Page 250 of 2234 FirstFirst ... 1502002402462472482492502512522532542603003507501250 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 33506

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    DC's next push is going to include solo books for Vibe and Katana. Ann Nocenti is writing Katana, so that's the more exciting of the two, in my opinion (even if her Green Arrow has been weak), but both books add more diversity to DC's lineup. I'm interested to see how they do.

Oh Hell no. Cyborg doesn't have a solo yet Katana is getting one? What is this more people know Cyborg!

Yeah Katana has her Outsiders connection and the Batbook team bump but come on! Is DC just trying to build her up cause she is Batman's partner int hat new cartoon next year?

For the record I like Katana, but I don't trust DC to put out a compelling solo series with her

Team T-Dog lives On!!!!!

Elder Member

Recent interview with Stan Lee.

Q: Any new super hero’s that are going to be made into movies that are going to come out in the near future?

Lee: “Oh they are all being made into movies! I can tell you there will definitely be a Dr. Strange movie! They are working on Antman, which requires really small cameras! Black Panther is being developed, one of my favorites…the Inhumans…All the hero’s will eventually be made into movies.”
    SOURCE

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Recent interview with Stan Lee.

SOURCE

I'll believe it when I see the trailer, till than I call shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Oh Hell no. Cyborg doesn't have a solo yet Katana is getting one? What is this more people know Cyborg!

Yeah Katana has her Outsiders connection and the Batbook team bump but come on! Is DC just trying to build her up cause she is Batman's partner int hat new cartoon next year?

For the record I like Katana, but I don't trust DC to put out a compelling solo series with her
    I dont get this why hate on another minority hero series, does only black heroes count?

Im glad Katana is getting her chance and she didnt stop Cyborg ongoing, she doesnt run DC comics. I will try her series and hope its good.

We cant afford to hate on a series like this or avoid because you dont trust DC. Blue Beetle, Batwing failed, we have to support every new series like this to see if its any good.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Whoa whoa whoa, that's a complete misinterpreting of his post, and others.

Nobody is hating on the fact that Katana has a series.

The issues are:

1) DC has a history of half-assing their pushes for diversity. This has all the signs of the same old.

2) Though Katana didn't stop Cyborg from having a series, it is really annoying that DC said that Cyborg was going to get a big push, but the results show that they were overstating.

3) Who the hell said that only black heroes count? Who implied it? Who even mentioned it? I'm sick of that rhetoric being used around here.

Ignoring all that, I'm going to support both series, at least until they prove to be no longer be worth my time. Like I did with every minority title DC launched. But yeah, I'm left wondering why Katana and Vibe were the ones they picked to have ongoings.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I dont get this why hate on another minority hero series, does only black heroes count?

Im glad Katana is getting her chance and she didnt stop Cyborg ongoing, she doesnt run DC comics. I will try her series and hope its good.

We cant afford to hate on a series like this or avoid because you dont trust DC. Blue Beetle, Batwing failed, we have to support every new series like this to see if its any good.
    Relax I was exaggerating.....slightly. but I still want my Cyborg series as KK was getting at. Seeing as Katana will be in JLA and the new Batman cartoon I kind of see what DC might be thinking.

I'm giving it a peak, but I'm not going to support a book simply because its a minority character. The books actually got to be good/compelling. I've probably been the most supportive of the new 52 of posters who frequent this thread.

Also a lot of the solo titles DC put out flopped, not because of lack of interest but because of poor directions and execution by creative teams. That said DC and marvel haven't had a lot of success with this type of hero in an ongoing, which is surprising cause smaller publisher's and manga writers/artist hit homeruns with this archetype all the time.Hopefully DC doesn't repeat the same mistakes this time around.

I'll wait till I learn more, cause I've read next to nothing about this. Vibe's the title I'm more worried about he's a relative unknown to most fans.
    Last edited by Jabare; 11-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Elder Member

Alright, this is off-topic but I was persecuted in the weirdest way the other day. I had been singing Last Kiss and someone who knows I'm an Atheist said, in all seriousness, "You can't sing that song due to it having to do with heaven". The fuck right?

You know what, just to spite them, I want to know which version of Last Kiss you guys like the most too

The original by Wayne Cochran

J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers' cover

Pearl Jam's cover
    Last edited by wyokid; 11-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Alright, this is off-topic but I was persecuted in the weirdest way the other day. I had been singing Last Kiss and someone who knows I'm an Atheist said, in all seriousness, "You can't sing that song due to it having to do with heaven". The fuck right?

You know what, just to spite them, I want to know which version of Last Kiss you guys like the most too

Pearl Jam's cover

Wow. was whoever said that really serious?

People get so bent out of shape about religion. That's why I never talk about it, not even with family

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wow. was whoever said that really serious?

People get so bent out of shape about religion. That's why I never talk about it, not even with family
    Absolutely serious. It with both of us pissed off and ready to punch each other in the face.

At least Vibe and Katana start out with an advantage that Blue Beetle, Stactic and the rest Didn't have : They start out being members of teams.

Having a character appear in a team book let the reader know that the characters exists.

Everybody is gonna read JLA. Maybe some of those readers will become interested in his solo after seeing him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    At least Vibe and Katana start out with an advantage that Blue Beetle, Stactic and the rest Didn't have : They start out being members of teams.

Having a character appear in a team book let the reader know that the characters exists.

Everybody is gonna read JLA. Maybe some of those readers will become interested in his solo after seeing him there.
    static never had a chance, a dysfunctional creative team and bad art, the title was doomed from the first issue.

Surprised DC dropped the ball so badly on Blue Bettle especially when the first series was so amazing

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, that's a complete misinterpreting of his post, and others.

Nobody is hating on the fact that Katana has a series.

The issues are:

1) DC has a history of half-assing their pushes for diversity. This has all the signs of the same old.

2) Though Katana didn't stop Cyborg from having a series, it is really annoying that DC said that Cyborg was going to get a big push, but the results show that they were overstating.

3) Who the hell said that only black heroes count? Who implied it? Who even mentioned it? I'm sick of that rhetoric being used around here.

Ignoring all that, I'm going to support both series, at least until they prove to be no longer be worth my time. Like I did with every minority title DC launched. But yeah, I'm left wondering why Katana and Vibe were the ones they picked to have ongoings.
    I remember when it was started about Cyborg's big push. At the time he was given a big part of being part of the new Justice League and team that formed. His new origin tied into that . Also during this they did Justice League : Doom . Which was an animated movie that they timed right when the new 52 came out and Cyborg played a big role in that one as well . So I think that was the push DC was talking about then.

Pearl Jam's cover
    You should have told him it didn't freaking matter and you liked the song...weird someone would make a big deal out of it. And the answer is the last version with Pearl Jam. That has a whole aura of its own.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

maybe he just didn't like your singing
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I remember when it was started about Cyborg's big push. At the time he was given a big part of being part of the new Justice League and team that formed. His new origin tied into that . Also during this they did Justice League : Doom . Which was an animated movie that they timed right when the new 52 came out and Cyborg played a big role in that one as well . So I think that was the push DC was talking about then.
    Johns is on record for saying Cyborg's getting a solo he just didn't say when