Page 249 of 2235 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 33520

I'm more appalled at the idea of anybody paying attention to what Stacey Dash has to SAY.

I don't care what Stacey Dash says as long is she ia wearing a tight t shirt and booty shorts.when she says it.

Let's have some perspective here for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Black People For Obama: African-American Support For Obama Called Prejudice, Blind Loyalty

I'm only focusing on this one part, feel free to focus on the rest (there's a lot more in that article), because it's really fucking disgusting.
    Yeah its disgusting attacking Dash for using her democratic right to vote for anyone she wants. If skin color was the only reason to vote for someone than any idiot could run and destroy a country running it to the ground. Its a complex issue, its okay to proud over the first Black President but being racist about is just so wrong.

I like Ifill, a law professor ending qoute of the article: "There should not be this resistance to pride over the first black president," Ifill says. "If we get to the fifth one, I'll be with you."
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm more appalled at the idea of anybody paying attention to what Stacey Dash has to SAY.

I don't care what Stacey Dash says as long is she ia wearing a tight t shirt and booty shorts.when she says it.

Let's have some perspective here for goodness sake.
    I dont care she is tv actress of silly romance show, she is a woman who got attacked for rights to vote for someone. Stop being sexist about her career choice and see she is a normal American who gets to vote for US President too.

Perspective here is not being racist and think because you are black, proud of the President its okay.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

It's twitter people get harassed all the time. If people were calling her house or going out of there way to write letters that might be another story.

I'm getting tired of people whining about facebook stuff, anytime someone relatively famous expresses a polarizing religious or political opinion they will be flamed. That is the internet. So tired of social media junk being reported as actual news. Than it carries over to the tv/airwaves.

Also not sure why she was supporting Romney over Obama on women's issues.

I'm fairly certain, Stacey just did this for publicity and it paid off. She got a lot of hype and made her relevant again. Worked a lot better than that playboy thing she tried a ways back or whatever.

Yes was it wrong for people to lash out at her the way they did, of course. But lets not be naive about the motives behind this and how we knew people would react. People are jerks online its common knowledge. how long are we going to pretend that people don't tweet, sexist, racist homophobic, insensitive stuff all the time.

Also we don't even know how many people it was, its probably just a few dozen knuckleheads. I hate how everyone always generalizes this junk. All democrats or black people are racist or intolerant or some bs.

Twitter comments shouldn't be breaking news.
    Last edited by Jabare; 11-05-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Black People For Obama: African-American Support For Obama Called Prejudice, Blind Loyalty

I'm only focusing on this one part, feel free to focus on the rest (there's a lot more in that article), because it's really fucking disgusting.
    I'm willing to bet that most of the people attacking Dash and calling her racist names were white far left self proclaim "enlightened liberals". These people are just as bad and hypocritical as far right religious conservatives. These far left white liberals feel that they have the right to either insult or take to task any black person with opposite political views to their own. Hell, I even experienced this crap. About 10 years ago I was having a political discussion with a couple of people (one of whom who happened to be a far left white liberal), and I told him that I was a Republican (I'm actually an Independent with both conservative and liberal views, but I wanted to see where he was coming from). He then turned to me and said "What kind of black man are you". That then told me a lot about that guy. While I don't think that he is a flat out racist, I think that he has some preconceived stereotypes about how black are supposed to think (or SHOULD think).

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Yeah, here's a huge false equivalence here.

Yes, the people who went in on Stacey were messed up in doing it. But that doesn't compare to leaders of your own party insulting, defacing, and supporting policies to degrade entire groups of people. And that is not the same as having a entire channel based around a political party that does the same.

And in the case of Stacey, I support for right to choose who he wants, but I can still call her a damn fool for her choice.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

DC's next push is going to include solo books for Vibe and Katana. Ann Nocenti is writing Katana, so that's the more exciting of the two, in my opinion (even if her Green Arrow has been weak), but both books add more diversity to DC's lineup. I'm interested to see how they do.

Man, they really had to pick KATANA? Ugh...

Couldn't they bring back Dr. Light 2? Or Cassandra? Or some Asian character that isn't based around samurai culture and my least favorite BOP?

I'm cool with Vibe though.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Man, they really had to pick KATANA? Ugh...

Couldn't they bring back Dr. Light 2? Or Cassandra? Or some Asian character that isn't based around samurai culture and my least favorite BOP?

I'm cool with Vibe though.
    I'm guessing that they wanted to pick two characters attached to team books rather than just launching solo books cold. Katana is in BoP, and Vibe will be in the new Justice League of America book, which is by Johns and Finch, so it will probably have big sales. They're hoping for a crossover audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Yeah, here's a huge false equivalence here.

