Page 283 of 2230 FirstFirst ... 1832332732792802812822832842852862872933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 33441

Dammit didnt any of u pledge 4 d Techwatch Animated series on Kickstarters?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ted-web-series

As I understand it, Storm is leading both the new Uncanny X-Force and the present-day team in All-New X-Men.

Tangentially, I've thought it would be a neat twist if the new UXF tracks down Bishop, learns of an even worse threat he's now pursuing, and effectively recruits him.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I'm not going to go any further when it comes to the Storm thing, for the same reason Vic said.

I have a problem with the X-Men concept and how it waters down and skewers the concept of the minority struggle. Storm is a prominent face of this problem, but then again, so are the Summers and Emma Frost for an entirely different reason.

Actually, scratch that, if this is really just a minorities in comics thread, then I guess I have no choice but to.
    Last edited by Double 0; 11-19-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

I honestly forgot about it, sorry it didn't get move funding. I also missed a bid for one of my friend's project so I've been trying to keep up on recent kickstarter projects like Dominion's Light.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whisky, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    I honestly forgot about it, sorry it didn't get move funding. I also missed a bid for one of my friend's project
    Damn, ese...LOL!
    so I've been trying to keep up on recent kickstarter projects like Dominion's Light.
    ...Kool, just dont...u know....4get(u must b pretty damn busy...keep mkin dat green).

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

I don't remember even seeing this one.

What guys like this are going to have to do in the future is a little bit more self promotion: appear at comics shops and the smaller conventions THEN do Kickstarter.

Unless you are actively looking for projects to support on Kickstarter you aren't gonna know that any of these guys even exist.

P.S.: the promo ad for Song of Songs is kinda in poor taste.

Something those guys should be aware of.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 11-19-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I don't remember even seeing this one.

What guys like this are going to have to do in the future is a little bit more self promotion: appear at comics shops and the smaller conventions THEN do Kickstarter.

Unless you are actively looking for projects to support on Kickstarter you aren't gonna know that any of these guys even exist.
    Yeah...u r probably right.

Brandon Easton has repeatedly said d same thing & has done exactly dat.

Bu dammit dat TECHWATCH premise/story is pretty damn gd...it REAAALLY reminds us of Milestone' s Hardware.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard Blues View Post
    So, no more news on what Minorities are doing the genres of television, film and music? Just comics here? :( This thread just got a lot less interesting.
    Perhaps the term "genre show" is not as well known as I thought it was. The term applies to basically all fantasy, science fiction, horror type show. Essentially, all things within spitting distance of comic book discussion. Things that would fall under a general tent of "geekdom."

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Perhaps the term "genre show" is not as well known as I thought it was. The term applies to basically all fantasy, science fiction, horror type show. Essentially, all things within spitting distance of comic book discussion. Things that would fall under a general tent of "geekdom."

-Brian
    Cronin, this is our community thread, though. In the end, this has been a full thread in discussion on diversity of all art forms and we've had tons of great discussions and bonding due to it.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I'm not going to go any further when it comes to the Storm thing, for the same reason Vic said.

I have a problem with the X-Men concept and how it waters down and skewers the concept of the minority struggle. Storm is a prominent face of this problem, but then again, so are the Summers and Emma Frost for an entirely different reason.

Actually, scratch that, if this is really just a minorities in comics thread, then I guess I have no choice but to.
    Your right on the money with that my ninja ...

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

song of songs has reached double digits!

HOORAH oh SZ already reported on that >_>!

so is warpath nowhere to be found in Marvel Now?
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    The only way that a Storm ongoing series has a (small) chance of selling well is if the series was a semi team book with Storm as the leader. Marvel could create a new team book formed and led by Storm called "STORM FRONT" ("Front" being the name of the team). The Front could be comprised of all manner of superhumans (not just mutants) and be an international superhuman police force that would be the successor of the XSE. Get Claremont and Larocca to work on the book and the book just MIGHT sell enough so as not to get canceled.
    I wouldn't call it that name to be honest. It has quite bad connotations.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Cronin, this is our community thread, though. In the end, this has been a full thread in discussion on diversity of all art forms and we've had tons of great discussions and bonding due to it.
    I agree with Greg, I know the name has "in comics" in the thread but it morphed into a place were minorities/non minorities can speak and be informed about many different art form were people of color are seen. To restrict that freedom after all this time limits the already limited lengths of subjects we want to speak on; because it's not always that many topics, which is why we post here in the first. If the name is the issue then I'm all for changing the name so there is no confusion to future posters.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whisky, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis