Page 285 of 2244 FirstFirst ... 1852352752812822832842852862872882892953353857851285 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 33657
    Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    I wouldn't call it that name to be honest. It has quite bad connotations.
    yeah

that's the nameof a white supremacist forum

and marvel would catch a whole lotta #(#_# for that
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    If it is causing confusion just change the thread name to be more inclusive or other mediums. I've never had a problem with folks talking about movies or tv shows in this thread but I'm not on the thread enough to notice if anyone has a problem with it. The name change is such a simple fix though (if anyone is confused)...so why not just change it.
    Name change it to All Purpose Minority Roundtable Thread: Comics, TV and beyond. That way it would be a catch all thread for all topics dealing with Minorities. be it Comics, Video games, TV, Movies. Sort of like the all political thread..or Out Of Context Thread.

either that or have 3 threads like the Football. College Football. and NFL thread.

Minority issues Comics.
    Minority issues TV
    Minority issues Movies
    Minority Issues Music

That would be a bear to moderate. Wherein one catch all would keep needless repetitive discussion that correlate in one thread.

I mean there is a Community Catch all thread..but if i start discussing Race issues in RITA..i know it would get ugly fast.
    Last edited by RolandJP; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    This is a thread for discussion of minorities in comics. Discussion that goes beyond that, to include genre shows as well, is already more than was agreed to when this thread was started. I let it get too far off track, and I am now correcting my mistake. This is a community FORUM. But this thread has become far too insular. You can discuss nearly everything you already discuss here, only now I'm saying to spread out to other forums and threads for discussions that go beyond the rather broad tent of "geekdom."

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Ok, before I go to PMs, did anyone (outside of Brian I assume) have a problem with how the thread was being handled beforehand? And can we just change the thread title if that is the problem?

I'm asking because I don't know why this is going on.
    No, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    If it is causing confusion just change the thread name to be more inclusive or other mediums. I've never had a problem with folks talking about movies or tv shows in this thread but I'm not on the thread enough to notice if anyone has a problem with it. The name change is such a simple fix though (if anyone is confused)...so why not just change it.
    Agreed... much like how the next iteration of Black Panther's thread will change from "Appreciation Thread" to "Discussion Thread" to cover the broader range of topics generally discussed there. I would assume that a simple name change would solve the issue of this thread as well, especially since this is the Fourth thread of its kind. Brian, I understand that this has evolved into more than you initially anticipated, but why break up the well-established cornerstone of the community forum that this thread has become? That doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by 'Flo; 11-19-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Hey guys, I feel as the threadstarter (of this volume) and a frequent poster in here, I should have some say. I don't have a problem with changing the name of this thread, nor did I have a problem with how it was being handled before.

If the name has to be changed, then I'm totally cool with that
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

[QUOTE=Onyenkwere;16183134][QUOTE=Omegastorm;16181823]One word: Bishop.

I don't think you know enough about those sensibilities to comment on them.

All anyone has to do is look at a majority of your posts to get a good idea as to how disengenuous your position is on this subject.

You're probably one of the biggest hypocrites posting on these here forums wherever the subject of the Black Panther and Storm comes up so forgive me for not taking anything you type here seriously.

Weren't you the one who posted up that fake ass apology over in the BP Appreciation thread admitting that you felt bad for jumping on the hate T'Challa bandwagon until a mod deleted that mess?

When it comes to bitterness you should know all about it since you're well versed in excercising that emotion.

As much as I detest the way BP has been handled after Priest most fans of the character at least have Hickman writing the character now.

When O'snook's gets similar architect treatment holla at me.

Don't bother with that poster, nothing will ever get through so leave him to his fantasy of the exotic creature( see posts in O.Snooks appreciation thread ) and hopes of her not being the second fiddle that she currently is

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Good point. How about either STORM FORCE,STORM'S XSE,STORM AND THE XSE,STORM'S FIRST LINE (which is the name of the superhero group from MARVEL: THE LOST GENERATION maxi series),or STORM AND THE FIRST LINE?
    Storm and the (something) would probably work best maybe. Like Wolverine and the X-Men, or Cable and X-Force.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Storm and the (something) would probably work best maybe. Like Wolverine and the X-Men, or Cable and X-Force.
    Maybe Storm and the New Mutants.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    One word: Bishop.

I don't think you know enough about those sensibilities to comment on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyenkwere View Post
    All anyone has to do is look at a majority of your posts to get a good idea as to how disengenuous your position is on this subject.

You're probably one of the biggest hypocrites posting on these here forums wherever the subject of the Black Panther and Storm comes up so forgive me for not taking anything you type here seriously.

Weren't you the one who posted up that fake ass apology over in the BP Appreciation thread admitting that you felt bad for jumping on the hate T'Challa bandwagon until a mod deleted that mess?

When it comes to bitterness you should know all about it since you're well versed in exercising that emotion.

As much as I detest the way BP has been handled after Priest most fans of the character at least have Hickman writing the character now.

When O'snook's gets similar architect treatment holla at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Don't bother with that poster, nothing will ever get through so leave him to his fantasy of the exotic creature( see posts in O.Snooks appreciation thread ) and hopes of her not being the second fiddle that she currently is
    Hey Genki Sudo, thanks for the good advice.

Debating with sycophants is a waste of time.

Props.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe Storm and the New Mutants.
    Storm and the X-Genocidalists sounds more apt.
    Somedays, I'm quite the humanitarian.

No More Mutants

You failed before you even came at me funny style

African-American women take on the comic book industry(CNN)
    http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11...book-industry/

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Name change it to All Purpose Minority Roundtable Thread: Comics, TV and beyond. That way it would be a catch all thread for all topics dealing with Minorities. be it Comics, Video games, TV, Movies. Sort of like the all political thread..or Out Of Context Thread.

either that or have 3 threads like the Football. College Football. and NFL thread.

Minority issues Comics.
    Minority issues TV
    Minority issues Movies
    Minority Issues Music

That would be a bear to moderate. Wherein one catch all would keep needless repetitive discussion that correlate in one thread.

I mean there is a Community Catch all thread..but if i start discussing Race issues in RITA..i know it would get ugly fast.
    Or...

Minorities and Other Issues in Comics, other media & in (real) life

I thought the /Community in the thread title took care of these issues.

Not seeing the problem here.

Change The Name Then. Minorities and Other Issues in Media for instance. Nice and Simple but no one who actually posts on the thread seems to have a problem with how it works.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    African-American women take on the comic book industry(CNN)
    http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11...book-industry/
    I have the big book on Mrs. Ormes and I recommend it to everyone

http://www.amazon.com/Jackie-Ormes-A...s=jackie+ormes

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

"Minorities and Other Issues in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRIES" Covers comics, film, tv, books, music, theatre...
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."