Page 251 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 1512012412472482492502512522532542552613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 33508
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Johns is on record for saying Cyborg's getting a solo he just didn't say when
    Well smart thinking is this..... keep letting Johns use him in Justice League...wait maybe 2-3 years. The exposure will only help Cyborg when you do give him a solo series. I think that is the best plan.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I dont get this why hate on another minority hero series, does only black heroes count?

We cant afford to hate on a series like this or avoid because you dont trust DC. Blue Beetle, Batwing failed, we have to support every new series like this to see if its any good.
    Because unlike black heroes, other races donít get the sheer hate blasted at them from everybody from those who would not read the book in the first place to those who donít want the book around at all.

Compare the threads of Black Panther & Static to Katanna & Vibe. Itís night and day. Itís PURE hate for BP & Static-itís always attack on the character not the creative teams that screwed up the books.

Now for Vibe & Katanna-folks are hoping the creative teams can do a good job or they are taking shots at the creative team-never any shots at the characters in question.

We donít trust DC because they sure did YANK Static even after a new writer was added. Yet other books including some that sold worst than Static got new creative teams. Static was messed up from the start and never got a chance.

Itís funny everyone is demanding a wait & see attitude for these book but will rally to boycott the black male book. That is what we are sick and tired of seeing. Why do we attract the hate instantly?

Cyborg is getting the free pass from the hate because of one person-JOHNS. And the fact he can be the token negro face of DC without getting in Hal Jordan's way or any other white hero since he has no links to them and Dc doesn't have to share profits with Milestone.

How did Batwing fail? Last time I checked it's still around and looking like it's going to last longer than the much cried about Stephanie Brown series. So it's already a victory.

Iím not buying either book because my final straw with them was butchering of Static. They made it clear we are inferior and have no business buying their product. Os I am doing what I am told-not buying the products of DC.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You should have told him it didn't freaking matter and you liked the song...weird someone would make a big deal out of it. And the answer is the last version with Pearl Jam. That has a whole aura of its own.
    He's, apparently, incredibly religious.

Indeed it does. That's my favorite too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    maybe he just didn't like your singing
    Please, my singing has been praised by pretty much anyone who's heard it.

Yeah Katana has her Outsiders connection and the Batbook team bump but come on! Is DC just trying to build her up cause she is Batman's partner in that new cartoon next year?
    Probably, yes.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

question for you guys when is it okay to let kids start kissing and making out and stuff?

People keep complaining about Mitt Romney taking us back to the fifties but how else are we going to make sure that Biff Tannen doesn't go all the way with Lorraine Baines?
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

question for you guys when is it okay to let kids start kissing and making out and stuff?
    this makes it seem like you have a choice. the choice is when is it okay for them to kiss in front of you

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    this makes it seem like you have a choice. the choice is when is it okay for them to kiss in front of you
    fine let me pose this question another way.

Is this okay?

what's the issue? you're not suggesting that they're making out?

"So, that's how it is in their family."
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    what's the issue? you're not suggesting that they're making out?
    no I'm not......well not totally. It was suppose to be a kiss on the lips, and from what I've heard BJ just went in with his tongue, still doesn't explain why Shaquita's mouth was open but whatever.

No I was really just getting at how I see kids getting more promiscuous at younger and younger ages, and wanted to get some opinions on this. I'm talking middle school and Elementary school kids doing stuff. As a society I feel like we have a responsibility to set better examples, which is hard when you've got movies and advertisement pushing "sex, sex, sex." I've got some family who still work as teachers and from what I hear through the grapevine some kids are out of control.

The image I posted is more of a joke I think the kid was just imitating kisses he'd seen
    Last edited by Jabare; 11-05-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    She got flamed on TWITTER.

It's the damn internet.

All people DO on Twitter is call each other out.

That is not novel or news or even interesting.

Seriously, its a non issue. This isn't like she is being trashed on major media.
    She is getting reamed out by trolls.

Of course, she has the right to her own opinion, but again so what?
    Fitty Cent is a Republican, and I don't care about that either. And HE'S still relevent.

If internet flack counted as harassment 2/3rd of CBR would be up on charges (including me, probably).
    Just because it's commonplace doesn't make it OK.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

No I was really just getting at how I see kids getting more promiscuous at younger and younger ages, and wanted to get some opinions on this. I'm talking middle school and Elementary school kids doing stuff. As a society I feel like we have a responsibility to set better examples, which is hard when you've got movies and advertisement pushing "sex, sex, sex." I've got some family who still work as teachers and from what I hear through the grapevine some kids are out of control.
    Just because it's on tv or in a film doesn't mean you can't control it. That falls on parents. You as the parent have to set the standards for your kids so no matter what society says-you have given your child a set of morals and standards to live by (or at least try to).

A lot of these kids do this stuff because home and the community accepts it.

Hard to help a child that comes from communities where it's normal for 11 year old girls to get knocked up by 25 year old or 25 year old girls to knocked up by 15 year old boys. Now you would THINK folks would call the cops but your hands get tied when the kid's parents says it's okay.

Those kids are doing what the house hold allows.

Middle school and elementary kids were "doing stuff" when I was in middle and elementary school, 15-20 years ago.

Okay, not me, but still. The notion that sexual morals are continually degrading is a myth, albeit one with baffling endurance.

Fifty cent is no longer relevant!

12, but let the kid pick, because they probably won't tell you when they've done it anyway.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.