot of self-interest from certain people on all sides in creating all of this war that goes way beyond any notions of Muslim vs Christian or Arab vs African.

To explain the war in the South as racism doesnt explain the conflict at all otherwise there would be no war in Eastern Nigeria but both have been going on for decades in resource rich areas of country by resource poor areas of the country.

ironically khartoum was also the friendliest and most welcoming place I have been to.

On calling someone a slave in Africa - slavery still exists and is pretty widespread in Mauretania and Niger. From my experience in Burkina Faso its not unusual for a person from one ethnic group to call someone from another ethnic group a slave - historically certain ethnic groups would enslave people from smaller groups. The times I witnessed it though it was all done in jest though as a legacy of history
    Last edited by dr chimp; 11-22-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    I've been keeping up with this series, and it's pretty dope. I'm diggin' the characters and (although I have no idea where the hell its going,) the plot.
    Agreed. Transguardians costume isn't good and the girl who played Miss Mighty couldn't act, but those don't ruin the show and it's a low budgeted web series so I can't really complain. The creators are doing something that hasn't been done yet: a live action show focusing on black superheroes!

I could honestly see BET airing something like this.
    Definitely don't see that happening. Unless their programming has improved dramatically in the last few years (I haven't watched anything on that channel in a while), that is. Maybe TV One or one of the other burgeoning networks, like Magic Johnson's.
    Last edited by G. Boney; 11-22-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post

You know what? There could be. I mean, I've been clear about my support for all diversity, but I do bring up that it is sexual and racial diversity that is the biggest issue (when it comes to gender diversity, there are teams with plenty of females, and of course none from the non-binary sexes, but there needs to be more solos in Marvel. Oh, and better portrayals of course), but since I do try to defend other people's post when I feel like another poster is trying to shut down the discussion due to their biases, there are times when I can't see it. And maybe some of what I say contradicts a previous post. People change, and/or make mistakes.

But it's been drowned out by a whole megaton of misunderstanding and backlash. Namely at the BP fans, which has extended to "black posters" in general. It's like when they find out that you are black, that means your word is either sexist or hetero-biased.

HERE is the biggest problem though. They think we are a hivemind about this issue of diversity. That we all agree on the same ideas. That is not true whatsoever. They also think that if there is only one black male on a team, we are automatically happy. That, at least for me, is far from true. It's 2012, and we are still using the "less than three minority" rule? That's not going to bring the racial inclusion we are looking for. Every team being a rainbow of diversity is not the answer. That's a cop out.

To really set up that racial inclusion there should be teams where there are more than two of a racial minority, and they should be able to interact. And not just talk about white people. This is what McDuffie wanted, so that one minority character does not represent a race.
    Last edited by Double 0; 11-22-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

There's another issue. When some posters have considered us a "hivemind", the have claimed a sense of superiority over us. Implicit or explicit. I'm not going to name names, but it pretty much shows in how they deal with topics of diversity, and posters who frequent them. They try to dismiss it as below them, or the posters as "unreasonable". That we all have the same idea, which is automatically the wrong one contrary to our numerous opinions on the topic.

And of course, the typical "we hate white people" shit.

They say we are non-negotiable. Unreasonable. However, they are the ones who resort to the name calling, poster-accusing, dismissing, and outright bile way quicker than we do. I mean, yes, some of us are quicker to send an argument into the wrong territory, but the ratio is uneven in that regard.

Now, I'll personally apologize if some of my posts as of late (not in this thread, but in others) have led to more heated discussions. I have done my best to avoid breaking forum rules and keep the debate as a debate, not a flame war. But even so, we aren't perfect, so if I had any part in how things have gotten out-of-hand as of late, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Double 0; 11-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    The situation in Sudan is waaaay more complicated than that.
    the situation is more complicated anywhere. SZ was wondering why the poster listed Sudan in their post re: racism, which i gave 2 out many links about the very real issue of racism in Sudan. none one brought up the war(s)

On calling someone a slave in Africa - slavery still exists and is pretty widespread in Mauretania and Niger. From my experience in Burkina Faso its not unusual for a person from one ethnic group to call someone from another ethnic group a slave - historically certain ethnic groups would enslave people from smaller groups. The times I witnessed it though it was all done in jest though as a legacy of history
    and others don't view it as a 'joke' or a 'jest', which doesn't excuse the use and who is overwhelmingly the target of the word, especially in the African countries of the north.