Yes, the people who went in on Stacey were messed up in doing it. But that doesn't compare to leaders of your own party insulting, defacing, and supporting policies to degrade entire groups of people. And that is not the same as having a entire channel based around a political party that does the same.

And in the case of Stacey, I support for right to choose who he wants, but I can still call her a damn fool for her choice.
    Far left liberals and far right conservatives are opposite sides of the same coin. There are people in both the Republicans and Democrats who are full of crap and hypocritical. Liberals say that the REP'S have FOX NEWS and the conservatives say that the DEM'S have MSNBC. DEM'S say that the REP'S degrade or oppress minorities and REP'S say that DEM'S pretend to care about poor and middle class people while they take their tax money and spend it on themselves.

And for the record (like I said in my previous post), I don't belong to any political party. So the REP'S are not "my party".

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Far left liberals and far right conservatives are opposite sides of the same coin.
    Not even close. Far left liberals are at best, the Green Party. Not the Democrats, who by going by a normal political spectrum (not the American one), are still to the right.

The far right conservatives are in the Republican party. Not only that, they make up a large part of the Republicans. So yeah, there's a major power difference firstly. Secondly, there's a huge difference in rhetoric.

There are people in both the Republicans and Democrats who are full of crap and hypocritical.
    I agree.

Liberals say that the REP'S have FOX NEWS and the conservatives say that the DEM'S have MSNBC.
    Most "liberals" don't actually like MSNBC. I know a bunch that go for the Young Turks, Daily Show, or something online.

DEM'S say that the REP'S degrade or oppress minorities and REP'S say that DEM'S pretend to care about poor and middle class people while they take their tax money and spend it on themselves.
    I partially agree with both. It's pretty damn clear that the Republican Party earn their lack of support from minorities, however I do believe that the reasons why Democrats support the middle class not just because of the goodness of their heart. But shit, at least they actually try to care.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Default Since we're on an election day kick....

Here's another article to whet the pallet.

http://www.avidly.org/2012/11/05/major-doma/
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    DC's next push is going to include solo books for Vibe and Katana. Ann Nocenti is writing Katana, so that's the more exciting of the two, in my opinion (even if her Green Arrow has been weak), but both books add more diversity to DC's lineup. I'm interested to see how they do.
    Smh, I had some stuff to say but then I remembered I stopped reading books from that company and it's not worth it to go in on their half assed way of pushing ethnic characters

Also am I the only one who finds it hilarious all the official stuff regarding TWD The Show are all tap dancing around the racial implications of T-Dog's death? Even some fans are doing that exact same thing
    Last edited by Genki Sudo; 11-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.

i remember this when it actually happened and the way it was described in the article barely resembles what took place.

first, the people that responded to Dash first were those that knew she once again got fired from a job, Single Ladies, so, many made tweets and tweet jokes asking how a black unemployed woman could vote for a party that didn't care and were actively against the three things she was, black, unemployed and a woman. this also took place around the same time as RMoney's 47% statement and his southern strategy 'appeal to white resentment' campaign was being pushed full force. those folks clowned her for supporting something against her best interests. she hit the trifecta and the vast majority of tweets were about her voting for a party that didn't care for her, not just the black part of her, but the female and unemployed part.

then right-wing blogs/radio heard the story and all those tweets became black racist mind-think (ignoring the unemployed woman part). which as usual get repeated in the msm, but it was still a minor event and most folks didn't give a rats ass and actively ignored it. it was when Stacy Dash went on Piers Morgan and went on to use MLK and the 'content of the character' quip to explain why she was voting for the etch-a-sketch Mitt, more people started to give her side-eye and cast shade. again, this is before Mendacious Severely Conservative Mitt became Moderate Mitt at the first debate. anybody using that line for Mitt was going to be clowned and dismissed

since then she's done everything to stay in the republican spotlight
    Last edited by 7thangel; 11-05-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    I dont care she is tv actress of silly romance show, she is a woman who got attacked for rights to vote for someone. Stop being sexist about her career choice and see she is a normal American who gets to vote for US President too.

Perspective here is not being racist and think because you are black, proud of the President its okay.
    She got flamed on TWITTER.

It's the damn internet.

All people DO on Twitter is call each other out.

That is not novel or news or even interesting.

Seriously, its a non issue. This isn't like she is being trashed on major media.
    She is getting reamed out by trolls.

Of course, she has the right to her own opinion, but again so what?
    Fitty Cent is a Republican, and I don't care about that either. And HE'S still relevent.

If internet flack counted as harassment 2/3rd of CBR would be up on charges (including me, probably).