Page 264 of 2230 FirstFirst ... 1642142542602612622632642652662672682743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 33441
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I know its semantics, but Im not sure if "rip off" is the appropriate term since the folks at Travellers Tales are working with the TV show to tie the game in
    Exactly.... i mean lets be honest...the show has launched the property into a new realm of popularity. We wouldn't have games or increased sales of this series as a comic right now.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Exactly.... i mean lets be honest...the show has launched the property into a new realm of popularity. We wouldn't have games or increased sales of this series as a comic right now.
    I know its semantics, but Im not sure if "rip off" is the appropriate term since the folks at Travellers Tales are working with the TV show to tie the game in

Seeing as how AMC themselves have said they have no relation to the show and the makers of the game themselves again saying outside of using the guy who plays Glen they have no ties to the show and even mentioned it was odd to see something they did in their games get "used" in the show, there's also the fact that again it follows the comic( you know that thing that started it all ) and runs almost side by side with it.

But go ahead and believe what you want even though the evidence right there goes against said belief

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Seeing as how AMC themselves have said they have no relation to the show and the makers of the game themselves again saying outside of using the guy who plays Glen they have no ties to the show and even mentioned it was odd to see something they did in their games get "used" in the show, there's also the fact that again it follows the comic( you know that thing that started it all ) and runs almost side by side with it.

But go ahead and believe what you want even though the evidence right there goes against said belief
    Oh we will go ahead and believe it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

I recall reading an article (either Game Informer or No High Scores) about when the game was being developed, that they had visited the set of the show and talked with the writers about things they would have in the game and to get some perspective

I understand there is a minority of HUGE fans of the books that don't like the show....period and refuse to give it any credit

but I watch the show with people who have ZERO idea this was a comic book, (including my mother and my sister) and they know Ive read the books and ask me about differences, but enjoy it immensely...its actually the one show that I watch with my roommates live, its the one time of the week that we all get together
    Support your local roller derby league

Oh we will go ahead and believe it.
    I know, that's why I'm going to pm you about a bag of fresh air I'd love to sell you for the low low price of 10.5 billion since you'll believe anything( I got it from the mystical faeries from the hit show Once Upon A Time )

while it was fun watching and reading the conservative apocalyptic freakout about 'the death of white america', it's getting stale now. a little perspective

A Racially Polarized Country: White Men Lose One
    [...]

I have not seen a tabulation of the new congressional figures for next year’s new Congress, but in spite of some moaning by white male commentators on the right about the “loss of the country,” white men still control Congress overwhelmingly. The current 112th Congress, like all previous congresses, is disproportionately and overwhelmingly white male. In this 2011-2013 Congress, the Senate is 96 percent white in composition, with just two Latino, two Asian American (both from Hawaii), and no black senators. Some 81 percent are white men. The House is 83 percent white in composition, with 72 percent of members being white men. In addition, the very top political leadership of the U.S. Congress and the White House has for centuries been white male–with only two rather recent exceptions (Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, both in the 2000s) since the country’s founding. Also, in the economy, whites, and mainly white men, have dominated the major institutions to the present day. About 95 percent of CEOs of Fortune 500 firms are still white men. And among Forbes magazine’s 400 wealthiest Americans, those worth at least a billion dollars, 86 percent are white men. A modest loss of some political power seems to mean a “loss of the country” for many of these folks.

I know, that's why I'm going to pm you about a bag of fresh air I'd love to sell you for the low low price of 10.5 billion since you'll believe anything( I got it from the mystical faeries from the hit show Once Upon A Time )
    I'm sure me and anyone else will continue to believe the shows popularity leading to downloadable video games and more isn't some wild thing here. It maybe to you...but hey we will continue to sit here and say nope.

I recall reading an article (either Game Informer or No High Scores) about when the game was being developed, that they had visited the set of the show and talked with the writers about things they would have in the game and to get some perspective

I understand there is a minority of HUGE fans of the books that don't like the show....period and refuse to give it any credit

but I watch the show with people who have ZERO idea this was a comic book, (including my mother and my sister) and they know Ive read the books and ask me about differences, but enjoy it immensely...its actually the one show that I watch with my roommates live, its the one time of the week that we all get together
    It was Game Informer and the writer the spoke to because they could only find him on set was.........this guy

I'm sure me and anyone else will continue to believe the shows popularity leading to downloadable video games and more isn't some wild thing here. It maybe to you...but hey we will continue to sit here and say nope.
    I know you will since you know you don't properly read any article you post that says there's no indication why it's popular but if Marvel believes movie fans will flock to comics then you can believe tv fans will flock to comics. Everyone has false beliefs you just picked a typical one( PM sent btw )

It was Game Informer and the writer the spoke to because they could only find him on set was.........this guy
    cool....right from the source then

I haven't played any of the game, point and clicks are really not my thing but I have heard its quite good

I haven't played any of the game, point and clicks are really not my thing but I have heard its quite good
    The game is awesome. Every episode has been great, for 25 bucks I think it's a must own.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    while it was fun watching and reading the conservative apocalyptic freakout about 'the death of white america', it's getting stale now. a little perspective

A Racially Polarized Country: White Men Lose One
    Folks like to freak out, I believe there's a Chuck D lyric I can quote here but there's so many

I've only played a couple and I really liked this one( lead guy is a black guy so it had two things going for it for me ), the fact that a lot of times you do have to make that choice to save someone over someone else does messes with you( you literally only have seconds to react before the game makes the choice for you ) and in TWD fashion the main character get's screwed over a lot. I'm not sure how the other game will feel since it's a fps, you play as Daryl and it's suppose to have a lot of stealth elements to it and it's that part that makes me nervous( and that I'm not a fan of fps games ).

I say when it comes out next month redbox it or something

Licensed games usually aren't that great to beging with. much shorter development cycle so I really don't have super high hopes

Id like to see something a bit more survival based...kind of in the mode of a Splinter Cell or Assassins Creed...like you can use stealth or fight but have to manage your resources.. Dead Rising got it half right, but those games are way way too goofy for me

Licensed games usually aren't that great to beging with. much shorter development cycle so I really don't have super high hopes
    I know but trust me this game is good, shockingly good. It has no reason to be as good as it is

Id like to see something a bit more survival based...kind of in the mode of a Splinter Cell or Assassins Creed...like you can use stealth or fight but have to manage your resources.. Dead Rising got it half right, but those games are way way too goofy for me
    I so wanted to like Dead Rising, then when playing the first game a moment happened that turned me off of playing it any further or any other game in the series

I know you will since you know you don't properly read any article you post that says there's no indication why it's popular but if Marvel believes movie fans will flock to comics then you can believe tv fans will flock to comics. Everyone has false beliefs you just picked a typical one( PM sent btw )
    One doesn't equal the other obviously. This here as we see is a completely different situation. Unlike say ...Avengers which has fans go... where do I start collecting that ? There was 3-5 Avengers teams. Unlike the Walking Dead ...which is one series and fans can pick up a TPB and get caught up quick with them.

Again this isn't rocket science...its clear a popular show is having its effect. You may disagree with it. You may hate that. But the proof is in the pudding.