Page 266 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 1662162562622632642652662672682692702763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 33502

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Damn...I'll kick in next time I get paid, but it doesn't look like it's gonna make the goal...
    Still over 3 wks left....its up2 us 2 spread d word abt Brandon Easton's kickstarter project.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Still over 3 wks left....its up2 us 2 spread d word abt Brandon Easton's kickstarter project.
    I hope he gets there....Im not a huge fan of KickStarter...its begging made trendy

I did donate to Anita Sarkeesians project because that's an issue that seriously needs to be addressed in the online space
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I hope he gets there....Im not a huge fan of KickStarter...its begging made trendy

I did donate to Anita Sarkeesians project because that's an issue that seriously needs to be addressed in the online space
    I have or at least had no issue with Kickstarter until that mess with Blur Studios and the kickstarter for The Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    I have or at least had no issue with Kickstarter until that mess with Blur Studios and the kickstarter for The Goon
    Kickstarters accountability issues are slowly becoming famous

what is Tim Schaefer doing with all that money he raised?
    Support your local roller derby league

Whatever he's doing I hope it's not a sequel to his last game( such a let down )

My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Are you actually denying that the hit show is what made The Walking Dead hugely popular?
    Yep ...basically he is. Of course I'm thinking the only one denying it so far is himself.

The book itself has seen sales go up each year . Last year sales averaged 30,000+ . This past year sales itself have went up 20,000+ more. Which really without a new #1 or new creator change is a rarity in a long running comic series in today's market. Its rare a series gains readers.

Just for the pure hell of it... here is the number the Walking Dead did back in 2007 , before the TV show.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/11939.html

December 2007 - 22,674

This is an astounding climb for a series in a few years. Its clear the popularity of the TV series has helped it. People can deny it...but no one is really believing them if you research it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

SUPERECWFAN1:

of course the tv show has made some difference to current popularity, the sales but TWD was also toping trades list for years before the tv show. The monthly sales have been helped by the tv show and also the fact its a genre that is easy to pick up,finite story in its own world. Not shared Universe continuity crap that confuse new readers.

But also dont forget to give the real credit for the sales to Kirkman and his co-workers. Their work created the tv show and made it popular. Some tv guy didnt create TWD from his own mind,creation.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    SUPERECWFAN1:

of course the tv show has made some difference to current popularity, the sales but TWD was also toping trades list for years before the tv show. The monthly sales have been helped by the tv show and also the fact its a genre that is easy to pick up,finite story in its own world. Not shared Universe continuity crap that confuse new readers.

But also dont forget to give the real credit for the sales to Kirkman and his co-workers. Their work created the tv show and made it popular. Some tv guy didnt create TWD from his own mind,creation.
    No one is denying Kirkman and Allard's work at all here . I'm not... what I have basically said is this.... many who never heard of the Walking Dead comic are starting to discover it due to the show. That is where I'm saying this. The readership for sure was there for the Graphic Novels . Now were seeing readers discover the series and going straight into the single issues now.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No one is denying Kirkman and Allard's work at all here . I'm not... what I have basically said is this.... many who never heard of the Walking Dead comic are starting to discover it due to the show. That is where I'm saying this. The readership for sure was there for the Graphic Novels . Now were seeing readers discover the series and going straight into the single issues now.
    Yeah i know what you meant but i would like to see the actual creators mentioned more often as one of the reasons for the single issues is so big now.

I can see clearly the tv fans have added to the monthly readers, when the series was new as monthly series and i started reading it was selling 15 000 at its best month in 2006. You cant deny there are many new fans because of the tv show. I have even seen people who dont like the tv show read the comics just because they wouldnt know there was a popular zombie comics if there was not the show on tv here.

The video-game is vastly overrated as adding to the popularity of the comic, its mostly american thing the games. Fans of the tv show here dont know there is some videogames out there. Its not as mainstream up here as the tv show is highly marketed on big national channels. Its like some US Country stars that dont exist to Europeans because they are limited their popularity in US, the videogame or are there several videogames im not sure.....
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    yeah I am mean they have had everything handed to them for hundreds of years it just so sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    My favorite is (the radical)white people that want to form their own country. Im like yeah, you do that...but who will do all the hard work you tend to avoid. Like Garbage collections, Road Crews, Food preparation, baggage handling, etc.

i picture it in my head, a bunch of people looking at one another. And if they can get themselves to do the work you know they wont do it for as much as minorities get paid to do it..4 to 7 dollars an hour
    I heard some were threatening to leave the country and move to California.

Some Congressman from Texas wanted the state to secede from the Union. Hmmm.....they'd have illegals crossing all of their borders. I guess they would build a fence around the entire state.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

EDIT: Nevermind! I'm fucking blind tonight
    Last edited by Johnny P. Sartre; 11-10-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Who is Tim Schaefer? Never heard of him.

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Who is Tim Schaefer? Never heard of him.
    Tim Schaefer is a game designer who has designed games like Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, and Brütal Legend, and co-designer of the early classics The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and Day of the Tentacle.

He has own company now named Double Fine and they racked up in the millions for their kickerstarter project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...?ref=spotlight

and here are all the updates for the project

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dventure/posts

I supported it and I WHOLLY trust Tim Schaefer.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    I'm donating this week when I get paid, I think he can do it. There was another kickstarter project (
    Finding the funk) that I wasn't sure was going to make it so I watched it. When it seemed like it was going to happen I donated.
    With this one I have faith in Brandon I think he can do it.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whisky, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis